Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Merc85

WG - How Many Battles B4 You Take Action

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

170
[OSG]
Beta Testers
1,350 posts
14,784 battles

Geez WG, how can you wait so long before you take action on bots or players who load but never play.  This Musashi was in my match today.  Obviously he just loads and does nothing.  I would think after 50 or 100 matches your system would be able to scan for "players" like this.  But he is still here after almost 200 battles. 

P.S. It does show you can win over 30% of the time without doing anything.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f26d4f5ab3e34466868e60aaede242ce.png

 

  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[P2W]
Beta Testers
30 posts
7,551 battles

Just one more battle before action is taken. We are on THIS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
414
[VW]
Members
1,843 posts
12,290 battles
13 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

Geez WG, how can you wait so long before you take action on bots or players who load but never play.  This Musashi was in my match today.  Obviously he just loads and does nothing.  I would think after 50 or 100 matches your system would be able to scan for "players" like this.  But he is still here after almost 200 battles. 

P.S. It does show you can win over 30% of the time without doing anything.

  Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.f26d4f5ab3e34466868e60aaede242ce.png

 

As you can see he pays. If the dude gives them money, why would they ban him?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
170
[OSG]
Beta Testers
1,350 posts
14,784 battles
18 minutes ago, jbc98k said:

Just one more battle before action is taken. We are on THIS!

:Smile_Default:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
62
[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
293 posts
4,955 battles

I’m not condoning this player, based on the stats. However, I think there is a difference between loading in and dropping in a game. I frequently have issues where my game loads (based on the progress bar), but I sit staring at the team screen for sometimes up to five minutes before dropping in with my guns already turned and loaded. I bring up the point about guns turned and loaded because people who haven’t loaded the guns stay pointing fore and aft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
170
[OSG]
Beta Testers
1,350 posts
14,784 battles
16 minutes ago, gmrbull said:

I’m not condoning this player, based on the stats. However, I think there is a difference between loading in and dropping in a game. I frequently have issues where my game loads (based on the progress bar), but I sit staring at the team screen for sometimes up to five minutes before dropping in with my guns already turned and loaded. I bring up the point about guns turned and loaded because people who haven’t loaded the guns stay pointing fore and aft.

I agree with you....but how could that be the problem in this case.  He tried to join over 180 times and hardly ever loaded?  I don't think so. 

I wonder if the Musashi makes any credits by just loading and never playing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
360
[ARP2]
Members
1,224 posts
3,566 battles

I trust OP sent support a ticket and some screenshots?  Surely, OP didnt just come to the forums to whine? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,619
[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,649 posts
14,025 battles
1 hour ago, Merc85 said:

Geez WG, how can you wait so long before you take action on bots or players who load but never play.  This Musashi was in my match today.  Obviously he just loads and does nothing.  I would think after 50 or 100 matches your system would be able to scan for "players" like this.  But he is still here after almost 200 battles. 

P.S. It does show you can win over 30% of the time without doing anything.

  Hide contents

image.thumb.png.f26d4f5ab3e34466868e60aaede242ce.png

 

That guy is a game winner for sure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
[FOG]
Members
280 posts
4,584 battles

I just have to wonder, seriously, if this potato actually has a better win rate than some "active" players....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
170
[OSG]
Beta Testers
1,350 posts
14,784 battles
39 minutes ago, Hatework said:

I trust OP sent support a ticket and some screenshots?  Surely, OP didnt just come to the forums to whine? 

What else are the forums for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,764
Members
9,868 posts
48 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

I just have to wonder, seriously, if this potato actually has a better win rate than some "active" players....

You almost have to actively try to get below 40%, serial TKer's are generally the 30% players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
62
[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
293 posts
4,955 battles
1 hour ago, Merc85 said:

I agree with you....but how could that be the problem in this case.  He tried to join over 180 times and hardly ever loaded?  I don't think so. 

I wonder if the Musashi makes any credits by just loading and never playing?

Given the stats I would totally agree this is not the problem it’s pretty clear this dude is total potato or just clicks battle and bails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
234
[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,043 posts
8,052 battles

If he was doing nothing, absolutely nothing, wouldn't that mean he's afk? and if he's always afk, why is he still in random matches and not orange and forced to play CO-OP only?

Clearly he's not doing much, but maybe to him/her that's enough. who knows. maybe ask him when you see him. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
461
[LOU1]
Members
2,890 posts
8,004 battles

I remember a thread where a player described his physical issues and apologized for his consistently poor play.  I can understand some players feeling that a person should not attempt to participate in an activity that they are physically incapable of succeeding in.  On the other hand, I think they have a right to have some fun.  Other threads have talked about six-year-olds driving Daddy's (or Mommy's) boat.  No idea what the player(s) in question are up to, but when I run into them (or occasionally end up being one), I just move on to the next battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
247
[PLPT]
Members
589 posts
6,528 battles
2 hours ago, Hatework said:

I trust OP sent support a ticket and some screenshots?  Surely, OP didnt just come to the forums to whine? 

Is it our job to police the game?

OP is clearly calling for WG to be able to detect such simple bots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
360
[ARP2]
Members
1,224 posts
3,566 battles
10 minutes ago, n00bot said:

Is it our job to police the game?

OP is clearly calling for WG to be able to detect such simple bots. 

So, its better to whine and do nothing?  These types of "players" are why the reporting system exists.  If you really gave a damn, assisting in weeding out undesirables would be something you would want to help do. 

If you need to vent, fine.  if youre just going to whine and do nothing, youre as useless as those you cry about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
724
[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
3 hours ago, Merc85 said:

Geez WG, how can you wait so long before you take action on bots or players who load but never play.  This Musashi was in my match today.  Obviously he just loads and does nothing.  I would think after 50 or 100 matches your system would be able to scan for "players" like this.  But he is still here after almost 200 battles. 

P.S. It does show you can win over 30% of the time without doing anything.

  Hide contents

image.thumb.png.f26d4f5ab3e34466868e60aaede242ce.png

 

Thank you for blanking my name out at least...

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
112
[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
615 posts
7,709 battles
28 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

Thank you for blanking my name out at least...

least you were nice enough to keep the secondaries on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,489
[PSP]
Members
6,042 posts
8,585 battles
58 minutes ago, Optio_Praetorii said:

least you were nice enough to keep the secondaries on

I was once in a game with the old tier VI Cleveland and was in the process of dodging torps when my power went out. After about five minutes the power came back on and I booted up the computer and rejoined the game. I figured that I'd find a dead ship but, to my amazement, I was stuck on a rock still alive. What was even more amazing was that I now had a couple-dozen plane kills and a Close Quarters ship kill too. It seems that my ship played better without me than with me at the helm. 

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×