You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Shenennigans

Ranked is about unbearable...

9 comments in this topic

[ARRR]
Members
117 posts
2,296 battles

I believe someone posted about losing with the most XP of either team... yeah in ranked it's that much more annoying. The skill is all over the place... I kind of expected this to tone down as I got up in ranks. Nah, irrevocable ranks are the worst idea. This game involved someone pumping 3 salvos of HE into the broadside of a beached Mino. I wanted to cry.

image.thumb.png.3011b4db5870a99e9ce88afe33142d07.png

• Boring 1

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,225 posts
3,082 battles

'Least you kept your star. There's nothing more frustrating than playing the objectives, doing good damage to the ships that matter, only to lose and find out the Conquerer out-farmed you. 

Members
2,380 posts
2,172 battles

If I was on any of your teams, I apologize in advance for my bad play. 

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles

What's even worse is when you are just having bad match where you can't seem to do anything right and you still come in first on the losing team.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,387 battles

Actually Ranked Seasons seems to proliferate the number of Ranked Battle Players who just cant refrain from coming to the forum and whining about how terrible Ranked Battles are and then go right back and force themselves to suffer more and more until they are compelled to come back here and whine even more.

Here's a Clue BBs and CAs quit telling the DDs to cap this cap that spot here spot there We Will Back You Up and then you turn and run at the first sight of an enemy ship. Get over yourselves and get your sorry fantails into Harm's Way and Fight! Bunch of Sorry Sacks of Bovine Waste Matter! 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
1 hour ago, Shenennigans said:

I believe someone posted about losing with the most XP of either team... yeah in ranked it's that much more annoying. The skill is all over the place... I kind of expected this to tone down as I got up in ranks. Nah, irrevocable ranks are the worst idea. This game involved someone pumping 3 salvos of HE into the broadside of a beached Mino. I wanted to cry.

image.thumb.png.3011b4db5870a99e9ce88afe33142d07.png

I disagree about irrevocable ranks being a bad idea.  Then again, I think that the entire ranked ranking/scoring system is bad.  Judging and scoring results strictly on a win or lose basis is, quite frankly, the cause of all these issues.  Ranked desperately needs to be changed to a ranking/scoring model that rewards both winning AND performance, in some way.  A player who has a game like you did above should advance in the rankings, in spite of losing.  And visa-versa, if there had been a player on the winning team who scored very poorly, despite being on the winning team, that player should NOT be allowed to advance.

I think that I could come up with a few ideas for systems that would work better than the current rank/scoring system, where the net result would cause better players to advance and worse players not to be carried upwards.

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles

Well, ranked season is over for me. My goal is to reach level 10 and get the -10% cost-reduction flag. I've done this for the seasons I've played but the last one. I didn't have the time then to devote to ranked and not having a "clean" list of 10's sort of irked me. I made it to 10 some time ago but then got greedy. Sure enough, instead of advancing I got hit with a run of terrible teams and wound back at the bottom of 12. I finally clawed myself back up to 10 just now. I know it's just vanity but I'd rather see 10 there than 12 so this is where I'm going to quit. I sincerely doubt that I'll be able to advance farther and get more perks and am now missing out on the goodies only available to Scenarios and Randoms.

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles
7 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Well, ranked season is over for me. My goal is to reach level 10 and get the -10% cost-reduction flag. I've done this for the seasons I've played but the last one. I didn't have the time then to devote to ranked and not having a "clean" list of 10's sort of irked me. I made it to 10 some time ago but then got greedy. Sure enough, instead of advancing I got hit with a run of terrible teams and wound back at the bottom of 12. I finally clawed myself back up to 10 just now. I know it's just vanity but I'd rather see 10 there than 12 so this is where I'm going to quit. I sincerely doubt that I'll be able to advance farther and get more perks and am now missing out on the goodies only available to Scenarios and Randoms.

I am literally in the same boat.  The problem is lack of motivation for me.  What kind of rewards do you get for going from rank 10 to rank 1?  Let's see, you get

• 3,900 steel
  • 25 rare signals
  • 85 bonus camo
  • 2500 doubloons
  • 1x Jolly Roger

The only thing in this list that stands out to me is 3,900 steel, that's not enough steel to get anything worth my time, not unless I commit significant time in every ranked season to come, no thanks.  Jolly Roger I have,  Belfast is good enough replacement for Flint to me, Black is not longer unique radar DD with Pan-Asian line out, and Stalingrad, while nice, is going to have to wait for a long, long, long time.  Moskva and Kronshtadt will have to do for the time being.

• Cool 1

Members
1,161 posts
501 battles

something seems a little odd...
I SWEAR I posted in this thread....
Was talked down to, replied and was stuck up for a bit, but its all gone...
Odd....

LXUQrvy.gif