Sign in to follow this  
xp0c

Black screen as soon as game loads

6 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
6,355 battles

Today my game started to give me a black screen as soon as the port loads. I have to restart the pc to get out of it.

I formatted my pc, reinstalled the game, and tried deleting the preference file but no go.

Any fixes? Thanks

[TBW]
Members
6,342 posts
11,884 battles
39 minutes ago, xp0c said:

Today my game started to give me a black screen as soon as the port loads. I have to restart the pc to get out of it.

I formatted my pc, reinstalled the game, and tried deleting the preference file but no go.

Any fixes? Thanks

Try updating your video card?

Members
5 posts
6,355 battles

I'm using a GTX 970, and updated to newest drivers. Game always worked great until today.

Members
5 posts
6,355 battles

I just got done a match, so I think it's working now. Not sure what it was causing my issue though. lol

• Cool 1

[HBR]
Members
5 posts
5,651 battles

Run into a similar issue twice in the last 4 days, display goes completely black early into a game (1-2 minutes).   With maybe 15-20 games in that time its not constant but regular enough to be a major turn-off.

Can Alt-Tab and see the preview of other windows, even Ctrl-Alt-Delete and get to the Windows Lock/Switch User/Etc screen but when I select another window to view its still just a completely black screen.  Only thing that solves the problem is rebooting.

Running  a GeForce GTX 750 (hey, it works) in Win10 with the newest drivers (24.21.13.9836, dated 6/24/18).  Importantly though I've been running these drivers for over a month and never had issues before the last few days, so I'm strongly suspecting its WoWS.  Outside of WoWS machine works fine, have had no problems whatsoever.

Will check back to see if anyone else is experiencing problems, otherwise might be time to kill the sub, not going to have time to troubleshoot this with the work schedule.

Community Department
2,021 posts
500 battles
17 hours ago, xp0c said:

I just got done a match, so I think it's working now. Not sure what it was causing my issue though. lol

Thanks for your answer. If you have this issue back, please, start another topic here. 
I lock this one.