You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HowitzerBlitzer

What time of day and week has the best players?

47 comments in this topic

Members
1,912 posts
2,492 battles

Too many 40%ers out on this Friday night and baddies from WoT, doubt it'll get better over the weekend.

Anyone know the better times to play?

• Boring 1

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,240 posts
3,082 battles

The best times to have played are two years ago, and maybe about three years from now. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Members
1,912 posts
2,492 battles
11 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

The best times to have played are two years ago, and maybe about three years from now. 

Alright, guess I won't log into the game for a few more years.
Might get a tier 8 premium by then.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,790 posts
13,614 battles

ii7D27F.gif

Expect teams to suck and you'll never be disappointed. 

:cap_cool:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles

If it helps, this happens EVERY weekend, not just this one.

[RKLES]
Members
7,106 posts
8,758 battles
2 hours ago, HowitzerBlitzer said:

Too many 40%ers out on this Friday night and baddies from WoT, doubt it'll get better over the weekend.

Best time to play are when kids are at school, when they are off school and awake then WOWs becomes a mess.

[LOU1]
Members
2,890 posts
8,004 battles

Last thread on this (yesterday?) got closed due to forum violations.  Wasn't it answered in that one and will this one will survive?

• Cool 1

Members
3,643 posts
13,502 battles

Last weekend's battles are always better than this weekend's battles.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,240 posts
3,082 battles
30 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Best time to play are when kids are at school, when they are off school and awake then WOWs becomes a mess.

Pretty much this. I'm a student, and can happily attest that my involvement in the game only adds to the determent of my teammates. You'd be far, far better off waiting until such time that I am in class or asleep. Heaven knows my young brain is not yet fit to handle such a complicated and in-depth game like World of Warships. Maybe none of us students are ready for it? Perhaps the game would simply be better off if we all left, putting the game in the hands of the better generations. After all, all those older than I are surely wise, sagacious masters at whatever craft they pick up. I'm sure the same goes for video games. 

• Funny 1

[DENY]
Members
296 posts
4,429 battles

Just find mates to play division so you can do French fries with all the potato

[VW]
Members
1,833 posts
12,289 battles
3 hours ago, HowitzerBlitzer said:

Unless you are one of them why do you care? Its more xp for you to farm.

• Cool 1

Members
1,912 posts
2,492 battles
2 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Unless you are one of them why do you care? Its more xp for you to farm.

I need to sustain my recent winrate, it'll go purple up from dark blue if I'm lucky.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,530 posts
3,526 battles

Currently weekday nights past 9pm est, weekends are hardly fun because the amount of bad and salty players that plaque the game

• Cool 1

[H_]
Members
703 posts

Yes.  All of them.  There is no logic to this sometimes....  You look up stats and say "oh my God how did that CPT get such a high W/L?!?!" and you've just come from a complete and absolutely disastrous stomp/loss where the hero CPT was killed "doing something indescribably obtuse?"

Some say "prime times"......and as an observation, without proof, I've had far better matches when the population is asleep in NA??? 

I've had "more fun" with average teams and players so, best for me equates to fun for me.......  Best = fun; and, "fun" just can't be calculated or foretasted....

Edited by Asym_KS

[WORX]
Members
1,648 posts
12,706 battles

During the King Of The Seas Tournament. Trust me you can;t get any better then that... Well sometimes, I have seen blow out and out class match during the tourny but over all I have to say its competitive

[MIA-A]
Members
1,975 posts
6,570 battles

I find mornings like 6-9am EST work pretty well. Much more consistent playerbase at least.

• Cool 2

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,845 posts
6,765 battles

Good players tend to be on pretty consistently.

Real question needs to be "what time has the least number of bad players"

Example, If everyday there's 100 good players on, but on Mondays there's 1000 bad players and Wednesday there's only 500 bad players, Wednesday is the better day to play.  Reason being that you'd be more likely to get teamed with potatoes on Monday than Wednesday.

[BNKR]
Members
649 posts
664 battles

Monday, Wednesday,  and Thursday from 6:22pm to 7:04pm, but only if the moon is waxing Gibbons. Also check the SPCs website for the sounding. If the most unstable parcel has a CAPE over 1200, you're good. That's when all the unicums play.

[WNSTN]
Members
215 posts
10,265 battles
8 hours ago, RivertheRoyal said:

Pretty much this. I'm a student, and can happily attest that my involvement in the game only adds to the determent of my teammates. You'd be far, far better off waiting until such time that I am in class or asleep. Heaven knows my young brain is not yet fit to handle such a complicated and in-depth game like World of Warships. Maybe none of us students are ready for it? Perhaps the game would simply be better off if we all left, putting the game in the hands of the better generations. After all, all those older than I are surely wise, sagacious masters at whatever craft they pick up. I'm sure the same goes for video games. 

Someone who gets it. ^

I am older than you so I am better (sounds like the playground in grade school); which means if this were true I would be better than everyone in this forum.  Ahh i forgot which forum I am in. Where am I?

• Funny 1

[KP]
Members
1,998 posts
18,484 battles

Play RU DD's so you don't have to give a crap about the time of day or day of the week. Also RU DD's don't give a rats anus about how many radars are on the reds.

Members
1,015 posts
12,913 battles
5 hours ago, enderland07 said:

I find mornings like 6-9am EST work pretty well. Much more consistent playerbase at least.

From my personal perspective the mornings have the better games. Not only am I at my best that time of day but I suspect many others are as well. Those end of the day games when I'm tired and strung out from a long day can be a struggle.

Members
1,015 posts
12,913 battles
12 hours ago, RivertheRoyal said:

Well for us old timers that cut our teeth on strategic board games WoWS was easy to pick up. The challenge becomes how to communicate/coordinate strategy with 11 strangers. But each generation has it's own talents. Of course I don't have the hand eye reactions of a 20 something that's been playing video games since they were 5 yo. Stand me up in front of a pinball machine though and I can still teach the young pups something about humiliation at the hands of trained reflexes.

Perhaps this game environment would best function as it does in real life. Have a division or clan led by someone with years of experience in a flag ship while the young with the quicker reflexes do the fighting in the front line ships.

• Bad 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,106 posts
8,758 battles
13 hours ago, RivertheRoyal said:

Lol I think it’s more a problem with elementary school kids online that are clueless on how to play...

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,240 posts
3,082 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol I think it’s more a problem with elementary school kids online that are clueless on how to play...

Have you seen the attention span of elementary schoolers, or even middle schoolers? I can assure you, it'd be very, very rare to find one willing to play World of Warships for more than a few battles. The vast majority of the people we see in our matches are likely in or past highschool.