You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sniper_Fox

Bug Report: Game crashes on load in when setting are set to above maximum

5 comments in this topic

[ANKER]
Members
15 posts
3,373 battles

Issue:

When loading into the game with the setting set to above maximum (as in custom) the client fails to load in and crashes with a fatal error. 

It crashes in such a fashion that the client load in screen is stuck permanently as the main image and i cant see what the fatal error is.  This often requires me to restart the PC to clear.

Expected results:

Client should load in graphic settings without issue and run the game.

Reproduction:

1. In the graphics setting of the game set the resolution to 'Maximum' and hit apply.
  2. Close the client
  3. Launch the client
  4. Client should launch normally
  5. Next set the graphic settings and change the aliasing settings to 8x, note that the setting title changes to custom, hit apply
  6. Close the client
  7. Launch the client
  8. Client should load into login in information window, but when the client tries to launch it will experience a fatal error and crash

Suporting informatiom:

• Systems: Intel Core i7 8 core 16 thread, X99, 64Gb DDR4 3200, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080, Windows 10 64bit, Nvidia Geforce Driver 399.XX.
  • Cleared old client out and reinstalled, issue was not resolved
  • Installed new Nvidia Driver, issue was not resolved
  • Reinstalled the game and use default graphic setting: game launched with no issues
  • Swapped out to maximum setting: game launched with no issues
  • Swapped out Antialiasing from 4x to 8x: game failed to launch and had a fatal error
  • In all cases no mods were running on the game client

[ANKER]
Members
15 posts
3,373 battles

New information.  Crash also happening in full screen mode with 4k.  This issue only happens with load in rather than when the setting is changed in game.

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
189 posts

As the old timers in EQ2 will tell you, "Crank the graphics up until the computer pukes then back it off a bit." 

Members
310 posts
6,262 battles

So any word from Wargaming on this it is getting me grey hair and I have enough already.  3rd reinstrall in as many days computer is a champ there is definitely something with resolution and game settings though. I can get it back by going in safe mode to reset all settings but soon as I adjust the setting to where I play bang same (XXXX) all over again.  I have now completely removed all WOWS Files and trying a reinstall 3rd time in as many days 2nd in 48hrs.  This time I made sure all files where deleted hoping it is a conflict and this will resolve it..... I Hope!  

Update. Reinstall completed went to start game but now I am getting a file could not be found.  WOW!  Installing again with repair hope this does it I only have one hair left.   24Hrs and no response from support yet either.  Day 3 of growing problem.  

Update:  As it appears l am able to run the game flawless in 4K as l am using a 4K display tbat l have run at 10i0P no problem until last 4 days is when this appeared.  So it is resolved down to a issue of not being able to set a lower resolution. If the GUI where larger l could care less. It runs very well at 4K (3840 by 2160) Native resolution.  Graphics card is a ASUS GTX 970 O.C. Direct CUll On a Gigabyte Ga990 UD3 Mobo. 16GB DDR3 RAM on a SAMSUNG 250GB 850 EVO SSD being run by a AMD FX8350 Black Edition CPU

>Any advice is appreciated and yes support has been contacted still waiting a reply going on day 2 

Edited by RCN_1966FireHorse
update.

[ANKER]
Members
15 posts
3,373 battles

Okay so since the latest patch the issue was resolved.

After doing a lot of digging it seems to have been an issue with a config file for start up resolution not getting written to properly.

At this point I would close this thread as solved.