Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crzyhawk

5 radars vs none...in a t7 game.

32 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

4,027
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,050 posts
11,553 battles

It ended about how you'd expect.  Our team had zero spotting, cruisers couldn't move up at all because they were perma-spotted by their DDs who could spot.  Good times.  Can't even fault the DDs really.

shot-18.09.01_13.27.58-0951.jpg

  • Cool 8
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
523
[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
1,828 posts
10,762 battles

"Just work around the radars. Stop complaining!"

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,027
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,050 posts
11,553 battles

I've just never seen that many radars in a t7 game before, all stacked on the same side.

Edited by crzyhawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
112
[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
615 posts
7,709 battles

Wow, and not even in a division.  I could see if you had a div of 3 and just happened to have 2 other cruisers pop on that side but five.  I guess that's MM's counter to a team with 2 Helenas, a Fiji, a Boise and 2 Scharnhorsts - give the others radar lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
428
[-BRS-]
Members
1,613 posts
13,263 battles

WG's policy states radar not balance per side does not affect the battle outcome:Smile_sceptic:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
845
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,386 posts
7,979 battles

Nah, having 5 ships that can see through solid rock in a position of absolute safety with he other team having to spot while in the open is TOTALLY balanced. Like the Eagles vs Greg from accounting in the Superbowl. 

 

It's one thing when the Radar ships are out in the open enough to hit, but that MM is just dumb. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,629
[SALVO]
Members
16,745 posts
17,328 battles
15 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

This could be an anomaly.

Oh, I'm sure that it is an anomaly.  But that doesn't make the players on the non-radar team feel any better about this battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
832
[SBS]
Members
2,420 posts
2,253 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

It ended about how you'd expect.  Our team had zero spotting, cruisers couldn't move up at all because they were perma-spotted by their DDs who could spot.

WG has confirmed radar imbalance doesn't effect wining.  It was just coin toss luck that you guys lost. :Smile_sceptic:

Just now, Flashtirade said:

"Please make T7 ranked again"

I bet people would gladly take T7 ranked over the T10 doldrum.  I'm fine with T7, I'm even fine with WG selling the Belfast again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,027
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,050 posts
11,553 battles
2 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

WG has confirmed radar imbalance doesn't effect wining.  It was just coin toss luck that you guys lost. :Smile_sceptic:

I bet people would gladly take T7 ranked over the T10 doldrum.  I'm fine with T7, I'm even fine with WG selling the Belfast again.

Belfast is a pain, but it's not the unbeatable monster some folks like to make it out to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
110
[WOLF8]
Beta Testers
491 posts
4,275 battles
1 hour ago, chewonit said:

"Just work around the radars. Stop complaining!"

Typical response... please explain how one "works around" a radar?

The enemy team can deny areas of the map while his team could not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
62
[STW-N]
Members
219 posts
7,619 battles
9 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

WG has confirmed radar imbalance doesn't effect wining.  It was just coin toss luck that you guys lost. :Smile_sceptic:

I bet people would gladly take T7 ranked over the T10 doldrum.  I'm fine with T7, I'm even fine with WG selling the Belfast again.

That's the thing, they won't. They allow mode like ranked with some players access to overperforming boats like Belfast and others will not have access to it. I know I'm behind the curve on this, but I've started to think this game is a success despite itself. We could have ranked be all T1. Everyone running a Black Swan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
274
[NGA-B]
Members
1,229 posts
7,669 battles
10 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Belfast is a pain, but it's not the unbeatable monster some folks like to make it out to be.

Agreed. Belfast is at it's toughest when in a division that compliments its strength and curtails its weakness. Something that's easy to forget is that it lacks the torpedoes of all other Brit CLs. I once bum-rushed a pair of Belfasts in my Arizona, took one out with a beautiful volley from my forward guns, swung my [edited]around and put the other on 5k health. And that's another thing that helps limit Belfast's ability is that it doesn't have a heal like other Brit CLs. She can be useful in holding the line and God help the DD that is caught without an ally, but she requires at least a decent level of support in order to be truly effective. I've also found her to be decently poppable from the air. My Saipan has a number of Belfast kills to its name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,978
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,746 posts
7,373 battles
20 minutes ago, Madman7 said:

Typical response... please explain how one "works around" a radar?

The enemy team can deny areas of the map while his team could not. 

He was being sarcastic, man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,236
[RKLES]
Members
7,131 posts
8,768 battles
1 hour ago, chewonit said:

"Just work around the radars. Stop complaining!"

Yeah I have lovely work around for Radar cruisers, take aim with BB guns, fire your AP shells through the Citadels of Cruiser, repeat as often as needed until the radar problem in that battle has been resolved...

And Radar cruisers in tier 7 have such delightfully thin armor on them... :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,027
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,050 posts
11,553 battles
12 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Agreed. Belfast is at it's toughest when in a division that compliments its strength and curtails its weakness. Something that's easy to forget is that it lacks the torpedoes of all other Brit CLs. I once bum-rushed a pair of Belfasts in my Arizona, took one out with a beautiful volley from my forward guns, swung my [edited]around and put the other on 5k health. And that's another thing that helps limit Belfast's ability is that it doesn't have a heal like other Brit CLs. She can be useful in holding the line and God help the DD that is caught without an ally, but she requires at least a decent level of support in order to be truly effective. I've also found her to be decently poppable from the air. My Saipan has a number of Belfast kills to its name.

The real problem with Belfast is battleship players struggle to just delete it out of hand.  BB players don't like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
4 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

The real problem with Belfast is battleship players struggle to just delete it out of hand.  BB players don't like that.

No, the real problem with Belfast is her HE DPM with IFHE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,027
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,050 posts
11,553 battles

no, it's really not.  of all the things you can accuse Belfast of, that's the least important

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,871
[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,789 posts
12,943 battles

Key mitigating factor...STANDARD BATTLE.

Without caps to contest....lot's of strategic and tactical options for the team. 

Too many times I see DDs charge into the fray when there is no need, only to get radar'd and focused.

Edited by Soshi_Sone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,027
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,050 posts
11,553 battles

This game actually was a standard battle.  Their DD's out spotted ours and we all got focused one by one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
262
Members
1,587 posts
4,356 battles
2 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

It ended about how you'd expect.  Our team had zero spotting, cruisers couldn't move up at all because they were perma-spotted by their DDs who could spot.  Good times.  Can't even fault the DDs really.

Working as intended.  Also, we both have to drink now...those are the rules.  

Point of order!  Charge your glasses!  To Radar! (especially the P2W variety).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
30 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

no, it's really not.  of all the things you can accuse Belfast of, that's the least important

It's still disgustingly strong, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,027
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,050 posts
11,553 battles

Yes, but the radar, hydro smoke and concealment make a bigger impact than IFHE spam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51
[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
318 posts
4,601 battles
1 hour ago, silverdahc said:

WG's policy states radar not balance per side does not affect the battle outcome:Smile_sceptic:

Whereas not having equivalent scouts per side does show an imbalance.

Whelp. It's my contention that radar is used to push destroyers back and it does make a strategic difference if one team can't do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×