You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
commodore_torakula

Should I Lay off Ranked in my Inferior Rig?

16 comments in this topic

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles

....So anyway as good as I was at ranked last season (not sure why, clueless potato me usually) I'm that bad this season.  And I think (because of the last few updates) my antiquated laptop now loads in so slow that it's costing my side matches.  I'm in a T10 DD at rank 15 and I'm not up front where I should be scouting....at least not at first....some of you might've even seen this (yes, I'm that self-obsessed I think some of you have seen me)....I don't have a T10 BB and I don't play CAs so that's not an option.

....maybe this is blindingly obvious, but should I stop ranked to be fairer to my teammates?

[TBW]
Members
6,328 posts
11,884 battles

@commodore_torakula That would not be fair for the red team. Kidding, Just buy a solid state drive for your laptop and max out your RAM.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,323 posts
11,439 battles

You could be that destroyer that scouts out torps for your battleships and caps mid game.

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
22 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Allegedly, people are bringing inferior skills, so why shouldn't you play?

point taken, but i don't want to give them a double-whammy

• Cool 1

Members
1,780 posts
17,368 battles
1 hour ago, commodore_torakula said:

....So anyway as good as I was at ranked last season (not sure why, clueless potato me usually) I'm that bad this season.  And I think (because of the last few updates) my antiquated laptop now loads in so slow that it's costing my side matches.  I'm in a T10 DD at rank 15 and I'm not up front where I should be scouting....at least not at first....some of you might've even seen this (yes, I'm that self-obsessed I think some of you have seen me)....I don't have a T10 BB and I don't play CAs so that's not an option.

....maybe this is blindingly obvious, but should I stop ranked to be fairer to my teammates?

It is up to your team to "notice" that their DD is not active yet & not charge forward w/out the DD. As it is considered more intelligent now to hang back in a DD w/all the radar you are just getting a heads up on that play style.

People DC all the time from matches so having to wait for you to load in at least leaves you back at spawn & not DCed in the middle of the field where you are an easy kill.

This also gives you the advantage of knowing where the reds actually are from the start (of course I guess that would depend on how long it is actually taking you to load in...can you give us an idea of average time left on clock or something like that?) & knowing where you are actually most needed as soon as you do load in.

PS: What's up w/the large type dude...it's almost like you are "yelling" in lower case letters.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Bad 1

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
19 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

It is up to your team to "notice" that their DD is not active yet & not charge forward w/out the DD. As it is considered more intelligent now to hang back in a DD w/all the radar you are just getting a heads up on that play style.

People DC all the time from matches so having to wait for you to load in at least leaves you back at spawn & not DCed in the middle of the field where you are an easy kill.

This also gives you the advantage of knowing where the reds actually are from the start (of course I guess that would depend on how long it is actually taking you to load in...can you give us an idea of average time left on clock or something like that?) & knowing where you are actually most needed as soon as you do load in.

PS: What's up w/the large type dude...it's almost like you are "yelling" in lower case letters.

oh no i just put my stuff in 18pt font so it stands out.....it's easier to read....funny nobody's called me out on it b4.

[HELLS]
Members
1,688 posts
15,246 battles
31 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

oh no i just put my stuff in 18pt font so it stands out.....it's easier to read....funny nobody's called me out on it b4.

I have a spare pair of eyeglasses I can send you....this old fart knows what you mean...

[SAA]
Members
814 posts
26,781 battles

First off THANK YOU!  At least you are being up front!  I hate when a DD, CA, BB or on that rare occasion

a sky cancerious

low life

bottom feeding

over the horizon coward shooting CV  shows up with 5 battles in a T-10 with a 8 point captain yelling at the rest of us for not carrying them! (yes, that happen to me, guess who won that match).

Use your clan mates to help you and watch some of the twitch streams (like generaldort) to help you see how you should play to help your team.  GL   :Smile_honoring:

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles

If you think that you are causing your team losses, then yes, you should stay out.

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles

yah I'm gonna abide with the consensus here and lay off the ranked until I upgrade my rig....thanks guys.

Members
1,780 posts
17,368 battles
7 hours ago, commodore_torakula said:

So you didn't answer how long you're actually taking to get into battle...is it as much as a minute or just 30 seconds or so...or other?

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles
11 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

So you didn't answer how long you're actually taking to get into battle...is it as much as a minute or just 30 seconds or so...or other?

Yah it can be up to a minute or more....it's bad.

[FACT]
Members
398 posts
3,933 battles
On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:15 PM, DrHolmes52 said:

Allegedly, people are bringing inferior skills, so why shouldn't you play?

Never was this more apparent and on display than yesterday. 4-6 on the day for me. 2 games the team simply gave away instead of playing smart for the wins.

3-4 DD's per battle (appears to be the norm) and I got teamed with the worst of the worst. 3 of the losses I was #1 overall which alone should tell you how bad those battles went and the players I was teamed with. When the game is over before it starts you can't deal damage. When your teammates don't spot, you can't shoot what you can't see. This isn't calling out just the DD players but all the players on the team. Same with lack of focus fire and staying close for support.

When I finally stopped for the day, I only advanced 1 star. The DD meta this season sucks. WG needs to set a cap on the number of DD's in a Ranked battle. When you have 4 DD's, 1 CA, and 2 BB's, it becomes apparent which DD players lack skill. Same goes for CA players sailing the squishiest of ships that dive right in and die and don't bail and go dark. Best was a Henri that friendly torped me from behind to kill the enemy that was already dead.

Foolish game play, everywhere.

Members
1,238 posts
8,932 battles

Update: I shelled out some ca$h for a new ssd drive and began taking ranked with a grain of salt, as it were.

...My Gearing is still no better than it is in anyone else's hands, though.

...A vehicle's a vehicle's a vehicle, I find....perhaps the 10th season will take some interesting turns.