Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ShinaMashiro

Blyskawica Update Needed After Smoke Firing Nerf

19 comments in this topic

[BLUE_]
Members
26 posts
6,177 battles

Dear WG,

While the removal of smoke firing and change of spotting is great. You guys really forgot about some ships which needed to have their roles refined since the smoke fire update....

IE the Blyskawica, like that was her main role. And yet her stats are not changed at all since the removal of smoke firing. Without it the Blyskawica is now much harder to play.

And seriously, any time she gets hit from anything, her modules break instantly, and ALL OF THEM. As a dd player who plays other nations dds, no other dds has multiple modules break so easily. What is up with her extreme agility as a dd?

Could you guys consider updating her or something. Like some many other who have (had) the Blyskawica, and BOUGHT HER WITH REAL MONEY, well we just got screwed over.

Sincerely,

A Mad Blyskawica player.

Edited by ShinaMashiro
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

Members
449 posts
12,203 battles

Wargaming already got their money for her.

Wargaming has stated that they will never change a premium ship.

You have to take the good with the bad....

Beta Testers
955 posts
3,281 battles
18 minutes ago, Prothall said:

Wargaming already got their money for her.

You have to take the good with the bad....

This

Plus Wargaming doesn't care about DD's. 

[PLPTS]
Members
697 posts

I will agree that the Blyskawica was basically castrated... And rather severely. It's not nearly as viable as it once was.

And yes! It could be buffed somehow regardless of what others state. I seem to specifically remember the Atago receiving a buff about 3 years ago to its rudder traverse speed. Last I checked the Atago is a premium as well. Where there's a will, there's a way.

[FFLY]
Members
36 posts
11,629 battles

Learn to shoot over islands, or to shoot, then STOP shooting..... you're a DD pretending to be a cruiser, so you need to do both ship's tasks.  Also, if you bought it WAY BACK WHEN and are just now noticing that it's different..... well, uh, I won't go there.  Enjoy your weekend.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,722 posts
7,354 battles

...Smoke firing nerf? Wasn't that...forever ago? Like, the start of 2017? So, we're closing in on 2 years, and you're just now up in arms over the changes it brought about? That's somewhat late to the party, innit?

Aside from that, a couple of things: If you're sitting in smoke in a DD, you're doing it wrong. Next, ain't a ship in the game that has all its modules break at the same time. For the next "next", Blys's smoke firing penalty is virtually the same as her auto detection(IE: the smoke firing nerf pretty much ignored her), so, if you're getting wrecked, then, again, you're doing it wrong, you should have already been moving to begin with, and should have definitely started getting out of dodge when something started closing in on you. For our next "next", every DD in the game, even Khaba, loses modules to HE shells. Every single one, Blys is not somehow 100% worse than all other DD's, and they, conversely, are not 100% better than Blys.

FYI, I bought mine with real money, too. Also FYI, I have zero problems playing her. She's a gunboat, she's meant to be scooting around and using her guns to burn things down(And using IFHE makes it all so much more satisfying, because she loses almost no fire chance, but gains absurd damage output, and I was wracking up high numbers without IFHE back in the day), and using torps opportunistically.

That you're unable to adapt to balance changes in the game isn't WG's fault, it's yours. More, everything you're "listing" is entirely preventable, you just refuse to take the needed steps to prevent them.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[1-]
Members
578 posts
3,345 battles
43 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

I will agree that the Blyskawica was basically castrated... And rather severely. It's not nearly as viable as it once was.

And yes! It could be buffed somehow regardless of what others state. I seem to specifically remember the Atago receiving a buff about 3 years ago to its rudder traverse speed. Last I checked the Atago is a premium as well. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Tirpitz was also buffed. Her secondaries now have the same range as Bismarck, making her a very strong brawler.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
8,800 posts
8 hours ago, Prothall said:

That is incorrect. WG has stated in the past they try very hard not to nerf premiums after release and that doesn't preclude buffs when warranted as has happened with a number of premiums before.

[KAPPA]
Members
144 posts
4,213 battles

Plenty of premiums have been buffed. To name a few: Katori, Yubari and Tirpitz. I'm sure I'm missing some, though, but those are the ones I remembe- Wait, I think Iwaki Alpha got a secondary buff or something, too, or something.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,521 posts
24,580 battles
3 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Plenty of premiums have been buffed. To name a few: Katori, Yubari and Tirpitz. I'm sure I'm missing some, though, but those are the ones I remembe- Wait, I think Iwaki Alpha got a secondary buff or something, too, or something.

Indianpolis received buffs to detection, radar range, Reload rate and turret traverse over the 18 months after I got a steaming pile of Pooh in a Christmas crate. Now she’s a decent ship. 

My Gremyaschy and Kutuzov lost their OWSF abilities!!!  RAGE :fish_viking:

The only ship that I found really weak after the OWSF nerf was Akizuki.  I guess the Zao was underpowered (?) otherwise Zao wouldn’t “need” 12 km torps.  Blyskawica is still a darn good DD. 

[WOLF6]
Members
1,775 posts
4,804 battles
3 hours ago, mrieder79 said:

What smoke firing nerf?

Some time ago, WG increased the range at which all ships could be detected while firing from within smoke. It changed the detection ranges so much that it virtually eliminated the tactical use of smoke by DDs for team mates.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,775 posts
4,804 battles

Blys is still a good DD, but the detection range is horrible for the tier (6.8).  It's a slower Leningrad now, basically.

Z-39 has the same detect without a Captain, with better torps. Don't imagine they will sell many more Blys's.

[PLPTS]
Members
697 posts
20 minutes ago, Thornir said:

Some time ago, WG increased the range at which all ships could be detected while firing from within smoke. It changed the detection ranges so much that it virtually eliminated the tactical use of smoke by DDs for team mates.

What really hurt the ORP Blyskawica wasnt the smoke firing nerf... its the nerf to stealth firing...

[WOLF6]
Members
1,775 posts
4,804 battles
1 minute ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

What really hurt the ORP Blyskawica wasnt the smoke firing nerf... its the nerf to stealth firing...

Don't disagree, but was answering the guy's  question.

[ICBM]
Members
295 posts
4,844 battles

I thought the smoke firing nerf mainly affected BBs and CAs. DDs can still fire in smoke without any problem (until a radar cruiser gets within 10km)

[KAPPA]
Members
144 posts
4,213 battles
6 hours ago, mrieder79 said:

I thought the smoke firing nerf mainly affected BBs and CAs. DDs can still fire in smoke without any problem (until a radar cruiser gets within 10km)

He probably meant setting it for allies to use. Say you see a BB low on health and want to drop smoke for him. It's not uncommon for the smoke firing detection range on a BB to be upwards of 15km. Needless to say, unless they are trying to drop detection to begin with, it won't help. And if they are trying to drop detection, it still won't help, as they likely are about to go undetected anyways. It leaves DD captains that don't often smoke themselves with a consumable not often of much use to them. Sure, you might occasionally smoke a cruiser, but for every cruiser I smoke, there are at least 5 ships I've failed to save for one reason or another.

[ICBM]
Members
295 posts
4,844 battles

That's true. I rarely have anyone who wants smoke anymore. Half the time they just sail right through it.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this