You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

Cause 150K damage in a T9/10 Cruiser in one battle?

33 comments in this topic

[SPTR]
Members
20,095 posts
5,145 battles

It isn't the worst challenge. Ibuki may be best with her HE spam for this.

• Cool 1

[-SYN-]
Members
16 posts
1,644 battles
3 minutes ago, khaenn35 said:

It isn't the worst challenge. Ibuki may be best with her HE spam for this.

Kron would be number 2.  Bit higher AP alpha and fire for the HE.

[ALPHA]
Members
180 posts
4,214 battles

Roon has frequently scored me over 100k frequently. I believe the most damage I have done in match is 131k or so, so my bet is take Roon and sling HE to start as many fires as you can. Most BB’s will let a single fire burn, so hit one, light fire, hit another, rinse and repeat. Also AP at anything broadside will net large salvos, even BB’s broadside will net 10-15k salvos with AP frequently. 

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
1 hour ago, A_Little_Warped said:

Bit higher AP alpha and fire for the HE.

that may be true but it has much worse DPM compared to every other cruiser at that tier so I would place it a bit lower

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
1 hour ago, USSRichardNixon said:

This is a task in a campaign.

It looks pretty hard.

I have Buffalo, Ibuki, Kron, Neptune, Roon so far. Which is better to achieve this task?

Don’t know about those but Play Zao and Hindenburg and numerous times I’ve got above that , even did  130000 in my V Murmansk once

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,150 posts
8,766 battles

If you just want to move on to the next stage just repeat a task. However, it is not an impossible target for even merely average players.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,668 posts
9,985 battles

I'd echo others in suggesting Ibuki or Roon, with a T9 ship you will need a great (though not unheard of) game.

Kronshtadt has the highest average damage at about 69k, Buffalo has the lowest at 44.5k. Neptune's not very good either.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,493 posts
2,046 battles

Eh, probably Kron. Maybe Ibuki. Buffalo has a lot of potential, but tricky to get in the right position.

Other ships: Zao, definitely Zao. Moskva (could argue that it's a BB). Woostah, the amount of damage that thing can put out is downright scary. Des Memes too. Both are situational for that DPM though.

Look, 150K is hard in any ship (well, Conqueror), even in BBs I've only busted it a couple times. The hard answer is the ship you feel most comfortable in is what is most likely to get you that 150K game. Don't try and force a ship you don't like to work just because we said it's the best one.

• Cool 2

[RKN]
Beta Testers
935 posts
8,746 battles

Ibuki is my vote, I've got several 130k+ damage games in her using a spotter plane and reload booster. Might can duplicate that in an Buffalo with spotter plane. Not sure about Kronstadt. I don't own her, but I'd be afraid you'd be frustrated by her accuracy and get a lot of bounces due to AP auto-bounce. 

Edited by SavageTactical

[-RNG-]
Beta Testers
229 posts
2,264 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

If you just want to move on to the next stage just repeat a task. However, it is not an impossible target for even merely average players.

This is my recommendation, there's usually one "accumulate X amount of damage, credits, or exp". I just leave one of those on the back burner on repeat for campaigns I want to advance. 

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,583 posts
5,856 battles

This is difficult?  Just learn how to be a better player, live longer, land more shots, and it comes easy.  I've had several today.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
577 posts
4,543 battles

Roon might be the easiest one, kiting away dealing damage to BBs.

Stay alive and farm and you will get there.

• Cool 2

[NG-NL]
Members
4,955 posts
8,103 battles

Ibuki's RoF means you'll depend on RNG to get some fires, but her AP is very good, esp. if you catch RN CRs broadside. Her other awesome perk is those torpedoes, if you can ambush a BB around an island.

Roon has turtleback armor and the German HE pen, she can rack consistent damage w/ HE or AP. AP > HE on this ship both from velocity and strong pen values. She has the best consistent damahe if you sling HE a lot.

Kron, from what I've seen, needs principally AP vs. broadside targets. It's not well-suited to this.

Neptune's too reliant on positioning and people wandering too close.

Buffalo is the best if thinking AP as she has the improved autobounce AP vs. cruisers and DDs. At close range her AP can punch through the thin 16mm on RN CRs. At longer ranges, her AP loses little power--I've scored 8-15K volleys per salvo on broadside GKs and Yammys by aiming for their top decks.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,150 posts
8,766 battles
8 hours ago, _V12 said:

This is difficult?  Just learn how to be a better player, live longer, land more shots, and it comes easy.  I've had several today.

It isn't just about being a better player. Only unicums look at that as an easy target. I don't know where they are breaking lower and higher tier here but look at the average damage.

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20180901/na_week/average_class.html

Even for players that average far higher getting 150k is not a given.

[MKF]
Members
399 posts
14,828 battles
8 hours ago, _greifer said:

Roon might be the easiest one, kiting away dealing damage to BBs.

Stay alive and farm and you will get there.

Of the ships listed Roon would be the easiest for me for the reasons above

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts

so i post last game driving roon, 187k top chart but still lost :(

in the end 6 ships and bombers were chasing me, still killed a dd, it was fun

shot-18_09.02_13_01.19-0263.thumb.jpg.957a4aed11f77acea1ba3f00bdcd3d2b.jpg

Edited by Happy668

[INTEL]
Members
582 posts
7,301 battles

How far are you from the DM?  That would be a much, much better option.

[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,011 battles
18 hours ago, USSRichardNixon said:

It looks pretty hard.

I have Buffalo, Ibuki, Kron, Neptune, Roon so far. Which is better to achieve this task?

Of those, probably Roon.

The one you're missing, and most likely to do that at T9 IMO, is St. Louis. Double rudder and special speed boost consumable- they shoot at you for a while then tire of not hitting you at that range. Meanwhile, you can burn everything down.

Best of luck to you.

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles

from your list of ships.... 

anything except kron and buffalo would easily do

[FML]
Members
1,629 posts
9,890 battles

I agree with others who have suggested Roon - tanky, but still with good HE pen and excellent AP, should get you over the line in a BB heavy match. 

Else, Saint Louis, who farm HE and fire damage at max range like it’s going out of style. 

Beta Testers
1,012 posts
13,566 battles
20 hours ago, USSRichardNixon said:

It looks pretty hard.

Haven't done it yet in Roon, Kron or Buffalo, but Ibuki and Neptune have been kind to me.

Ibuki.JPG

neptune.JPG