You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
EyelessCr0w

How are you paying for premium?

31 comments in this topic

[NCBL]
Members
98 posts
3,617 battles

So unless I'm missing something I think I'm done with this game. Aside from certain gameplay aspects I am not a fan of my local walmart is now no longer selling game time/premium currency cards for world of tanks or world of warships (checked the only 2 near me today). My bank blocks overseas purchases and will only allow me to make a window to allow this so I have to call in every time and go through this whole deal and explain to the person why I am making this purchase and it's just...annoying. When paying through paypal my bank sees as overseas and still disables my card/blocks the purchase unless I call ahead so that's out too. I've seen you can use giftcards but as far as I've seen from giftcards you have to spend 4-5 dollars more just to purchase the thing and prepaid cards are seen as overseas purchases and will get blocked as well and some of those have stupid as hell fees anyway.

Anyone else have this issue or am I just not doing something right? I thought about switching banks but I don't really want to switch banks just so I can play a damned videogame lol

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,334 posts
9,415 battles

Link Paypal to your bank account.

I buy stuff overseas all the time.

[SIDE]
Members
1,204 posts
8,657 battles

Sorry, but glad I don't use your bank. I use Bank of America, and have had zero problems. Perhaps think about purchasing a year of premium time instead, that way you only deal with your bank infrequently? 

[WOLF3]
Members
5,973 posts
2,203 battles

I have Paypal and charge through to BoA when necessary. 

Buy Doubloons when you can get a good discount.  Though WG tries to imply it, there is never a direct discount for PT.

Members
17,779 posts
5,084 battles

Maybe see if they will allow overseas purchases with a specific limit.

It's like debit cards here in Ontario. If you don't do anything, you have a daily maximum (usually $500 or $1000) on purchases.

I have customers all the time trying to pay for window installations with their card, only to have it rejected.

I just tell them to call their bank. (it's often the first time they have tried to spend that much with it) 

They'll do a one-timer like you spoke of, but you can set a different limit, (or remove it entirely) but they'll be resistant.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
14 minutes ago, EyelessCr0w said:

So unless I'm missing something I think I'm done with this game. Aside from certain gameplay aspects I am not a fan of my local walmart is now no longer selling game time/premium currency cards for world of tanks or world of warships (checked the only 2 near me today). My bank blocks overseas purchases and will only allow me to make a window to allow this so I have to call in every time and go through this whole deal and explain to the person why I am making this purchase and it's just...annoying. When paying through paypal my bank sees as overseas and still disables my card/blocks the purchase unless I call ahead so that's out too. I've seen you can use giftcards but as far as I've seen from giftcards you have to spend 4-5 dollars more just to purchase the thing and prepaid cards are seen as overseas purchases and will get blocked as well and some of those have stupid as hell fees anyway.

Anyone else have this issue or am I just not doing something right? I thought about switching banks but I don't really want to switch banks just so I can play a damned videogame lol

I use paypal but why don't you just buy a visa gift card, buy say a couple $100 of dubloons and buy a year of premium time and whatever else with dubloons? My bank locked my card several times from buying crapfrom WG part of the problem is wargaming has no [edited]cart so multiple transactions to a foreign payment processor flags the activity as fraud. However after 3 or 4 times, I learned that spacing out of the purchases by like an hour or so seems to stop their auto-shutoff and I think they might (or rather their anti-fraud outsourced protection company called Falcon) have noticed I buy stuff from WG regularly because it hasn't happened for awhile. I do see world of tanks gift cards on amazon there are probably other places and premium time is across all WG games (unlike dubloons/gold).

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
2 minutes ago, firemedic1428 said:

I still have 400 days left from Christmas and all my World of Tanks Santa Crates.

Sitting on 210 days left from the last sale they had on dubloon based premium time subs, I got the dubloons discounted to making the sub price cheaper. I could buy more but since you can't pause it it would be a waste.

[NCBL]
Members
98 posts
3,617 battles
16 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Link Paypal to your bank account.

I buy stuff overseas all the time.

I have done both my card and my bank. My bank blocks the transactions if through bank account and locks my card if I use the card.

15 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

Sorry, but glad I don't use your bank. I use Bank of America, and have had zero problems. Perhaps think about purchasing a year of premium time instead, that way you only deal with your bank infrequently? 

So my bank used to be BoA before they were forced to sell the banks to another bank or something for some legal reasons or something. I find it strange because BoA did the same crap so I'm surprised to hear you guys have no problem with them. I don't know if it's a region thing or what but I never had this issue before I moved to Washington state.

7 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Maybe see if they will allow overseas purchases with a specific limit.

It's like debit cards here in Ontario. If you don't do anything, you have a daily maximum (usually $500 or $1000) on purchases.

I have customers all the time trying to pay for window installations with their card, only to have it rejected.

