You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Deus_Drone

Match Making screen shots

35 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles

For crying out loud, rather than posting a crapton of screen grabs, why not limit it to no more than, say, 3 and then tell us why you think that the MM is so bad?  Because at the moment, all I see is a whinefest about tier +/-2 MM.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,844 posts
7,257 battles
10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

For crying out loud, rather than posting a crapton of screen grabs, why not limit it to no more than, say, 3 and then tell us why you think that the MM is so bad?  Because at the moment, all I see is a whinefest about tier +/-2 MM.

I'm not sure it is a complaint thread, but if it is, the results with the likely winner are not helpful to that complaint. Where he was top tier, he was apparently 1-1. Where he was bottom tier, he was apparently 3-0. The rest are from before the battle, so no way to know what happened.

4 minutes ago, Deus_Drone said:

The second screens are just from games played today. 

Match making is a joke. 

MM is a joke and it is bad? Or are complaints about MM a joke? From your W-L record of the MM that have results, you were apparently 3-0 in bottom tier games.

Edited by Kizarvexis
forgot question mark

[PVE]
Members
8,844 posts
7,257 battles
1 minute ago, Deus_Drone said:

Yup and I feel bad for all the bottom tier players. 

So Yep meaning MM is bad? if so, why? You were 3-0 in matches that had results!

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
7 minutes ago, Deus_Drone said:

Match making is a joke. 

It’s no joke ! ..Kinda makes yea want one of them OP higher tier ships doesn’t it ..., that’s the point$

[3COWS]
Members
92 posts
6,048 battles
4 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

It’s no joke ! ..Kinda makes yea want one of them OP higher tier ships doesn’t it ..., that’s the point$

You mean my screen shot with Kurfurst....

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
16 minutes ago, Deus_Drone said:

Match making is a joke. 

If you want to call it a "joke", fine.  But if you don't say WHY you think it's a joke, then calling MM a joke is itself a joke, a meaningless joke.

[3COWS]
Members
92 posts
6,048 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

If you want to call it a "joke", fine.  But if you don't say WHY you think it's a joke, then calling MM a joke is itself a joke, a meaningless joke.

It is consistently pulling ships 2 tiers apart. 

I am not cherry picking the screen shots, these are games I have played today, so there is none missing. 

Every game it is pulling tier 6's in with tier 8's and 8's with 10's. 

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
2 minutes ago, Deus_Drone said:

You mean my screen shot with Kurfurst....

To many screen shots to see but there is a game $ exposure   method to MM

[PVE]
Members
8,844 posts
7,257 battles
1 minute ago, Deus_Drone said:

I am not cherry picking the screen shots, these are games I have played today, so there is none missing. 

Check your data. You were 3-7-4. Three games top tier, seven games bottom tier and four game where you were middle tier.

[PVE]
Members
8,844 posts
7,257 battles
Just now, HMCS_Devilfish said:

To many screen shots to see but there is a game $ exposure   method to MM

I don't buy that. I spend plenty of money on this game and see roughly equal top, middle and bottom tiers. 

[3COWS]
Members
92 posts
6,048 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

Check your data. You were 3-7-4. Three games top tier, seven games bottom tier and four game where you were middle tier.

Check what I have said, I have not said poor me at all. I have provided screen shots of what the match making is consistently doing when peering up ships. 

So imagine being that low tier player in every game, I don't imagine it being fun and engaging. 

playing one right now where the bottom is tier 5 and top is tier 7. 

with 8,000 players online you'd think this would not happen. 

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
7 minutes ago, Deus_Drone said:

So?  What do you expect from +/-2 tier MM?  This is like not expecting the sky to be blue on a sunny day.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,848 battles

27 minutes ago, Deus_Drone said:

Match making is a joke. 

Where is the joke? I don't get the punchline...

[3COWS]
Members
92 posts
6,048 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

So?  What do you expect from +/-2 tier MM?  This is like not expecting the sky to be blue on a sunny day.

i'll spell it out, this needs to be fixed. 

If it pulls players 2 tiers apart every 5th game sure no issue. 

Every single game...... with 8,000 players online, Im sure you're a smart man. Start having a think about how the system is meant to work as of one of the last patches then vs how it actually is. 

Their Youtube channel has a lot of match making complaints as well as the steam forum as well as this forum. 

But im sure you're right and there is no issue. 

[PVE]
Members
8,844 posts
7,257 battles
Just now, Deus_Drone said:

Check what I have said, I have not said poor me at all. I have provided screen shots of what the match making is consistently doing when peering up ships. 

So imagine being that low tier player in every game, I don't imagine it being fun and engaging. 

playing one right now where the bottom is tier 5 and top is tier 7. 

with 8,000 players online you'd think this would not happen. 

Well, the problem with that statement, if for the other players in each of your screen shots, you only see their ONE match. Unless ALL the players were in ALL the games, your games are the ones that will show a trend of top, middle and bottom tier. So with +2/-2 MM, you will see players from tier y, y+1, & y+2 OR y-1, y, y+2 OR y-2, y-1, y.

