You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Finally a t9 cruiser that is great

10 comments in this topic

[1NJS]
Members
420 posts

I have played for about 2 years. Most of that time with a laptop that could barly run the game. A good night was 20 FPS. I would be firing at stuff that was no longer there.  Now I have a new comp and everything runs perfict and looks great.

Because of that I had 5 krakens in that 2 year time. I got the Donskio and I had 5 krakens in one night!

I have played all t9 except IJN and struggled in all of them but Donskio is a t9 worthy of being there. The guns, torps, and armor are 1st rate.

Everyone has always said its the captain and not the ship but I am questioning that now. 

What was your experance of t9?

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,259 posts
3,836 battles

Donskoi is a great cruiser so long as you aren't the center of attention. The best kiter, and late game flexer. Its awesome fun to div with an Iowa/Missouri and blitz all over the map causing havoc wherever you go. 

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,493 battles

roon is great after HE pen buff

neptune is good to begin with

rest are meh

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,913 battles

i didn't play much my donskoi,but as long the ship is not being targeted she is fine.

Members
3,621 posts
13,402 battles
9 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

i didn't play much my donskoi,but as long the ship is not being targeted she is fine.

Hell, that pretty much applies to ALL botes! :Smile_Default:

• Funny 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,366 posts
7,938 battles

So far I only have 2 T9 cruisers - Neptune and Buffalo. I think the last time I played Neptune was before smoke changes, not because I don't like it and all, just been a long time and have had other missions/priorities take over. Buffalo I only bought it the other day. First few matches, mostly cause of teams, were a struggle. But, turns out sh's exactly like Baltimore - found myself at a point of "**** it" and charged a Republique that aside from a couple over pens to the super structure, and an AP round from a ship half a map away to the citadel, couldn't punch through the angled bow armour. And as he got more desperate gave me enough broadside to ram AP into his sides. I know these are "cruisers" but that and Balti have let me play like a BB when needed (aka, almost every match when my team wants to just run and hide) and since everything I found historically says that Alaska was basically upsized Balti - I can not wait for that ship. If it tanks rounds even half as well I'mma love that ship. 

Beyond that Halfway to Roon, still struggling through La Gal though it's been a little better after they added MBRB, Still have to get through tier 7 RU cruiser, and well, I started to struggle with Aoba. 

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
3,310 posts
11,408 battles
21 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

So far I only have 2 T9 cruisers - Neptune and Buffalo. I think the last time I played Neptune was before smoke changes, not because I don't like it and all, just been a long time and have had other missions/priorities take over. Buffalo I only bought it the other day. First few matches, mostly cause of teams, were a struggle. But, turns out sh's exactly like Baltimore - found myself at a point of "**** it" and charged a Republique that aside from a couple over pens to the super structure, and an AP round from a ship half a map away to the citadel, couldn't punch through the angled bow armour. And as he got more desperate gave me enough broadside to ram AP into his sides. I know these are "cruisers" but that and Balti have let me play like a BB when needed (aka, almost every match when my team wants to just run and hide) and since everything I found historically says that Alaska was basically upsized Balti - I can not wait for that ship. If it tanks rounds even half as well I'mma love that ship. 

Beyond that Halfway to Roon, still struggling through La Gal though it's been a little better after they added MBRB, Still have to get through tier 7 RU cruiser, and well, I started to struggle with Aoba. 

Buffalo is stronger than Baltimore. 

The prize at the end is worth it.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
1,991 posts
18,368 battles
2 hours ago, jags_domain said:

I have played for about 2 years. Most of that time with a laptop that could barly run the game. A good night was 20 FPS. I would be firing at stuff that was no longer there.  Now I have a new comp and everything runs perfict and looks great.

Because of that I had 5 krakens in that 2 year time. I got the Donskio and I had 5 krakens in one night!

I have played all t9 except IJN and struggled in all of them but Donskio is a t9 worthy of being there. The guns, torps, and armor are 1st rate.

Everyone has always said its the captain and not the ship but I am questioning that now. 

What was your experance of t9?

My first 10 battles I only got 1 Kraken in Donskoi but I had 5 Whitherers :)

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
615 posts
7,709 battles

I agree that the Roon is also an excellent ship, haven't played mine but did well enough in it.  Buffalo I need to do better with damage and wins, XP is alright but need to get better with it.