You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BlailBlerg

Ranked impression: TK'ed on the first match

28 comments in this topic

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
34 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

Hmm... Well, I have come to conclusion that random(Ranked is pretty much Random Battles Elite Version) teams are full of randomly selected people across the internet who have the potential of being less-than-savory fellows, am I wrong?

Edited by legoboy0401
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,150 posts
8,766 battles

Ouch, just another example of why performance in Ranked should have little to do with the team. For ranked I would make getting TK'd an automatic not lose a star.

This is another reason I don't play ranked, have a really good game but not top experience earner in a loss and you lose a star. However, face plant early in the match, win and you get a star. They really really need to limit, completely removing is impossible, the impact of the team on advancing or not.

[FAE]
Members
2,118 posts
2,507 battles

I really think that if you TK someone and get reported, you should be pink for much longer. 

[SPTR]
Members
20,095 posts
5,145 battles
35 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

Hmm... Well, I have come to conclusion that random(Ranked is pretty much Random Battles Extra Salty Version) teams are full of randomly selected people across the internet who have the potential of being less-than-savory fellows, am I wrong?

FTFY

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
39 posts
2,779 battles

Played my first ranked this season. Got to about 15 and bagged it. The nice thing is that there are far fewer serious [edited] in random because they are all playing ranked. It is amazing how many players live or die over the outcome of a 20 minute video game match. A lot of folks here really need girlfriends....

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,728 posts
7,354 battles

So? TK's happen to us all, and at some point, we've all done it to someone else. Life goes on.

It's a game, a virtual game, it doesn't matter.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 4

[VW]
Members
1,828 posts
12,269 battles

I got tk’d in me last match by a shimmy who proceeded to sit in smoke 9km from a moskva. Guess what happened to him for the loss? I’m partly thinking his torps were meant for me since i was clearly and finally finished in first.

[4HIM]
Members
1,701 posts
3,878 battles

First time out this season in Rank(ed), in two of three games there were players on our team shooting or actively trying to TK team mates.  So I stopped.  Tried it again yesterday.  Turned my GAS meter to zero and just played.  Few good games, a few bad.  But overall about what one would expect as if you were just playing Randoms on the weekend.  

• Cool 1

[STW-N]
Members
219 posts
7,619 battles
5 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

So? TK's happen to us all, and at some point, we've all done it to someone else. Life goes on.

It's a game, a virtual game, it doesn't matter.

There is a good chance we are living in a simulation. Does anything matter?

[4HIM]
Members
1,701 posts
3,878 battles
4 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

Welcome to the Red Pill: The angry men's rights group that ...

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
9 hours ago, khaenn35 said:

FTFY

Eh, they usually have a little bit higher standard of play than Randoms. Infinitesimally small increase in the standard of play maybe, but it's there.

[LUCK]
Members
1,275 posts
19,006 battles
9 hours ago, handybilly said:

A lot of folks here really need girlfriends....

From what I've experienced, i think it's blatantly obvious why they don't have them in the first place.

[V-MF]
Members
16 posts
669 battles
4 hours ago, Pytheas said:

Simulation makes no difference. The eventual entropic heat death of the universe means than ultimately nothing really matters. Nothing.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,675 battles
16 hours ago, handybilly said:

Played my first ranked this season. Got to about 15 and bagged it. The nice thing is that there are far fewer serious [edited] in random because they are all playing ranked. It is amazing how many players live or die over the outcome of a 20 minute video game match. A lot of folks here really need girlfriends....

I'd love one, but my wife is very much against the idea.

• Funny 2

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,977 battles
6 hours ago, PeoplesCommisar said:

Simulation makes no difference. The eventual entropic heat death of the universe means than ultimately nothing really matters. Nothing.

and random flunctuations of quantum  mechanics will create another big bang.

[SIDE]
Members
714 posts
3,135 battles

Ranked play is absolutely the worst game play. Hard to have any bit of fun when you have a team full of toxic potatoes but... then again, Ranked isn't about having fun or supporting your team. But it's about making sure that you are the highest rank so you don't lose a star. lol

[PSP]
Members
6,038 posts
8,580 battles

I've seen some stupidity and several accidents thus far in Ranked but no intentional TKs. I've rarely seen intentional TKs in the years I've played the game. I have seen a few, but no more than a handful (<10).

The last ship I saw accidentally "TK'd" was when we two of us DDs were having a melee brawl in a cap with the other team's DDs and support fire got one of the team ships by mistake. If there had been no supporting fire from the BBs we would not have taken the cap and probably lost two versus one DDs there. There was a TK, sure, but at the end we were up one DD and a double cap to boot. We went on to easily win the game.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,150 posts
8,766 battles
18 hours ago, BlailBlerg said:

I really think that if you TK someone and get reported, you should be pink for much longer. 

Accidents/mistakes happen to even the best. Pink isn't a punishment, it is a warning.

[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
226 posts
3,223 battles
8 hours ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

From what I've experienced, i think it's blatantly obvious why they don't have them in the first place.

I already have a wife with a honey do list a mile long, and you want me to add in a girlfriend too?

No thanks one women is more than enough!:cap_like:

• Funny 2

Members
587 posts
31 minutes ago, Merlox said:

Ranked play is absolutely the worst game play. Hard to have any bit of fun when you have a team full of toxic potatoes ....

We are nothin but fun...

[SIDE]
Members
714 posts
3,135 battles
1 hour ago, Toxic_Potato said:

We are nothin but fun...

Your name brings me joy. lol

[WOLF2]
Members
1,106 posts
12,851 battles
17 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

I got tk’d in me last match by a shimmy who proceeded to sit in smoke 9km from a moskva. Guess what happened to him for the loss? I’m partly thinking his torps were meant for me since i was clearly and finally finished in first.

TKs strike me as very unusual, and an intentional TK like you describe makes no sense to me.

It almost sounds as if the match was lost and he gave up, somehow blaming you for something - what?

Did he fire torps backwards to the rear or the side … there has to have been some animus right or wrong - it's too strange.