[3COWS]
Members
92 posts
6,048 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Well, the problem with that statement, if for the other players in each of your screen shots, you only see their ONE match. Unless ALL the players were in ALL the games, your games are the ones that will show a trend of top, middle and bottom tier. So with +2/-2 MM, you will see players from tier y, y+1, & y+2 OR y-1, y, y+2 OR y-2, y-1, y.

You are seeing all my matches and not a single one had 1 tier apart. They are all two tiers apart and these are the only games I have played today so something is not working correctly with match making or my match making. 

Here is another 2 games, it is happening consistently right now.  

I ask you this, I have 61 ships, pick a tier and I will take a screen shot and show you live what the match maker is doing. 

shot-18.09.03_02.57.07-0796.jpg

shot-18.09.03_03.10.07-0152.jpg

Edited by Deus_Drone

[PVE]
Members
8,844 posts
7,257 battles

You are seeing all my matches and not a single one had 1 tier apart. They are all two tiers apart and these are the only games I have played today so something is not working correctly with match making or my match making. 

Here is another 2 games, it is happening consistently right now.  

I ask you this, I have 61 ships, pick a tier and I will take a screen shot and show you live what the match maker is doing. 

shot-18.09.03_02.57.07-0796.jpg

shot-18.09.03_03.10.07-0152.jpg

Only 8,700+ players on. Getting single tier matches depends on enough players in the queue for all three tiers in that play mode, so that the MM can pull out just that tier. Since players are always joining and getting pulled out to play battles, the queues numbers fluctuate pretty much constantly.  As more and more players get into the +2/-2 matchers you will see more and more +1/-1 games and even some 0/0 games.

[3COWS]
Members
92 posts
6,048 battles
5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Only 8,700+ players on. Getting single tier matches depends on enough players in the queue for all three tiers in that play mode, so that the MM can pull out just that tier. Since players are always joining and getting pulled out to play battles, the queues numbers fluctuate pretty much constantly.  As more and more players get into the +2/-2 matchers you will see more and more +1/-1 games and even some 0/0 games.

During the day the peak times are 2,300 players in the low hours, 8,000 then later in the day around 11,000

From what you have said you have explained the issue with the current system and why there needs to be adjustment because it currently works how you have suggested which is not good enough. 

This is why i brought evidence to the table and not just bagging on match making. If it was every second battle no issue. 

This is again happening in every battle. 

The battle I am in at the moment has done it again. 

shot-18.09.03_03.16.20-0968.jpg

Edited by Deus_Drone

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

I don't buy that. I spend plenty of money on this game and see roughly equal top, middle and bottom tiers. 

I’m a wallet warrior also but Here’s the thing ,   if the player base were never exposed to higher tier ships that want would diminish ,less $ on the move ups and the flow of ship grinding would lessen .. marketing 101

I rarely play my Vlll ships anymore except Tirpitz which up tiers well but me and players like me are not the target audience .. it’s the up and comers 

MM is supposed to be totally Random .. but it’s not,  there is one given, we’re every shot every turn by you by everyone is recorded and algorithm analyzed I would think nothing is left to chance, keeping the player base happy while filling there coffers is a delicate dance and MM is a big part of it , if it wasn’t good for them .. it would not be this way 

[PVE]
Members
8,844 posts
7,257 battles

During the day the peak times are 2,300 players in the low hours, 8,000 then later in the day around 11,000

From what you have said you have explained the issue with the current system and why there needs to be adjustment because it currently works how you have suggested which is not good enough. 

This is why i brought evidence to the table and not just bagging on match making. If it was every second battle no issue. 

This is again happening in every battle. 

The battle I am in at the moment has done it again. 

With +2/-2 MM, you will get +2/-2 matches. The only way to fix that is to go to +1/-1 like in the low tiers. Personally, I have no problem with being at -2 or +2 or in between. I just play the game in front of me. 

4 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

I’m a wallet warrior also but Here’s the thing ,   if the player base were never exposed to higher tier ships that want would diminish ,less $ on the move ups and the flow of ship grinding would lessen .. marketing 101

I rarely play my Vlll ships anymore except Tirpitz which up tiers well but me and players like me are not the target audience .. it’s the up and comers 

MM is supposed to be totally Random .. but it’s not,  there is one given, we’re every shot every turn by you by everyone is recorded and algorithm analyzed I would think nothing is left to chance, keeping the player base happy while filling there coffers is a delicate dance and MM is a big part of it , if it wasn’t good for them .. it would not be this way 

Why go to all the trouble to massage something like MM, which would have to massage 24 people at once to put a game together, when you can put T10 in Clan Battles, Ranked and other events instead for FAR less effort?

2 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

There's nothing wrong with +/- 2 MM. 

I agree completely.