I just tell them to call their bank. (it's often the first time they have tried to spend that much with it) 

They'll do a one-timer like you spoke of, but you can set a different limit, (or remove it entirely) but they'll be resistant.

Yeah I asked about this the second time this happened. First they told me I'd have to come in and sign a waver putting full liability on myself or something if someone just drained my bank account...yeah no. I mentioned it another time I called and the person helping me said she never heard of such a thing, they don't allow it. Just the windows for a maximum of three days.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
629 posts
1,181 battles

I started a separate checking account, then linked it to Paypal. I can transfer money into it from my primary account whenever I need it, and rarely have over $200 in it. I'd never link my primary account to any sort of service like that.

Maybe that's overkill, as I haven't had a problem with Paypal in the 15+ years I've been using it, but better safe than sorry. Using Paypal, I've never been declined for purchasing in-game items for any of the games I play..

[WOLF3]
Members
5,973 posts
2,203 battles
6 minutes ago, EyelessCr0w said:

So my bank used to be BoA before they were forced to sell the banks to another bank or something for some legal reasons or something. I find it strange because BoA did the same crap so I'm surprised to hear you guys have no problem with them. I don't know if it's a region thing or what but I never had this issue before I moved to Washington state.

We .. or at least I .. didn't say that.  We said that fronting with Paypal makes it easy. 

Members
17,779 posts
5,084 battles
59 minutes ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

I started a separate checking account, then linked it to Paypal. I can transfer money into it from my primary account whenever I need it, and rarely have over $200 in it.

That would be a good idea for the OP, even if it meant going to another bank with no restrictions.

You can just e-transfer (assuming you can do that in the US) funds from your primary account to the "gaming" account.

I love modern banking, because I never have to go to the bank. Take a picture of my paycheque, e-transfer some money from there to the bank that holds our mortgage, and done.

Edited by Skpstr

[CHMC]
[CHMC]
Members
228 posts
7,409 battles

I turn tricks at the closest corner in walking distance.

Oh you mean how do you purchase premium, paypal.

[S0L0]
Members
850 posts
4,618 battles
55 minutes ago, EyelessCr0w said:

Karma Koin cards, or purchasing through Amazon. Used to do everything through KK, but I've been slowly moving towards using the Amazon checkout service. Cost is the same, and you have the security of Amazon.

Matt

[PVE]
Members
8,852 posts
7,257 battles
2 hours ago, EyelessCr0w said:

1 hour ago, mobryan said:

Karma Koin cards, or purchasing through Amazon. Used to do everything through KK, but I've been slowly moving towards using the Amazon checkout service. Cost is the same, and you have the security of Amazon.

Matt

I use Karma Koin as well. Some gas stations have them. CVS & Walgreens have them as well. You can combine codes to get bigger amounts. You can also buy codes online I believe. Some of the super bundles won't have Karma Koin options, but almost all of them have had it lately that I used it on.  http://karmakoin.com/

1 hour ago, w4spl3g said:

I use paypal but why don't you just buy a visa gift card, buy say a couple $100 of dubloons and buy a year of premium time and whatever else with dubloons? My bank locked my card several times from buying crapfrom WG part of the problem is wargaming has no [edited]cart so multiple transactions to a foreign payment processor flags the activity as fraud. However after 3 or 4 times, I learned that spacing out of the purchases by like an hour or so seems to stop their auto-shutoff and I think they might (or rather their anti-fraud outsourced protection company called Falcon) have noticed I buy stuff from WG regularly because it hasn't happened for awhile. I do see world of tanks gift cards on amazon there are probably other places and premium time is across all WG games (unlike dubloons/gold).

The prepaid visa and AMEX card will say if they are allowed to be used overseas or not. None of the ones I could find near me were able to be used overseas.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
2 hours ago, EyelessCr0w said:

I’ve just recently ran into this with certain things I buy overseas .. no issues with Wows yet.. it’s a pain to pick up the phone and have a wee chat ... don’t like giving out my number either 

anyway with Wows I use PayPal ... works great

[POP]
Members
530 posts
11,551 battles

I personally try to sell my blood 2-3 times a week.

[WOLF5]
Members
272 posts
5,094 battles

Use American Express, it is the only credit card company that does international purchase easily.  When I travel overseas I always carry an AMEX with me.

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles

Don't buy thru bank accounts or bank debit card.  Get a credit card that has no fees for foreign transactions.

[LOU1]
Members
2,871 posts
7,996 battles

Posters have mentioned Amazon a few times.  If you have set up a payment type in your Amazon account, you can select Amazon payments as a payment type.  When you click to pay with Amazon, a screen for Amazon pops up and you log in.  Then you select which payment type, click OK and you are done.

For Doubloons/Gold, you can buy a Wargaming card through Amazon/Walmart/Best Buy, etc.  You receive the code digitally.  Those WG cards are ONLY good for Doubloons/Gold.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles

I use paypal.  That said you can still play without premium time.