You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Charge4_HEquick

Statistics Players, I need some guidance.

16 comments in this topic

[STW-D]
[STW-D]
Beta Testers
60 posts
3,678 battles

HEy All

Dont Know if this was right place to post, i looked at the Pigeon Nest but couldn't find a create post, tab. Anyway i am coming back into the game for about a month and a half now after a long Military Vacation. and trying find my play range again. But just curious can some of you look at my profile and tell me what i am doing wrong because I am dropping like crazy, and dont understand why? In games I have been consistently Top 3 to 5 with Massive DMg and Exp, Caps, Defends everything. As i am al ittle more Knowledgeable now. But I feel i should be progressing but im dropping. Please help.  I know the Stat stuff shouldn't really be a end all be all of game play, but i like to see what i am good at and what to improve as a team player. Thanks in Advance.

https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1000774839,Charge4_HEquick/

[PRNA]
Supertester
755 posts
3,441 battles

I can only really say two things atm

1. for the past 7 days you have a large amount of battles and are doing fairly well

2. its best not to worry about stats, just have fun and let it be a side that you dont think of too much

Edited by Fog_Carrier_Hornet
grammatical correction
  • Cool 2

[PLPTS]
Members
701 posts

Stats don't always indicate your level of skill or if you're actually doing something wrong. Especially in random battles.

If you get a poor team, your stats will drop in a manner you cannot control. Its unreasonable to expect that you can "herd cats" and control the actions of random people in a random game. It's unfortunately based on luck to a degree...

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Supertester
5,153 posts
8,946 battles

If you're not happy with your current performance, there are numerous ways to deepen your knowledge of the game: Wiki, WoWs Tutorials, YT, etcetera. An inquisitive mind is the first step to becoming better, but it's worth stating that there's nothing saying you MUST get better. If you're enjoying the game, then you're exactly where you need to be. 

Some people want to master the ins and outs of the game or demonstrate a competency suitable for competitive play, but that's not for everyone. 

If you're ever looking for some constructive critique's of your play, give @Lord_Zath a shout. He has a YT channel and Twitch stream dedicated to helping players improve. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I am not a Stats Player {My stats are hidden from public view}

I play each battle with a new perspective for each.

If I see certain players {no names will I give} in the battle I do everything in my power to screw their stats up. Call me a Troll.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Members
4,470 posts
6,219 battles

As stated looks like you are doing fine lately.

Heck OP this game flips on you. For a couple of weeks I had a win rate of almost 70% for over 30 games which is super duper unreal great for me then things flipped. Past week I was in the 30's% win rate. I go up and down and up and down. I only solo in random so I expect this and just do my best. Have fun but try to do your best! 

[5D]
Members
1,226 posts
7,122 battles

If I had to pick out a single stat that you're doing the worst in, I'd say survivability.

Stay alive longer to continue influencing the game.

Everything else should rise in tandem with a rising survivability stat as long as you're not just ineffectually sniping.

Edited by Spartias

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,263 posts
8,818 battles
39 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Stats don't always indicate your level of skill or if you're actually doing something wrong. Especially in random battles.

If you get a poor team, your stats will drop in a manner you cannot control. Its unreasonable to expect that you can "herd cats" and control the actions of random people in a random game. It's unfortunately based on luck to a degree...

^ This, you are doing all right so don't sweat the small stuff.

[VFW]
Members
907 posts
20,798 battles

OP,

Of course, this is only my view/opinion but you asked....

A quick look at your overall and detailed stats tell me this:

1) For the type of ships you mainly play ( #1 BBs, #2 CL/CAs), your main battery accuracy is too low.   Need to work on getting it over 30% hit avg.

2) For DDs (not much play nor high tier):  your contribution to Captures and Defense is too low.   This contributes directly to your low avg XP in DDs.

What is fine/on-track is your K/D ratio, Avg Damage and certain achievements (dreadnought, fireproof, confederate, high caliber).   As for the achievements, IMO this shows that you at least push the enemy team (maybe not so much the objective..due to lower Avg XP).

vr,

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,696 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I am not a Stats Player {My stats are hidden from public view}

I play each battle with a new perspective for each.

If I see certain players {no names will I give} in the battle I do everything in my power to screw their stats up. Call me a Troll.

And what makes you think so irrationally that players who care about their stats don't also play each battle with a new perspective?  A major characteristic of a skilled player is one that doesn't tunnel vision or stubbornly hold on to prejudice.  A skilled player is one that adapts to every new situation and you can't do that unless you remain open-minded and flexible.

But you are right about one thing, you are a troll :P

If you were an 80's rapper, your rap name would be Troll Master Flex.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[STW-D]
[STW-D]
Beta Testers
60 posts
3,678 battles

@ VEE DUB

Yes Sir- I thought this but not quite sure if it was true.

