Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AtomicMan3

Ranked ship rentals

3 comments in this topic

[USFTW]
Members
93 posts
1,882 battles

So I just got to rank 15 and I was slightly disappointed. I progressed quickly but then I hit a wall as I have several tier 8s and a tier 9 but no tier 10s and so I could not continue on in ranked. This was a bit of a disappointment, and well I doubt I would have progressed much farther into the high ranks I would have preferred to have that dictated to me by my lack of skill rather then not having the right ships. I think it would be nice to have rentals unlocked at rank 15 so people like me could at least try to continue, like they do for clan battles.

[LOU1]
Members
2,849 posts
7,980 battles

A point to consider is that players have clan mates and a team to help them learn and support them, if necessary, in using the rental.  In Ranked, you would be in an unfamiliar ship on a Random team.  Your team mates might not appreciate having someone with that level of experience  with Tier 10 play AND their ship on their team.  I do not think you would enjoy it much, either.  Tier 10 is a different meta that takes getting used to, whether it is Random or Ranked battles.  It is assumed that by the time a player unlocks a Tier 10, they have acquired the multitude of skills necessary to be somewhat successful with said Tier 10.  Sometimes that is a big assumption (said as he looks in the mirror.)

[USFTW]
Members
93 posts
1,882 battles
7 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

A point to consider is that players have clan mates and a team to help them learn and support them, if necessary, in using the rental.  In Ranked, you would be in an unfamiliar ship on a Random team.  Your team mates might not appreciate having someone with that level of experience  with Tier 10 play AND their ship on their team.  I do not think you would enjoy it much, either.  Tier 10 is a different meta that takes getting used to, whether it is Random or Ranked battles.  It is assumed that by the time a player unlocks a Tier 10, they have acquired the multitude of skills necessary to be somewhat successful with said Tier 10.  Sometimes that is a big assumption (said as he looks in the mirror.)

Well this is an extremely true point, It requires at least some knowledge high tier game-play to get to rank 15 as well as a tier 8 (which is generally considered the first "high" tier) and one only has to que up for one ranked battle at tier 8 and look at all the derpitzs or the conquerors at tier 10 to see that experience clearly isn't a requirement for ranked :). Also Clan battles are generally considered more competitive then ranked thus the rentals couldn't be much more detrimental to ranked then they are to clan battles. That being said your point is extremely valid.

Sign in to follow this