Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belyy_Klyk

Ranked Team Shuffle

13 comments in this topic

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,941 battles

For those who don’t read the whole post: RANKED ONLY.

I understand entirely that WG doesn’t want to implement anything that takes MM longer because adding time to queue is bad. I might not agree with it but I understand. If it is the same thing for ranked, I get that too. I think in competitive there should be a longer queue time but if they don’t want it I understand. 

Can we PLEASE have some sort of post MM team shuffle though? In ranked to balance them a little more evenly. I mean I don’t get how a Moskva is a balanced setup with 2 Worcester’s, Minotaur, DM, and YY with radar. That was one game, annoying but no big deal. The very next game: 3 Shima’s and a Grozovoi vs a Harugumo, Grozovoi, Gearing, Z-52. I logged off after that. 

Surely some addition where before a game starts it looks at consumables and the same ship and splits them up (only in ranked) would be easy enough to add and would add seconds to the wait time. I know it would make me a lot more happier. 

Edited by Belyy_Klyk

[BIAS]
Members
2,991 posts
8,952 battles

THey have said they have more than enough calculations for MM to go through. IT still has to have divisions allocated and if a division brings triple shima, nothing it would do there anyways.

your moskva example is rubbish as you only list the moskva, we have no idea the other ships on your team.

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,941 battles
8 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

THey have said they have more than enough calculations for MM to go through. IT still has to have divisions allocated and if a division brings triple shima, nothing it would do there anyways.

your moskva example is rubbish as you only list the moskva, we have no idea the other ships on your team.

RANKED only. 7 ships. No other radar ships... also there are no divisions.

Edited by Belyy_Klyk

Beta Testers
87 posts
3,879 battles

They could just distribute the radar ships evenly and try to send ships of the same type to different teams instead of having them all lumped into one

Edited by Famous_and_Historical

[BIAS]
Members
2,991 posts
8,952 battles
1 minute ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

RANKED only. 7 ships. No other radar ships...

my bad, ranked was only in the title, so forgot that that's what you were talking about by the time I got to the end of it

FWIW, games where I remember seeing huge radar disparity against me (like 3-0), I have seen my team win as often as not. Gotta play around it. It happens. If you are good enough, you'll adapt

Beta Testers
87 posts
3,879 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

my bad, ranked was only in the title, so forgot that that's what you were talking about by the time I got to the end of it

FWIW, games where I remember seeing huge radar disparity against me (like 3-0), I have seen my team win as often as not. Gotta play around it. It happens. If you are good enough, you'll adapt

I'd like to see statistics about this. Giving an example and saying git gud doesn't resolve the potential issue

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,941 battles

To me, the issue is more of if you’re going to have a competitive mode where everyone is required to have random teammates, it should try to make teams as evenly as possible. Sure find the first 14 players but if there are 5 radars make it 3v2, if there are 4 Shima’s make it 2v2. It would add very little and make it feel more balanaced. 

Yes I have been on winning teams with no radar but it is playing against the curve. 

[HYDRO]
Members
1,274 posts
3,653 battles

Distribution of radar doesn't guarantee wins. However, in the opening minutes of a game, when everybody is scrambling to the caps, it gives an advantage to the team with more. 

You can play around it, but you start with a handicap as far as early game is concerned.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,249 battles
10 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Distribution of radar doesn't guarantee wins. However, in the opening minutes of a game, when everybody is scrambling to the caps, it gives an advantage to the team with more. 

You can play around it, but you start with a handicap as far as early game is concerned.

I don't think that it's about which team has "more" radars.  The problem is more whether there's a wide difference in radar.  Having a 3v2 radar differential isn't that big a deal.  Having a 3v0 or 4v1 differential is another thing entirely, because you'll get DD players who become afraid to do anything.  And it's hard to blame them. It's particularly bad if the radar ships in question are Worcesters or Radar Minotaurs, because they have the ability to stealth radar (i.e. have enough radar range to radar-spot the enemy without being spotted themselves).

And if a team's DDs are afraid to move forward, the team is probably doomed to lose.

[TOG]
Members
2,340 posts
14,499 battles

I just had a match where it was 2 BB's 4 Ca's and 1 dd per side. The DD's were khabs. Red tm had 1 Moskva and 3 DM's. We had 2 Zao's and 2 Hindy's. Map was mountain Range. We spawned. on the south side. We realized at the start fighting at C was a losing proposition so we went B then A The Ca's went A while the BB's and Khab defended B. We had pretty good team work since we killed the Moskva first then the rest of the red tm. Ca's concentrated on the BB's at A while the BB's went after the CA's at C. No one on our tm was sunk. We turned their advantage (radar coverage at C) into a weakness (stationary targets).

I'm sure it depends on the map and spawn point, but having no radar ships is not crippling as long as you don't fight on their terms.

[TMS]
Members
1,601 posts
21,575 battles

The fact the inbance in radar can be overcome does not mean it's not a problem because most of the time it is not overcome.

Most of the time the team with the most radar win.

Edited by Final8ty

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,941 battles
19 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

I'm sure it depends on the map and spawn point, but having no radar ships is not crippling as long as you don't fight on their terms.

I am not saying it cannot be won, I am saying the imbalance makes it so that one team has a clear cut advantage. Having Khaba’s as the only DD’s means Radar is almost useless though. 

Sign in to follow this