You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Marines

Received a Warspite in supercontainer. What should I do with this boat? Any ideas?

31 comments in this topic

[1-]
Members
578 posts
3,350 battles

Maybe I should open a museum with her to commemorate the heroic deeds of British men once fought?:Smile_teethhappy:

I didn't know you can receive a premium ship like that. It's like.. a fable.

what the hell.jpg

2.jpg

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,921 posts
12,454 battles

Grats! That's a fine prize.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,160 posts
8,772 battles

Take it as a sign from god to go up the RN BB line. She enjoyable to play and is a fine trainer/credit grinder.  The one thing you should not do is sell her.

Members
1,781 posts
17,372 battles

"What should I do...?"

I'd go buy a lottery ticket...

53 minutes ago, _Marines said:

It's like.. a fable.

Keep the fable going before somebody offers you a blue pill & you wake up.

[1-]
Members
578 posts
3,350 battles

Many thanks for the good advice. I tempted at selling her, then decided to keep her in port as a monument.

She does bring good luck, for sure. This is what happens when I play Musashi with Warspite in port:

Untitled.jpg

[HELLS]
Members
1,688 posts
15,246 battles
26 minutes ago, _Marines said:

Many thanks for the good advice. I tempted at selling her, then decided to keep her in port as a monument.

She does bring good luck, for sure. This is what happens when I play Musashi with Warspite in port:

Untitled.jpg

Warspite can do this on her own when flagged up, believe me. Mine has 1.5 million ship XP, and she is one of my most played BBs. A fun ship. Never sell her out...

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,986 posts

She's THE best BB to take into all Tier 6 Ops.

• Cool 1

[ICBM]
Members
300 posts
4,849 battles

Wow! Warspite in supercontainer? Congrats, man. Thats fantastic! I recommend you blow s&%^ up with it.

Edited by mrieder79

[LOU1]
Members
2,871 posts
7,996 battles
14 minutes ago, _Marines said:

Thanks everyone for the chiming in! All you guys are my lucky charms:

Not exactly a Warspite.  Oddly, I just got enough coal to get Musashi, but am suddenly hesitating.  I grew to dislike IJN BBs and stopped at the Fuso.  But, I love playing the Yammi on the PTS and do so every chance I get.  Musashi seems to be the only way I will get to use those big guns whenever I want to, but...

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,986 posts
3 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Not exactly a Warspite.  Oddly, I just got enough coal to get Musashi, but am suddenly hesitating.  I grew to dislike IJN BBs and stopped at the Fuso.  But, I love playing the Yammi on the PTS and do so every chance I get.  Musashi seems to be the only way I will get to use those big guns whenever I want to, but...

Overmatch at will for maximum lols.

[1-]
Members
578 posts
3,350 battles
1 minute ago, ExploratorOne said:

I love Yuro's videos but somehow missed the Warspite one. It's great you posted for me above and I was watching it just now. :Smile_Default:

I too have grown to dislike the stay-behind-and-snipe playstyle of battleships. I find playing that way does not positively contribute to the team's win. Nowadays I'm more inclined to Scharnhorst, the Mamie, Alsace, and GK (H41).:fish_happy:

[LOU1]
Members
2,871 posts
7,996 battles

I didn't know he had done a Warspite one either until tonight.  My favorite one is still the Scharnhorst one.

French BBs push pretty well - Richelieu, Dunkerque with her secondaries, Lyon with her guns.  Even Hood does the battlecruiser thing well, too.

[LOU1]
Members
2,871 posts
7,996 battles
13 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

Overmatch at will for maximum lols.

Exactly.  Oddly, I have a knack for getting detonated in the Yammi - always torp hits under the front turret.

Thinking about this again made me log back into the game.  Probably going to go back and pull the trigger (using coal, not Free XP).  At worst, my Mo and Nelson will have some company in port.  Can't seem to keep Mo's soft sides out of harms way, but Nelson gets a run ever so often.  This XP ship thing must be some kind of obsession.  I have Kron in port, also.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,420 battles

Use it and hope for another premium ship SC soon!