@ Kombat Wombat

Yes sir I will and some have helped immensly. I have played with you alot in games on NA.

@Dmckay

I also thought this too.

@Spartias and Tex

Yes Sir you are right, I saw this but I belive reason it is low is because I am always Pushing and manuvering to kill the enemies or drive into the caps or hold a flank cause others arent, Like 4 ships running from a DD, so I fight my way into a Cap cause enemy Had all 3 I get it back but die in process but then get just Hammered in chat, about being stupid and a noob and dont know what im doing and so on, but yet im trying to fight and win for the team and make the enemy in an unfavorable position so we can turn the table but yet im wrong. Or told your a BB you should stay in the back and all that. That's not me, I like to support the team, but yet its like wrong all the time. And when game is done im like top 3 or so I dont get it. As for hit Ratio, maybe its the ships, i dont know. Ive tried all different croos hairs aiming points but seems RNG hates me. Just like the other day another loss and got Hammered  for it. I had a Mogami Broadside at 5k in Tirpitz Going into a CAP. AP Loaded,Lead Calculated, line on the waterline, boom-- looks good gonna dev strike. 1 shatter the rest hit like 10 ft short in water and 1 shot on its way to mars. second volley same line up this time up a little mid line- boom on the way, ooh yeah here is the win, all land past and one short wth!! no way. He dies i turn DD 3k away broadside with 12% Health, Boom fire 8hits 356Dmg, 11% DD i eat 8 torps, dead. And just get roasted in chat but yet, a full heatlh Chappy,Monarch both about 18k away from anyone or where and 2 1/2health DD's still alive. THose salvoes should have annihalted both of them. especially that DD. That close. hell the Force alone of the shells hitting should have wrecked modules, if i get the answer well overpen. But stuff like that is why my ratio is so low, im always short or long. or im using the wrong ships, cause i some people never miss.

As for DD' crapI suck so bad I cant even play them in Co-OP. LOL. I try and try, but I die in like the first 2-3 minutes easily sometimes i die and never see an enemy. I dont get it. or when i am actually surviving, my torps never hit any thing even using the aimer.

@Spartias

[KP]
Members
2,020 posts
18,497 battles
2 hours ago, Charge4_HEquick said:

HEy All

Dont Know if this was right place to post, i looked at the Pigeon Nest but couldn't find a create post, tab. Anyway i am coming back into the game for about a month and a half now after a long Military Vacation. and trying find my play range again. But just curious can some of you look at my profile and tell me what i am doing wrong because I am dropping like crazy, and dont understand why? In games I have been consistently Top 3 to 5 with Massive DMg and Exp, Caps, Defends everything. As i am al ittle more Knowledgeable now. But I feel i should be progressing but im dropping. Please help.  I know the Stat stuff shouldn't really be a end all be all of game play, but i like to see what i am good at and what to improve as a team player. Thanks in Advance.

https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1000774839,Charge4_HEquick/

You an 11C or a cannon cocker? If it's cannon cocker I can't help you LOL.

Seriously though looking at your stats you are in serious need of low tier play and building up captain skills. 

As far as dealing damage look at it from this perspective. 80K damage at tier 10 in a cruiser is below average. Yet at tier 7 dealing 80K damage in a cruiser is super Unicum. The damage dealt is relative to the reds HP pool.

Shot over!

[STW-D]
[STW-D]
Beta Testers
60 posts
3,678 battles

SHOT OUT!

Hey 11B,  RainMaker Buddy, no shell slinging donkey here bro!! Only Life to Be is Infantry. You are right on the Captain skills thing I only have 2 19 pt Capts. My US and Brit BB captains all others ar like 15 -16. Also So how do you know whats Average damage for a Ship?? I try and do the most damage i can but are there certain points or something you have to hit on the ships to know that youve done XXX Damage? for a tier or is their like a scale??  To hit more AP or HE Damage to get above this average damge thing you say.??

[KRK]
Members
1,077 posts
13,906 battles

I play a lot and have unicum days, and completely crap days. Some of it is me, and some of it is teams. Statistical variance is gonna happen; it is damped at the extreme ends of the bell curve. 

[STW-D]
[STW-D]
Beta Testers
60 posts
3,678 battles

So looking around and doing some one self searching and valuations of my ships and Play, It seems one for sure try to improve my hit Ratio as stated above. to deal more damage which will allow me or temates to get into caps more, and survive longer. But even though i am dealing good damage and experience and is climpbing and im  playing better. It seems to me that my WTR is dropping and showing that i am not so good is because I lose games according to the graphs and what i can figure.

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,684 posts
15,219 battles

o/

Send me replays and I"ll comment on YOUR gameplay :)