U12MONKEYS

CORGI FLEET

12 comments in this topic

[TCAN]
Members
23 posts
2,252 battles

Hello developers

firstly, I'd like to acknowledge all your hard work and effort into making a fine quality game.

I's appreciate it if you would re-introduce the CORGI fleet, and the ARP line of vessels. I'm terribly jealous of those ARP vessels flying the Corgi Fleet flag. I'm sorry I missed that promotion, not being a part of the WOWS at the time.

Please re-introduce the Corgi fleet, and the ARP ships (if licencing permits).

Thank you

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,398 posts

ARP Licenses are long expired, it's up to Sanzigen if they want to start up another run of the collab, which is unlikely
As for the Corgis, that one is definitely not coming back, Niko isn't staff for WG anymore as he didn't join them in moving to Austin. He's still in San Fransisco, working for a different company, but still plays WoWS frequently. However, as the main driving force behind the Corgi fleets, we're unlikely to see a return of that theme, but the event type is still around with Pirates instead, there was one not long ago.

Sadly, those Corgi flags are now only in the hands of those who already earned them and no more will appear

• Cool 3

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,765 battles
13 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

ARP Licenses are long expired, it's up to Sanzigen if they want to start up another run of the collab, which is unlikely
As for the Corgis, that one is definitely not coming back, Niko isn't staff for WG anymore as he didn't join them in moving to Austin. He's still in San Fransisco, working for a different company, but still plays WoWS frequently. However, as the main driving force behind the Corgi fleets, we're unlikely to see a return of that theme, but the event type is still around with Pirates instead, there was one not long ago.

Sadly, those Corgi flags are now only in the hands of those who already earned them and no more will appear

Honestly enough people have online jobs and can work from anywhere, not sure why Niko could not have stayed with Wargaming after years of being really great service for the Wargaming community. :Smile_sad:

Losing NikoPower was major loss for Wargaming.

33454BEF-E115-4ACF-8C7C-B81A679D3B59.thumb.jpeg.e1166e883e977bd858d840d12f2384d9.jpeg

[TAZ]
Members
393 posts

The ARPs are just clones of the Myoko/Kongo/ and Atago just get them. Problem solved, as fot the flag I think you are out of luck.

[LOU1]
Members
2,895 posts
8,004 battles

The Corgi Fleet has been retired and was replaced with the Pirate Fleet.  You may have noticed the Pirate Fleet information was very similar to the Corgi Fleet.

I have long had the suspicion that the Corgi Fleet was a "labor of love" and therefore, very dependent on the staff member (s) who organize it.  With Niko gone, there was no one to replicate the Corgi Fleet.  But, they did find interested staff to create the Pirate Fleet.  That is all pure supposition and opinion on my part.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,730 posts
11,353 battles

The Corgi Fleet is gone. The Pirate Bounty event is the new version, and while better than nothing, in no equal to the Corgi Fleet.

[ERN]
Members
594 posts
8,196 battles

<error>

Edited by XXRed_DawnXX

[ERN]
Members
594 posts
8,196 battles
14 hours ago, U12MONKEYS said:

I's appreciate it if you would re-introduce the... and the ARP line of vessels. I'm terribly jealous of those ARP vessels...

I know the feeling about the ARP line. It is the only collection on my account that isn't complete (I have all but the Atago, and the three exclusive captains awarded for having the complete collection) and it is a bit annoying for me. I wish I would have the chance to finish it, but unfortunately the license agreement between the owners of the ARP franchise and WarGaming expired years ago, and sadly it is unlikely that they would bring it back.

6 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

The Corgi Fleet is gone. The Pirate Bounty event is the new version, and while better than nothing, in no equal to the Corgi Fleet.

I agree.

I was lucky to be part of the last Great Corgi Armada. (Sure, it sounds like a nightmare to be focused fired on by nearly the entire enemy team, but it's also nice to make another smile to receive an award from something as cute as a Corgi Captain). The Pirate Bounty for me, doesn't have as much of a fun feeling as sinking a Corgi, yet we all have to learn that not all good things last forever, and for those who were lucky to be part of it, it was good while it lasted.

Edited by XXRed_DawnXX

[TCAN]
Members
23 posts
2,252 battles

thank you all for your comments....all of which are greatly appreciated. I think Wargaming may of heard me, as the East and South Dragons were introduced in packages with the Scharnhorst and the Atlanta. I got them both. My thanks to Wargaming for theses ships.