You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mustangman6579

Learned something about ranked today.

15 comments in this topic

[5D3]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,148 posts
4,184 battles

When you lose from 1 star away from rank 7, and go all the way into 0 stars in rank 9, the game just quits taking away stars. 

SO many potatos on tonight I couldn't believe it. How so many window lickers got into R10+ already I'll never know. Had a 8 in a row loss streak, and only won 3 out of 13 games.

Members
1,238 posts
8,912 battles
28 minutes ago, mustangman6579 said:

When you lose from 1 star away from rank 7, and go all the way into 0 stars in rank 9, the game just quits taking away stars. 

SO many potatos on tonight I couldn't believe it. How so many window lickers got into R10+ already I'll never know. Had a 8 in a row loss streak, and only won 3 out of 13 games.

Yah but I think "window lickers" is really played....I'd go with "motard"

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,376 battles

@mustangman6579 What I have learned is that ranked is full of Sorry Sacks of Bovine waste in BBs and CAs that say DD cap this Cap that we will back you up and then turn and run as fast and as far as they can at the first sight of an enemy ship! I have seen this in almost every match from both teams while the battle chat rages!

Sorry razzle fraggits numb nads!

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,306 posts
3,609 battles
2 hours ago, commodore_torakula said:

Yah but I think "window lickers" is really played....I'd go with "motard"

How sad.

licker.gif.c216349022a348f2c5a2f10124364d30.gif

[WOLF5]
Members
256 posts
59 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@mustangman6579 What I have learned is that ranked is full of Sorry Sacks of Bovine waste in BBs and CAs that say DD cap this Cap that we will back you up and then turn and run as fast and as far as they can at the first sight of an enemy ship! I have seen this in almost every match from both teams while the battle chat rages!

Sorry razzle fraggits numb nads!

..well we have a great numbers of useless dds too.....,,sitting in smoke,farming damage,not spotting-scouting at all....many of those around. Or the other way too,,dds who just cap,,but no spotting,and not trying to counter flanking red dds at all....Many times teams lost,while holding all caps ,but out spotted and eventually out gunned and destroyed all.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,499 battles
3 hours ago, mustangman6579 said:

Welcome to the world of Rank ... you should and I say should have stopped at 3 losses in a row if the big focus is rank 1,or you have the bejubees to grind through it .. cause the odds are your algorithm sucks and it ain’t going to get any better any time soon

Rank to me is like Clan battles but with no voice Chat and the players often Lack the resolve and discipline  to back up there DDs and leave the battle instead of backing  them up in Cap and holding ... Caps do matter Big time here 

I stopped yesterday also but with 3 wins , that was enough for me ..fun time though

Rank 1 for me , maybe , maybe not , just having fun bouncing around 10 at the moment in my Yeuyang 

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,376 battles

@VonSmallHausenn I can not disagree with your point. I state what I witnessed in several losing matches where I in the lone DD or with another in play did exactly what was required only to find we had been abandoned by our team and that their actions set the team up for piece meal eradication. 

I am now engaged in the Supply Line Competition and in all 3 tier 10 battles so far the team I was on lost due to the cowardly turning away of most of the team. It is disgusting!

[WOLF6]
Members
1,769 posts
4,798 battles

I know ranked is supposed to be challenging, but with no irrevocable ranks after 12...forget it. Unless you can consistently carry 6 others on your back, it just takes too long. I have premium cammo on the T10's I use, but for many it's just a drain. I would love to gather more steel as I'd really like to get the Black some day, but I have a life.

I stopped at 10. 

• Cool 2

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,686 posts
3,459 battles

Ranked isn't about team work, it's designed as a free for all. Save a star is the only way to progress.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,499 battles
50 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@VonSmallHausenn I can not disagree with your point. I state what I witnessed in several losing matches where I in the lone DD or with another in play did exactly what was required only to find we had been abandoned by our team and that their actions set the team up for piece meal eradication. 

I am now engaged in the Supply Line Competition and in all 3 tier 10 battles so far the team I was on lost due to the cowardly turning away of most of the team. It is disgusting!

I was just in a battle in my Yeuyang were I asked for support while heading to cap. got a yes a Cruiser and 2 BBS followed..in I went got into a knife fight with an enemy DD and luckily my buddy Cruiser who was in a position to return fire took the heat off me, I got obliterated shortly there after by a Cruiser and 2 BBS our BBS we’re out of sight hiding behind an Island,now in spectator mode I noticed they were also in reverse.. I did point this out that BBS they should not be hiding behind an Island as they had a huge HO pool..there response ..what do you want me to do take on 4 ships by myself.. yep he said that

it was 4 against 4 my friend but turned out to be 2 against 4.. in the real world those Captains would be up brought on charges for failure of Duty .. luckily it’s just a game ..a fun game .. on to the next Battle!!

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,306 posts
3,609 battles
37 minutes ago, commodore_torakula said:

you got me.... ...is that a dog or a fox?

It be's a fox. Couldn't find one with a wolf.

[5D3]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,148 posts
4,184 battles

For instance, there is a certain clan that should NOT be in ranked at all. How they are in t10 ranked battles already I will never know. I can't say their name for obvious reasons, but they most play BBs. They will not support anyone on their team, and are normally found hiding behind mountains. I swear these guys are just trolls and are playing to lose. Doing just enough damage to not get in trouble for throwing. 

[WOLFB]
Members
1,645 posts
8,014 battles

Play ranked with WG system is more about luck and ship used.

If you're lucky you'll get a good team, hell you can even be carried.

If you're unlucky, you'll get a garbage team and the best you can do is farm enough damage and cap point to save your star.