You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
legoboy0401

Gneisenau: SBM2 or ASM 1?

6 comments in this topic

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles

Hello. I just got the Gneisenau, and I was wondering, which slot 3 upgrade should I get? I don't want AAGM 2, as the AA is already good enough.

I have a (nearly) full secondary build captain for my Gneisenau, but he's still in retraining and I'm not using him right now.

I'm wondering: should I go ahead and take ASM 1 until my secondary build captain is ready, and then switch that out for SBM2?

As always, your advice is appreciated, and I look forward to hearing from you!

- Regards, Legoboy0401

[SPTR]
Members
20,095 posts
5,145 battles

I think you should just take ASM1. While yes, your secondaries should be used best, you have only a small number of guns that must be used accurately as Gniesenau just is a shotgun. But don't take it from me, changing would probably work as well.

[FART]
Members
79 posts
4,534 battles

I'd definitely take ASM1. While your secondaries pushed to max range and accuracy can inflict good damage and fires and be a deterrent to ships closing on you, you'll still rely on that 6 barrels of RNG main battery for the lion's share of your damage.

[POP]
Members
527 posts
11,502 battles

Unless they change secondary stats for the tech tree ships always boost your main battery, IMO.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,720 posts
7,354 battles

I boosted the secondaries. While I do understand the issues with the main guns, here's the thing: KM BB's are brawlers, their main guns have the accuracy they do to drive that home, we're meant to get in there and do stuff. More, when you're at, or near, secondary range, the main guns accuracy is not nearly as horrid as it is at range. Gneis is meant to be played at 5-12km, her main guns in that range are lethal, and at 8km full spec, those secondaries just go nuts, and in that range she has torps, as well. 

I'm a huge proponent of building your ships to maximize their strengths. She was meant to be a secondary brawler, build her that way and play her that way.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
2 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I boosted the secondaries. While I do understand the issues with the main guns, here's the thing: KM BB's are brawlers, their main guns have the accuracy they do to drive that home, we're meant to get in there and do stuff. More, when you're at, or near, secondary range, the main guns accuracy is not nearly as horrid as it is at range. Gneis is meant to be played at 5-12km, her main guns in that range are lethal, and at 8km full spec, those secondaries just go nuts, and in that range she has torps, as well. 

I'm a huge proponent of building your ships to maximize their strengths. She was meant to be a secondary brawler, build her that way and play her that way.

Right then. I'll take SBM 2. My secondary build captain is still in retraining, but once he's done, it's only another 70-80k xp to MFCSA.