You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

85 comments in this topic

[GLE]
Members
107 posts
8,837 battles

Okay so I was trying to find information for this online before I asked on the forums but I'd like to know of a general estimate of alaska's release date would be? I understand it's in testing and those things take awhile to work out all the kinks but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask! Afterall I need to know when she releases so I can spend money converting free XP to her if she is a free XP ship errr I mean tactically relocate the funds in my wallet. 

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
446 posts
950 battles

Most estimates put it around December at the latest. And one tester let it slip that it will be a FXP ship rather than coal or steel, so 750k FXP...unless WG changes its mind before then. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,932 posts
6,435 battles

if i was a betting man id say maybe some time next month probably at the least, im sure she'll be here before the end of the year

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,932 posts
6,435 battles
16 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

Most estimates put it around December at the latest. And one tester let it slip that it will be a FXP ship rather than coal or steel, so 750k FXP...unless WG changes its mind before then. 

well if thats true, then ill probably be able to get her the day she goes live on the server for everyone to get

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,959 battles
18 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

didn't she start live testing in this current update by supertesters and etc?october might be a good month for her,december is highly unlikely.

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,983 posts

I'm willing to bet she's our Christmas ship. Unless WG wants to push the Jean Bart then instead.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,105 posts
12,851 battles
26 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

I'm willing to bet she's our Christmas ship. Unless WG wants to push the Jean Bart then instead.

Let's see, for timing Alaska release we have Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Xmas …

which of these things is not like the other?

Thanksgiving Turkey Anyone? :)

Edited by Commander_367

[FAPS]
Members
2 posts
1,497 battles

Just came here looking for the same info after seeing one in game. Didn't think to ask at the time, assumed I just missed the news on its release. Do super testers get ships on their main for a time or something?

Assume posting names(even if not shaming) is against ToS like most games so boxed everyone but myself out.

alaska.jpg

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,554 posts
3,734 battles

So far the free xp ships were revealed/teased 3-4 months before being released. With the Alaska being revealed in July, it can be expected to be released in Oct-Nov

• Cool 1

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
446 posts
950 battles
44 minutes ago, Sic_44 said:

Just came here looking for the same info after seeing one in game. Didn't think to ask at the time, assumed I just missed the news on its release. Do super testers get ships on their main for a time or something?

Assume posting names(even if not shaming) is against ToS like most games so boxed everyone but myself out.

alaska.jpg

Yep you'll run into one now and then. Was watching some of Notser's Alaska play this morning on Twitch. Right now at least he feels that both Alaska and Kronstadt are underpowered, and that Salem is actually a better premium cruiser than Alaska.

[FAPS]
Members
2 posts
1,497 battles

Great, thanks.:Smile_honoring: Not used to seeing ST/up-coming ships on the main game. Was in the ST for WoT console and that was a separate server/client.

• Cool 1

[GLE]
Members
107 posts
8,837 battles
2 hours ago, Sic_44 said:

alaska.jpg

Cool! I can't wait for her to release.

[GLE]
Members
107 posts
8,837 battles
1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

So far the free xp ships were revealed/teased 3-4 months before being released. With the Alaska being revealed in July, it can be expected to be released in Oct-Nov

Looking forward to it! Thanks for the information

[MORSV]
Members
23 posts
1,786 battles

Was cool to see a tester ship just now - I am usually oblivious.

I snapped a few screens after I sunk. She was a little banged-up by this point.

20180903212114_1.jpg

20180903212207_1.jpg

20180903212137_1.jpg

• Cool 1

[MOH]
Members
193 posts
1,133 battles

Watched both Notser's and Mejash's gameplay videos on it.  Looks pretty decent overall, but at the same time, doesn't seem to have anything spectacular standing out either.  Her armor seemed decent, gunnery is your typical average American reliability, and seemed like she turned and accelerated pretty well despite her size.  My guess is that her true strong point - her AA - won't really be noticed until the carrier rework goes live.

• Cool 1

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
582 posts
On 9/2/2018 at 6:59 PM, Bonfor said:

Wonder if it will be like Musashi - FXP and Coal?

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
446 posts
950 battles
8 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Wonder if it will be like Musashi - FXP and Coal?

Possibly...

Members
3,629 posts
13,443 battles
On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:15 PM, tcbaker777 said:

if i was a betting man id say maybe some time next month probably at the least, im sure she'll be here before the end of the year

I've seen Alaska twice in the last 2 days. My guess is, after seeing Alaska being tested, that she may be released as early as the patch following 7.9 which would be in October.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
446 posts
950 battles
9 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

I've seen Alaska twice in the last 2 days. My guess is, after seeing Alaska being tested, that she may be released as early as the patch following 7.9 which would be in October.

I'd expect Jean Bart to come out first, unless they offer both up at the same time.

[GLE]
Members
107 posts
8,837 battles
On 9/4/2018 at 8:47 AM, Ranari said:

Watched both Notser's and Mejash's gameplay videos on it.  Looks pretty decent overall, but at the same time, doesn't seem to have anything spectacular standing out either.  Her armor seemed decent, gunnery is your typical average American reliability, and seemed like she turned and accelerated pretty well despite her size.  My guess is that her true strong point - her AA - won't really be noticed until the carrier rework goes live.

That's good enough for me. Im not super big into gimmicks I just like some decent ships! If she plays anything like typical US cruisers I'll enjoy her :)

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
8,034 battles
On 9/4/2018 at 12:25 AM, JakeParlay said:

Was cool to see a tester ship just now - I am usually oblivious.

I snapped a few screens after I sunk. She was a little banged-up by this point.

20180903212114_1.jpg

20180903212207_1.jpg

20180903212137_1.jpg

She looks perfect as is! Whats left to test!!!

• Cool 1

[GLE]
Members
107 posts
8,837 battles
On 9/10/2018 at 6:25 PM, Crokodone said:

She looks perfect as is! Whats left to test!!!

She's beautiful! Just waiting for her release now :( It feels like a long wait

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
8,034 battles
2 minutes ago, Imperialist_Loli said:

She's beautiful! Just waiting for her release now :( It feels like a long wait

Too long, like i cant enjoy any of my ships in port untill she arrives.

• Cool 1