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,598 posts
14,017 battles

Secondary Spec, but don't bother with Manual Secondaries.  There are 3 bad things about her.

1.  Floaty shells that need time to get used to.

2.  Poor AA, and as a Tier VI, she can expect to see CVs.

3.  As a Tier VI, MM is not kind to ships of that tier as they see lots of Tier VII-VIII matches.

What you get is a respectably tough BB with great Repair Party, great Tier VI secondaries, and accurate, hard hitting 381mm AP shells.  Once you get a handle of how to make up for the floaty shells, these guns are magnificent for the tier.  Her 381mm AP also Overmatches every BB and Cruiser from Tier VII and below.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Armor_thresholds

Arizona is great, but Warspite will Overmatch her armor with ease.  This isn't like Bayern who has wonky German dispersion, Warspite has very accurate guns.  She is so accurate that ASM1 is not needed at all.

If Tier VI Ranked should happen again, Warspite will be a solid choice.  Arizona, Warspite, Fuso were blasting fools in Ranked with ease and had high stat performances.  Only DDs, Ryujo, and super stealthy + smoke CLs Perth, Leander could keep pace.  The other Cruisers were getting massacred with hilarious results by these 3 BBs.  Even Old Tier VI Cleveland was getting deleted all the time by these BBs.

And in VI Ranked, if the fight was down to Warspite vs Fuso or Arizona, my money is on Warspite.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[THF41]
Members
236 posts
3,665 battles

The First British Warship I ever got in World of Warships (to be fair when I got her, Warspite was at the time the only British ship in-game).

She is fun to sail and fight with and you will not regret getting her.

[DRACS]
Members
3,350 posts

Warspite is an amazing ship! Damn lucky on that container RNG!

Here's some of the pros with this ship:

- Strong secondary guns that are earily very accurate even without manual secondaries. I've likely farmed more CQC medals on her than even my high tier Germans.
- Solid armor when angled.
- CRAZY GOOD turning radius. I can't stress this enough. Her turning circle is tighter than most destroyers. If you're good on your rudder, you'll pretty much dodge torpedoes with ease. DDs will hate you. And I fear no DDs in this ship unless I get ganged up on. Funny true story: Once pushed a cap hard with this ship that was being contested by no less than three DDs. I torpedobeat that cap for quite some time until my secondary guns killed all three of them. Although one of them managed to get off on target torps before he died and killed me, lol.
- Some of the most accurate BB guns in the game. Her shells are floaty, sure, but that just means they are better at smashing up citadels. Not super amazing pen, so you'll have more trouble with battleship belts, but those accurate guns will tear cruisers, and even DDs, apart.
- It's Damage Control Party is that of cruisers, not battleships. This means a 60s cooldown and 5s duration.

Warspite was THE original brawler BB (with Tirpitz coming in right behind), and is one of those BBs that are not afraid to push caps. Note: if you want to take advantage of her secondaries (trust me when I say you really do), you'll need AFT, the secondary range mod, and the secondaries flag. This will get her range out to 7.6km which is quite respectable at tier 6.

Edited by KaptainKaybe

[REVY]
Members
936 posts
7,294 battles

My first battle in the Warspite (way back when she was first released), I deleted a cruiser at range, multiple citadel hits. Much salt was mined that day.

Took her out a few weeks back, once again, deleted a cruiser at range, multiple citadel hits.

While some say she has 'aged' in the game, she is still quite a good fighting ship.

Members
1,494 posts
7,413 battles

Very nice,  You got lucky.  Definitely never sell it, it's a beast of a ship when you figure her out and put a good captain in it.

Best match of the day. So yeah, enjoy smashing things with those nasty 381mm guns!

EwFJTZO.png?1

Edited by Hangoverhomey