You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sou1forge

Ranked is Alright

6 comments in this topic

Members
201 posts
2,696 battles

It's ok this season. I ground up to rank 5 real quick so I avoided most of the frustrating potatoes. Rank 5 is another story with a Gearing and a Hindy... It's real hard to carry when most people up there right now are good enough not to make stupid mistakes, and even surprise me a few times. You lose points or ships early and it just doesn't flip. And talk about the Yammato/Worcester meta...

That said ranked isn't the worst thing ever. If you can't hack it just stop. Seeing so many threads out with people complaining about playing, or taking the super pretentious "Heh, that's why I stopped at ____ rank you plebs!" approach. I figured it was time to make a thread for the people who enjoy it, or at least enjoy it enough to keep going, so the response people hear isn't all fire and brimstone.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,757 battles

Well Ranked was not so bad today surprisingly, went from 0 stars in Rank 12 to Rank 9 today lol. Did have to really carry a few of the teams, but pleasantly the rest of the teams held their own well enough. Some more days like this and I might Rank out. 

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
1 hour ago, Sou1forge said:

It's ok this season. I ground up to rank 5 real quick so I avoided most of the frustrating potatoes. Rank 5 is another story with a Gearing and a Hindy... It's real hard to carry when most people up there right now are good enough not to make stupid mistakes, and even surprise me a few times. You lose points or ships early and it just doesn't flip. And talk about the Yammato/Worcester meta...

That said ranked isn't the worst thing ever. If you can't hack it just stop. Seeing so many threads out with people complaining about playing, or taking the super pretentious "Heh, that's why I stopped at ____ rank you plebs!" approach. I figured it was time to make a thread for the people who enjoy it, or at least enjoy it enough to keep going, so the response people hear isn't all fire and brimstone.

I’m with you it’s about fun , playing my Hindy and Ye:Smile_smile:uyang 

Members
1,587 posts
4,350 battles

I charged from where ever you start to Rank 11 pretty quickly.  Lots of wins and good teams...and I've not played a match since.  I dip my toes in randoms...and the teams and matches are so bad, I just don't even both queuing up from Ranked.  Glad things are better for you.

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,259 posts
3,836 battles

I've had some sour luck as soon as I hit 15. I made 14 once and then dropped right back down and have floated at 15 for a while now. I wish I had the time to grind ranked at all but lately my patience has not been with dealing with poor teamwork (some of which I'll take the blame for, absolutely) and it hasn't done well with loss after loss after loss. I'll let it coast for a bit and try again sometime before the season's up.