Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tank_Ace

Using repair Kit

6 comments in this topic

Members
11 posts
933 battles

If in are in a bb and you are on fire and you want to use your repair kit to heal.  Do you get more overall healing if you use the repair kit to heal before the fire is out or wait until the fire is out first.  For tit does not matter

When I said the repair kit it is the healing part not the put out the fire part which is just repair. 

Is it the same for flooding. 

[FML]
Members
1,626 posts
9,879 battles

Don’t use it immediately, as the heal is faster than the fire damage you take. But you don’t need to wait for the fire to finish - I use mine with like 10-20 secs to go so that my heal timer comes back sooner for the next fire, but some (better players) are happy to drive around with low HP to increase their gun reload via Adrenaline Rush for longer. But the amount healed back is the same (unless you pop it too early).

Exception: British cruisers or battleships with super heal - generally need to wait for the fire to finish due to the huge amount of heal. 

[BRZKR]
[BRZKR]
Members
409 posts
2 minutes ago, Tank_Ace said:

If in are in a bb and you are on fire and you want to use your repair kit to heal.  Do you get more overall healing if you use the repair kit to heal before the fire is out or wait until the fire is out first.  For tit does not matter

When I said the repair kit it is the healing part not the put out the fire part which is just repair. 

Is it the same for flooding. 

Usually, it is better to wait when the fire ends and then to activate the repair party. This also works when you have India Delta signals which increase the repair potential after the heal is consumed. This rule can be broken when you are being bombarded with enemy shells. If that happens to you, I would highly recommend activating the repair party as well. It is also important to note to not use DCP immediately when you are on fire if you are in a BB. Let the fire burn out by itself especially when there is an enemy ship nearby. If there are more than two fires or you are really losing health, then, and only then would you activate DCP. Flooding is similar to fire. Once you flood, it is better to activate DCP immediately after being hit with torpedoes. Be sure to watch out for incoming fire as well because wait time can be very dangerous to your ship. Once DCP goes into its wait time, you can activate the repair party.

I would also like to mention one more thing. If you have noticed the grey bar(potential heal) in the Ship's HP status, make sure to activate the repair party when the gray part is not very small. This wastes your repair party charges and leads to your detriment in battle. This is why India Delta flags are very important since they give you a bigger gray area, which in turn, will give you a bigger heal. Hope this helps!

Members
11 posts
933 battles
50 minutes ago, Leopard_IX said:

Usually, it is better to wait when the fire ends and then to activate the repair party. This also works when you have India Delta signals which increase the repair potential after the heal is consumed. This rule can be broken when you are being bombarded with enemy shells. If that happens to you, I would highly recommend activating the repair party as well. It is also important to note to not use DCP immediately when you are on fire if you are in a BB. Let the fire burn out by itself especially when there is an enemy ship nearby. If there are more than two fires or you are really losing health, then, and only then would you activate DCP. Flooding is similar to fire. Once you flood, it is better to activate DCP immediately after being hit with torpedoes. Be sure to watch out for incoming fire as well because wait time can be very dangerous to your ship. Once DCP goes into its wait time, you can activate the repair party.

I would also like to mention one more thing. If you have noticed the grey bar(potential heal) in the Ship's HP status, make sure to activate the repair party when the gray part is not very small. This wastes your repair party charges and leads to your detriment in battle. This is why India Delta flags are very important since they give you a bigger gray area, which in turn, will give you a bigger heal. Hope this helps!

so just to clarify. If you don't have DCP or not planning to use it.    If you wait until the fire is out then use heal, you would recover more then use heal say 1/2 way through the fire???

Would this be the same for flooding.  That is If you don't have DCP or not planning to use it.  If you wait until flooding is done then heal, you would recover more???. 

[LOU1]
Members
2,854 posts
7,987 battles

Personally, the only time I use heal during a fire (or flood) is when my DCP is on cooldown and my health is getting very low.  I use it to in these cases to stay alive or to be ready for an imminent skirmish.  As a CA/CL main, I find myself in that situation more often than I would prefer.  As another poster has stated, you can leave your health low to decrease your reload time if you run Adrenaline Rush.  Then you pop heal before you enter a danger zone.

Another point: Damage Control Party and Damage Repair Party are not interchangeable.  DCP stops firs/flooding and brings modules back on line without affecting your health  and gives you a short immunity to further damage.  Damage Repair Party restores a certain percentage of of your health.

[CAST]
Members
1,397 posts
5,794 battles
2 hours ago, Tank_Ace said:

so just to clarify. If you don't have DCP or not planning to use it.    If you wait until the fire is out then use heal, you would recover more then use heal say 1/2 way through the fire???

Would this be the same for flooding.  That is If you don't have DCP or not planning to use it.  If you wait until flooding is done then heal, you would recover more???. 

The confusion lies in the fact that the Repair Party can heal 100% of the fire damage your ship takes.  However, the amount of damage you can repair with each Repair Party is tied to the total number of hit points your ship starts with, so popping the consumable too early effectively wastes some of your healing potential. 

To use your North Carolina as an example, the Repair Party on that ship will heal 0.5% of your maximum hit points each second, for 28 seconds.  That's 330 HP/sec assuming you're running the "B" hull.  A single ticking fire will do 0.3% of your maximum HP per second, or 198 HP/sec, for 60 seconds (not taking signals or captain skills into account).  A ridiculously simple example would be if your North Carolina were set on fire by the very first shell to hit it (which shattered for no direct damage, but still started that fire).  Using your repair party immediately would completely offset the damage that fire would otherwise cause over the first 28 seconds, but that would "only" cover 5,544 hit points.  Waiting until the fire had burned itself out in this example would heal 9,240 hit points (the maximum you can heal, again without taking signals into account).  If you waited until the fire had burned off the difference (3,696 hit points) and then popped your heal, you would also get the maximum benefit from your consumable.

Expecting anyone to do the math in the heat of battle or to memorize these figures for all of their ships is a tad unrealistic, so a more general rule you can follow while playing is to avoid using your Repair Party until the "grey" portion of your HP bar is at least 1/6 the total length of the bar (or a bit more for UK battleships or other ships with the "super heal").  A good way to test how accurate you are in your timing is to keep one eye on your climbing hit points and see if you stop healing before the consumable ticker runs out...if you do, then you wasted that many seconds of potential healing.  Of course if you're down to only 5k hit points in total, then you're going to want to use your heal the instant it's available, so long as there is some healing potential.

As flooding causes more than twice as much damage per second than fires do (and also slows your ship down), you pretty much always want to use your DCP as soon as its available to stop the flood (the obvious exception being when you are certain there are more torpedoes bearing in on you which you might not be able to dodge).  If DCP is not available but your Repair Party is, you will absolutely want to pop RP immediately since flooding causes more damage per second than your heal will cover (except in "super heal" ships). 

Sign in to follow this