Sign in to follow this  
slaychild

FRAUD!!!! WARGAMING!!

14 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
4 posts
648 battles

So check this out!  I purchased about $205 in Doubloons and other stuff and the the next morning I grab my phone and check my bank account.  I see over $200 in charges from Netflix and PayPal on my account that are not mine.  So I call my bank asap!!  They then cancel my card, but I tell the guy that only the Netflix and PayPal charges are fraud, but my bank refunds me the charges from Wargaming NA.  So I am like, OS!  WG came back with a ban!  I can understand that, but I called my bank and corrected the situation.  They (the bank) said they would take care of the issue and refund the money back to WG.  So I see the $205 leave my account back to WG NA, good bye money that didn't belong to me anyway!!!!  But I am still band from playing games for more than 4 days.  I filed a ticket, and in return they told me that I am trying to fraud Wargaming!!!!!  NO!  Seriously they told me that I am trying to scam them, because they do not accept money back from the bank after the fact.  So I had to wait for my funds to be available again by my bank.  By then I was already PISSED by the [edited] of the Ticket people!!!  I then asked how I could pay them back, they told me by prepaid cards.  But the cards they showed me were not in the US, so I asked why I cant pay by CC or Debt and they refused that payment also.  I had to buy 3 $20 gamestop pre-paid cards ($60), but after that gamestop froze my card number for fraud, [edited]!!! But I happened to pay back $40, but the last $20 from Gamestop was still in review, until they verified it wasn't fraud, lol screw my life!!  But I figured that maybe if I purchase Doubloons for the same amount owned than I was good, right?  They didnt explain that to me.  Sooo I tried and then I see I cant use my DC or CC, but they accept CVS Prepaid cards, so I run to CVS and purchase $165 on a card.  So I buy a $99 in Doubloons and $58 and other crap.  So that is $ 218, but minus $20 that was still in review for fraud.  They respond back that I still need to pay $2.17 to be allowed to play, are you [edited]kidding me!!!!??  Ok, once that $20 clears, then you owe me that money back with interest [edited].  I have been playing this game from the beginning and should be shown respects, [edited]

• Bad 1

[WORX]
Members
1,642 posts
12,695 battles

Usually I would make a commentary on how his actions made the situation worse then it really needed to be. But, its against forum rules just like the OP's post, so 

INB4LOCK!

[LOU1]
Members
2,871 posts
7,996 battles

You sure went through some stuff and i would be pretty ticked off, too.  Unfortunately, to the financial world it looks just like the scams people keep trying to pull.  In fact, that is just like one of the standard scams. Add in international transactions and it is even worse.  You might try PMing a forum mod and (calmly) explaining the situation so that they can look into it.

• Cool 1

[JFSOC]
Members
909 posts
2,611 battles

While I play for free entirely, my recommendation to you is that in the future you make those transactions on a pre-paid credit card only.  That way you can avoid any fraudulent transactions because they will instantly be denied because there's no money on the card.  You want to spend $205 on WoW stuff?  Wonderful!  Put $205 on your card and spend it.  The hackers and fraudsters can't get $h!+ because your card is at zero balance.

Live and learn I suppose.  That's how I do online transactions.  I assume the worst regardless of who I'm dealing with.  That way I'm never disappointed and they can't hack my bank account.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[WORX]
Members
1,642 posts
12,695 battles
3 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

You might try PMing a forum mod and (calmly) explaining the situation so that they can look into it.

As much as I like to agree with you I think he is done :). But let give it a try.... @Gneisenau013 If your not in your weekend mode, can you kindly help the OP poster... Big ty...

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,452 battles

:cap_horn:

should just keep it at support ticket level, do not need to drag it here

• Bad 1

[ARP2]
Members
1,224 posts
3,566 battles

Three easy steps to spot a useful and constructive post:

1. Caps lock?  check.

2. Lots of exclamation points? check.

3. Wall o'text? check.

Soon to be locked? check.

• Funny 1

[LOU1]
Members
2,871 posts
7,996 battles

It will also probably require the "day" staff at WG.  I have noted that the weekend/overnight staff can only do so much.

Community Department
2,018 posts
500 battles
On 01.09.2018 at 9:32 AM, slaychild said:

So check this out!  I purchased about $205 in Doubloons and other stuff and the the next morning I grab my phone and check my bank account.  I see over $200 in charges from Netflix and PayPal on my account that are not mine.  So I call my bank asap!!  They then cancel my card, but I tell the guy that only the Netflix and PayPal charges are fraud, but my bank refunds me the charges from Wargaming NA.  So I am like, OS!  WG came back with a ban!  I can understand that, but I called my bank and corrected the situation.  They (the bank) said they would take care of the issue and refund the money back to WG.  So I see the $205 leave my account back to WG NA, good bye money that didn't belong to me anyway!!!!  But I am still band from playing games for more than 4 days.  I filed a ticket, and in return they told me that I am trying to fraud Wargaming!!!!!  NO!  Seriously they told me that I am trying to scam them, because they do not accept money back from the bank after the fact.  So I had to wait for my funds to be available again by my bank.  By then I was already PISSED by the [edited] of the Ticket people!!!  I then asked how I could pay them back, they told me by prepaid cards.  But the cards they showed me were not in the US, so I asked why I cant pay by CC or Debt and they refused that payment also.  I had to buy 3 $20 gamestop pre-paid cards ($60), but after that gamestop froze my card number for fraud, [edited]!!! But I happened to pay back $40, but the last $20 from Gamestop was still in review, until they verified it wasn't fraud, lol screw my life!!  But I figured that maybe if I purchase Doubloons for the same amount owned than I was good, right?  They didnt explain that to me.  Sooo I tried and then I see I cant use my DC or CC, but they accept CVS Prepaid cards, so I run to CVS and purchase $165 on a card.  So I buy a $99 in Doubloons and $58 and other crap.  So that is $ 218, but minus $20 that was still in review for fraud.  They respond back that I still need to pay $2.17 to be allowed to play, are you [edited]kidding me!!!!??  Ok, once that $20 clears, then you owe me that money back with interest [edited].  I have been playing this game from the beginning and should be shown respects, [edited]

Sorry for your situation. If the payment is revoked we don't see who did it. This is the usual procedure to ban such accounts untill the spent sum of money would be enrolled back. 
The only right way here is to contact support and not to spend game currency if you don't know from whom you recieved it or there is a risk of revoke.
Locking.