Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BarronRichthofen

Gun Bloom On Gaede/Z-23

9 comments in this topic

[DRHS]
Members
252 posts

So I made a Point of this in another thread and another player suggested I make a post on this here. On the Ernst Gaede and the Z-23 you have the Option of 128mm or 150 MM guns. But the Gun bloom after firing when in smoke is the same with either guns. On the Leberecht Mass that mount's the L/45 LC/34 128mm gun the bloom is only 2.9 KM. But the same gun on the Gaede or Z-23 the Bloom is 3.2 or 3.4 km respectively. If mounting the L/48 Tbts LC/36 150mm on the Gaed or Z-23 you have the exact same firing Bloom as the 128mm L/45 LC/34.

So is it supposed to be this way? Are the 128mm's supposed to have the same firing bloom as the 150mm's ?

If not it needs to be fixed. IMO it should not be the same. In fact the 3.2 KM bloom on the Gade and 3.4 KM bloom on the Z-23 should be the same for the 150mm's not the .2 km difference there is. The 128mm's should have a smaller firing bloom than the 150's. It should be in line with the Mass around 2.9km when mounting the 128mm's and either the 3.2 or 3.4 km for the 150;s. The different bloom distance for the same gun is off IMO as well.

[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles

I think its tied to the ship now rather than the guns like it used to be, so its an unfortunate side effect of having the option of bigger guns.  I don't remember for sure, but I believe its the same with mogami as well.

[DRHS]
Members
252 posts

I Own a Mogami and it's the same for them. 6.8 km bloom in smoke for either gun. But That's a non smoke CA vs DD's, where the gun bloom can be a bigger factor when firing from smoke.

[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles

Yeah but my point is that changing guns does not change the smoke detection so the gaede and z23 probably got a higher one for the ship since they can equip bigger guns.  I agree its annoying, but its the way it coded at the moment.

[DRHS]
Members
252 posts

Yeah you are right but IMO the gun bloom should be tied to the Gun not the ship.  For the Gaede and Z-23 it is annoying as hell. More so for the Gaede consider the lower amount of radar it faces.  It rarely matters for the Z-23 Most mount the 150's anyways. In the Gaede though I switch them up some times for the ROF of the 128's. Often the higher bloom does not matter but sometimes it can be the death of the Gaede. At least my T-61 gives me a low bloom high ROF T6 German DD.

[DRHS]
Members
252 posts

Just Checked my T-61 which has the L/45 LC/34 128mm guns it's bloom in smoke is only 2.6km. .3 km less than the Mass at 2.9km. So fully tied to the Ship vs the gun. Still does not change the fact that IMO it should be tied to the Gun.

[TBW]
Members
6,293 posts
11,849 battles

They may just be bigger ships. Taller.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
1,766 posts
17,303 battles
3 hours ago, BarronRichthofen said:

Just Checked my T-61 which has the L/45 LC/34 128mm guns it's bloom in smoke is only 2.6km. .3 km less than the Mass at 2.9km. So fully tied to the Ship vs the gun. Still does not change the fact that IMO it should be tied to the Gun.

That would be a problem for the brit CL line as they all use the exact same caliber guns from T2-T10.

[DRHS]
Members
252 posts
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

That would be a problem for the brit CL line as they all use the exact same caliber guns from T2-T10.

I can see that in their case.

Sign in to follow this