You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Super Tester Emails - Error

27 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,496 posts
10,219 battles

Couple threads over on Reddit about it. Haven't seen anything here so might be just an EU server thing. Curious if anyone with an NA account has got the email? I got it for my EU account but not my NA one.

Email is titled Test Ships and lists the ships you supposedly get for testing that will be in your port. Lots of people getting the email but not the ships so clearly it is an error. Just curious if any of you with an NA account have got it?

It's kind of funny really that my EU account got it as I never use it. I accidentally staretd WOWS somehow on the EU server. I had like 75 games when I realized and started over on NA. I have 9k+ NA games but the old, never used, EU account got it LOL.

As said just curious,

Alpha Tester
302 posts
1,531 battles

I got an email for my EU account, that I only ever used for Wotreplays back before they added the NA login. Ive never logged in and played tanks or ships on that account. 

Being confused as heck, I went first to the EU forum, and then here. And just found this thread. Lol.

Cant login to game, or download and login to EU ships until I get home in ~5 hours.

Members
272 posts
4,658 battles

Oh poop.. it's an error? I got that email too and checked all my accounts and found no such ships. I play primarily on the NA server but I also have an account on the SEA one as well as a recently created EU account. 

[AXANR]
Beta Testers
62 posts
3,433 battles

I got it on my EU account. Not sure what it's about. 

I thought it was on my NA account but nope.

Beta Testers
2,865 posts
4,098 battles

wow thanks wg,now i can supertest the tier X russian BB "Konechnaya Rossiya".

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,043 posts
11,539 battles

I got the email as well on my EU account.  I assumed there was some kind of mixup since I was once an NA supertester.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

I just got it for NA. So error confirmed. I quickly logged in to see if i got the new ships to test but was disappointed when it wasn't there.

Maybe it a error due to me being a former supertester?

Members
1 post
135 battles

i got this email as well. i checked my (NA)account and of course, nothing. i was never a super tester in the past so i don't think that has anything to do with it. 

[HEROS]
Members
12 posts
5,595 battles

I got the email and logged into both EU and NA accounts no ships:cap_wander::cap_wander::cap_wander:

would be nice to get them but i dont think they will honor the test ships if it was a mistake.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,544 posts
6,689 battles

it was an honest mistake, but still, try your luck, demand compensation for the disappointment! :Smile_izmena:

Members
2 posts
569 battles

Got the email for my EU account that I forgot I even had. Really confused me, that's for sure. I guess someone accidentally just clicked the "Send All" box.

[ODIN]
Members
20 posts
8,539 battles

Got the mail also,from wows@mail-eu.wargaming.net ,but as someone already said, must be some kind of mistake.

[4HIM]
Members
1,722 posts
3,905 battles

My guess is either an error, or someone found a list of WG players emails and started spamming phishing emails hoping some would click on a link in the message rather than logging into their accounts directly.  

[NUBRS]
[NUBRS]
Members
3 posts
2,115 battles

I got the email to my EU account as well, but checked and nothing on account. I never really play the EU server much, I primarily play NA. lol

[KMS]
[KMS]
Members
108 posts
12,157 battles

I think it's spam because if you notice, as another poster saw, there is a link to FaceBook so I would suspect this is spam...

It also came in my EU mailbox...

I checked the PT server, NA and my RU - I am now going to EU which I have not played in over a year only because I changed my hard drive out to SSD and do not have enough room for the EU server now.

<snip>

We have credited following ships (with commanders) to your account:

• Medea
• Valkyrie
• Wakeful
• Alaska
• Le Terrible
• Jean Bart

You can use following equipment during the test:

Any signals and flags;
Any modernizations;
Any commander skill points;
Any camouflage;
Any premium consumable.

Please, be aware of the following rules and requirements for ship testing:

• At least half of the battles on the ship must be played with no platoon, in the "random battle" mode.
• Currency spent (e.g. doubloons for premium camouflage you have bought) is not included in the testing process and will not be refunded.
• When the ships are removed, commanders are sent to reserve, while modernization, flags and consumables are sent to the inventory.
• Before the official release of the ship, gameplay and performance characteristics are considered to be confidential information.
• On test ships, participation in clan and rank battles is forbidden!

We, at World of Warships Supertest Team, are grateful for you participation and efforts!

Edited by Hans_CC

[HYDRO]
Members
1,345 posts
3,669 battles

Decided to check my e-mails after seeing so many people having this happen to them, and lo and behold, I also got one.

If its phishing, its pretty well done.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,496 posts
10,219 battles
1 hour ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

My guess is either an error, or someone found a list of WG players emails and started spamming phishing emails hoping some would click on a link in the message rather than logging into their accounts directly.  

No it is an official email from WG. Or appears to be anyway.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,496 posts
10,219 battles
9 hours ago, MajorRenegade said:

I just got it for NA. So error confirmed. I quickly logged in to see if i got the new ships to test but was disappointed when it wasn't there.

Maybe it a error due to me being a former supertester?

I was never an ST and I know many others who got the message never were either so that isn't it.

[KMS]
[KMS]
Members
108 posts
12,157 battles

After further investigation it appears to be legitimate but still suspicious - I have to recover my EU account to check - Did anyone check their EU account? I still think it's a mistake - but lets see -= It will be awhile before I can get in my EU - downloading the game now

Edited by Hans_CC

[KMS]
[KMS]
Members
108 posts
12,157 battles

Ahh - missed this - so no ships on EU account - I say it's a mistake - someone in the office must have used the wrong email list

1 hour ago, iamWulferin said:

I got the email to my EU account as well, but checked and nothing on account. I never really play the EU server much, I primarily play NA. lol

Beta Testers
3 posts
349 battles
18 hours ago, PinkSinker44 said:

i got this email as well. i checked my (NA)account and of course, nothing. i was never a super tester in the past so i don't think that has anything to do with it. 

Same here. Never a super tester and checked NA, that I only play on, and there was nothing. Downloaded EU since the email was from WG EU and nothing there.