You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Audolphins

Unsportsmen like conduct

12 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
5,974 battles

Ladies and gentlemen of the World of Warships staff

I was recently turned pink because of an AFK and told this is un-sportsmen like as is leaving a game early. I like this game but on occasion I find it necessary to leave the keyboard. To answer the door, attend a sick spouse to let the dog out this is called life world of warships is a game.  If you cannot tell the difference between the too I feel sorry for you I suggest you get one (life that is). In the mean time my life will always take precedence over the "GAME World of Warships" if this is a problem please let me know I can easily find a different game to play.

Ann

By the way the reason I was AFK the last time is I was froze out of the game and had to reboot.  Same evening I didn't get into play (on team list) until over a minute had passed then had a bad case of the staggers and skips.

Edited by Audolphins
clarification of whom it was intended for
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 3

Members
1,119 posts
3,141 battles

All of our lives take priority over the game. Simple fact. That goes for every game too. However, there are things you can do to negate this. Try to only sit down and play when you know you most likely won't have any obligations or distractions. 

14 minutes ago, Audolphins said:

By the way the reason I was AFK the last time is I was froze out of the game and had to reboot.

Reasons like this are legit and shouldn't be punished as harshly IMO. If it isn't the user's fault they shouldn't be cautioned/disciplined. 

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
2,871 posts
7,996 battles

It is only a two game penalty and it means almost nothing.  (I know, it does sting a bit in reality.)  It does nothing other than make you pink unless you are a frequent AFKer, which this system has been reducing.  Players who frequently leave their team mates to fight alone, and there were/are players who do this purposefully will have increasing number of pink battles.  this will lead to a warning status where they will see themselves as orange and only be allowed to play in PvE (Coop).

Yesterday, I got booted out of three battles and just barely made it back in in time to affect the outcome and not be AFK.  To be safe, I set up my laptop next to my desktop in case it was my PC starting to act up.  Looking on the forums, I saw a few other players were having some lag issues at that time and players commented in the game chat.  Of course, when I was prepared to not have to reboot (using the laptop) everything settled down, LOL.

Also, while mods do read threads, the forum is not the best way to contact WG staff.

Edited by ExploratorOne

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles

The game can't know why you left (it is an automatics system) but you are taking it wayyyy more seriously than anyone should.  Deal with real life when you have to and play on...  It has happened to most, if not all, of us at one time or another.

Edited by CylonRed

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,799 posts
18,709 battles

May I suggested that you find another game if you can't deal with these silly rules .

• Bad 1

[PSP]
Members
6,041 posts
8,583 battles

The thing to do when "pink" is to make a joke of it. Most every Random game has a pink player or two in it and I've gotten a lot of Forum Funnies material from good-natured ribbing and self-deprecation.

shot-18_08.05_12_58.50-0573.jpg.92432801'

:Smile_Default: Hi

:cap_cool: Hey

:Smile_Default: Pinky McPinkster here

:cap_cool: How did you get pink?

:Smile_Default: Come just a little bit closer and I'll show you

Edited by Snargfargle

[USFTW]
Members
94 posts
1,884 battles

I do feel like it drives away casuals like myself who simply cannot guarantee that we will not have other things to do for extended periods of time. I also wish there were different colours for afk and team damage.

[LOU1]
Members
2,871 posts
7,996 battles

After the recent change, pink does not mean very much in WOWS.  For my part, I try to give pink players a little extra space so that there is less chance of swapping paint and extending their number of battles.

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
825 posts
4,557 battles
4 hours ago, Audolphins said:

Ladies and gentlemen of the World of Warships staff

I was recently turned pink because of an AFK and told this is un-sportsmen like as is leaving a game early. I like this game but on occasion I find it necessary to leave the keyboard. To answer the door, attend a sick spouse to let the dog out this is called life world of warships is a game.  If you cannot tell the difference between the too I feel sorry for you I suggest you get one (life that is). In the mean time my life will always take precedence over the "GAME World of Warships" if this is a problem please let me know I can easily find a different game to play.

Ann

By the way the reason I was AFK the last time is I was froze out of the game and had to reboot.  Same evening I didn't get into play (on team list) until over a minute had passed then had a bad case of the staggers and skips.

Hard to believe your not frequently going AFK. Are you playing while at work? If you are I would suggest you stop doing it. I'm not sure how it works but I think even going afk once a day wouldn't turn you pink.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles

I was AFK last week mid game when my Fire Dept pager went off didn’t turn pink cause I’d already fired my guns and did damage ..I apologize for this

have trained the dog to wait , myself I have regular movements and plan the game around those as well as other life stuff . Yes life does take a front seat at times but you seem to have a lot of excuses .. know this .. yes it is a Team game that many have put money time , a lot of effort into and get a fair bit of enjoyment out of it

unfortunately you seem to have a bit of the .. I don’t care attitude along with your whatever ...

that is all

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles

here we go again

daily "game crashed/computer rebooted/had to answer door/power outage/whatever legit reason and i turned pink" panick thread

why would anyone even care about being pink for 2 games

it doesnt even affect anything, no reduced income whatsoever, just a different display colour

Edited by jason199506

Members
125 posts
2,097 battles

Really don't think turning pink is a huge issue. I also got pink once since my internet failed, and I was turned pink, and it only take somewhat like 3 rounds in CO-OP to recover. I also think if you wait for 1 day or something, you also can get recovered from pink, so it is not that a big problem been pink for a bit. I mostly plays CO-OP, and if you play in low tier, you can even make some profit from it even you don't have premium time and premium camo.