You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
rutilius83

clan battle stats are out

9 comments in this topic

[TASC]
Members
137 posts
5,622 battles

so i was looking at the clan battle stats and was wondering what it says when 53.1% of the clans can't get out of the squall league. i keep seeing people post about how WR tells how good you are and you need above 50% to even be considered good. then we see that 53% of the clans can't get a positive WR. i'm sure there are lots of reasons why this is. i'm sure people will post about why this is and call me a fool for not knowing and noting how bad my stats are. ( and yes i stink at this game, i know it. on the other hand no boiler i work with has exploded and i have been married for 26 years so i an doing well on the important things. lol ) the top where you could earn the stalingrad only had 5% of the clans in it. i feel this will drive new / average players from the game and it will die. if the top 5% get the best ships to beat on everyone else it will drive people away.  so it is broken, what ideas can we come up with to fix it? let's try to solve this for everyone.   thank you

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[POP]
Members
1,229 posts
8,090 battles

It's not even just that. Can you imagine being a totally new player in this game? 

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Beta Testers
260 posts
1,680 battles

Not everybody can be at the top 5% of the player base. Sounds like you are looking for a participation trophy.

Good for them, they invested time to play, time to learn to improve their gameplay. So someone that plays only Co-op should be able to get a Stalingrad or Flint? Just wow. 

• Bad 1

[MIA-A]
Members
1,994 posts
6,579 battles

What percentage of the content ingame do you think is ok to be not available for all players with money?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,887 battles
1 hour ago, firemedic1428 said:

So someone that plays only Co-op should be able to get a Stalingrad or Flint? Just wow. 

Why not; you'll never see it on the red team as it will only be played in co-op, so why would you care? 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,356 posts
11,507 battles

Our clan had 18 people play in the last season of clan wars.

We got both Alpha and Bravo to the next level above starting league and finished them in 2nd bracket.

No practice.

Just being able to play tactically and out play 52% of the opponents we faced.

Now for next season we will not have any rentals and will have many players experienced in the ships they will be playing.

Looking forward to moving up to next level.

Most of the clans we faced did not understand and embrace TEAM concept.

We also had a few members who struggled with the idea of taking damage to actually win.

The whole clan wars tactics is not practiced in any other game mode.

Sure, trying to do it in ranked is a great idea, but you still find most players balk at the TEAM advantage of working together.

And heaven forbid trying it in randoms. I get comments back like I'm not their mother and a lot less savory responses.

It is a shame that the solo player cannot grasp team work for the win.

All the top 5% train together and perfect their tactics for each map.

Not every player can execute a plan as well as top level players.

Having participated in every season so far, I can truly say that a 40% player can reach top league, he just has to grasp and implement a 60% tactical play style.

• Cool 2

[TASC]
Members
137 posts
5,622 battles

no i don't think every one should get a trophy. but the bell curve is is way off. i'm fine with 5% in the top, i'm concerned with 53% that are in the basement. i would like to see it spread more even, not all at one end. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
On 8/31/2018 at 9:08 PM, rutilius83 said:

so i was looking at the clan battle stats and was wondering what it says when 53.1% of the clans can't get out of the squall league. i keep seeing people post about how WR tells how good you are and you need above 50% to even be considered good. then we see that 53% of the clans can't get a positive WR. i'm sure there are lots of reasons why this is. i'm sure people will post about why this is and call me a fool for not knowing and noting how bad my stats are. ( and yes i stink at this game, i know it. on the other hand no boiler i work with has exploded and i have been married for 26 years so i an doing well on the important things. lol ) the top where you could earn the stalingrad only had 5% of the clans in it. i feel this will drive new / average players from the game and it will die. if the top 5% get the best ships to beat on everyone else it will drive people away.  so it is broken, what ideas can we come up with to fix it? let's try to solve this for everyone.   thank you

Remove Public Stats.... only the individual player can access them.... Close the third Party compilers.

Make the Stats unsharable.... or leave them only to WG developers access.

Make games MM to only allow players with the same number of games.     0 - 500    500- 1000 ect ect ect   Only Operations  or Co-Op have normal MM.

Clans only use actual W/L as a guide to MM

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles
13 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Make games MM to only allow players with the same number of games.     0 - 500    500- 1000 ect ect ect   

then for people that have 10k+ or even 20k+ battles, can we expect average MM que time on the scale of hours?

you know this will just force people to make alt accounts and not really change anything?

On 8/31/2018 at 10:08 PM, rutilius83 said:

so i was looking at the clan battle stats and was wondering what it says when 53.1% of the clans can't get out of the squall league. i keep seeing people post about how WR tells how good you are and you need above 50% to even be considered good. then we see that 53% of the clans can't get a positive WR. i'm sure there are lots of reasons why this is

there's also a group of people that went for just the participation trophy: free captain respec

they get 7 people together once or twice, play one battle, get their free respec, then dont touch clan battle at all afterward

i think this is where the majority of 53% comes from. i bet if WG gives distribution of clans above 10 battles, distribution would be vastly different

(i personally know one clan like this, i'm sure there's more)

On 9/1/2018 at 1:49 AM, dEsTurbed1 said:

All the top 5% train together and perfect their tactics for each map.

Having participated in every season so far, I can truly say that a 40% player can reach top league, he just has to grasp and implement a 60% tactical play style.

meh, my clan has 9 stalingrads atm, we used to practice less than once per week on average, near end of season we stopped practicing, though it did made it extremely difficult for us in the typhoon bracket......

we did 10 "save your league" BO5s this season, failed once, and yes that is 27 typhoon wins i got solely from saving our leagues

having tactical advantage(having one caller that knows how to CW) and spamming enough battles can bring you easily up to storm, but starting typhoon individual aim/dodge skills become more and more important.

it's extremely hard to move up in typhoon regardless of how good tactics is, if your players always lose more HP than enemies when trading HP (eg. 2 zaos slinging HE at each other at 16km, your zao lost 20k while enemy only lost 15k)