Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
steelhealer

Zao, enhanced preventive maintenance vs PT

8 comments in this topic

[RE]
[RE]
Members
57 posts
8,769 battles

Thanks. Probably minor question. Would you stay with priority target or switch to enhanced preventive maintenance at captain skill level 19? Thanks. SH

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,376 posts
7,971 battles

I don't personally have Zao at this point - but in general I always take PM over PT. Better to keep your weapons and engines from being knocked out a bit more, as any time your spotted, it's pretty much safe to assume every gun that can is focused on you. 

[-AA-]
Members
1,728 posts
6,657 battles
22 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

I don't personally have Zao at this point - but in general I always take PM over PT. Better to keep your weapons and engines from being knocked out a bit more, as any time your spotted, it's pretty much safe to assume every gun that can is focused on you. 

If you are only hugging islands you dont really need it. But for more effective play it is easy to have PT, so that you know who is aiming for you. That way you can make certain moves. 
By using PT you also know what undetected ships are aiming at you. This way you might think twice before turning broadside in front of an undetected Montana who is waiting for that sweet turn.

[CK5]
Members
781 posts
6,237 battles

PT is information and you can never have too much information in a match.  I understand the argument that players should assume they are being targeted if detected, however, knowing you are detected and not targeted is useful and can help make better decisions (read:  informed decisions).   

[ARP2]
Members
1,224 posts
3,566 battles

Incoming fire alert AND preventative maintenance.   Those are my tier 1 IJN CA skills.

Given the ranges most folks play Zao at, you have ample time to maneuver if IFA triggers.  I dont really care how many people are looking at my bote, i only care if they start trying to mar the paint.  Also, IFA triggers at less than 6 km for most shells, so dont listen to the folks that think it only goes off at long range.  Given Zaos maneuverability, she can make great use of it at all ranges. 

[RNG]
Members
51 posts
6,469 battles

I vote PT.  When there are only 7 people in ranked and CBs then knowing which or how many people are aiming at you is just too important.  You could get away with PM in randoms though.  

Sign in to follow this