You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ph3l0n

Played CV for the first time since Closed Beta today... LOL

11 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
167 posts
989 battles

What in the good lord did you do to this?  You literally took something terrible, and made it worse.  T6 and below is a clown fiesta.  The planes are literally retarded.  How did you look at this and say "Yea, this is fine.".  Honestly, I am asking myself this question at almost every turn with you guys.  Back a total of 3 days and all I can say is "Wow, I can't believe you made this dumb of a decision.".  It seems like this game has been just progressing down hill and no one there is pumping the breaks to say "Maybe this shouldn't get passed QA.".  How could you let it go out in this form?  It was bad with the manual drops, you could have just extended the range that torps appear to say 4km and made it better, but instead you let the AI make the decision on how to drop torps and bombs?  Dude, come on, this is terrible and you should feel bad you released it this way.

• Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[SF-3]
Beta Testers
1,617 posts
5,408 battles

You are quite late to the party bruv. Did you miss the part with the Big E debacle and Graf Zep problems.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,342 posts
11,500 battles

See Notser video on carrier rework.

They have been trying to fix it for a year.

Hopefully before 2019 comes.

What I hated was removing manual drops on tier 4 and 5.

Then changing American carrier to default load outs...

[BOTBF]
[BOTBF]
Members
13 posts
4,149 battles

Did they change CV's today?  I know there wasn't an update, but there is a world of difference between yesterday and today.  I've never ever lost so many planes.  Either they drastically improved AA or made planes a lot weaker.  I can't even come close to any ship right now with them all being blown out of the sky.

[HINON]
Members
8,874 posts

So you haven't played cvs since closed beta and expect to know what you are doing? Lol :cat_bubble:

Edited by RipNuN2

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,241 posts
3,086 battles
1 hour ago, r0s1w3d2stnlc said:

Did they change CV's today?  I know there wasn't an update, but there is a world of difference between yesterday and today.  I've never ever lost so many planes.  Either they drastically improved AA or made planes a lot weaker.  I can't even come close to any ship right now with them all being blown out of the sky.

They didn't. Maybe you were just having a streak of bad luck? AA is based on RNG, after all. 

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,768 posts
12,470 battles

@ph3l0n and yet CVs are getting yet another unnecessary rework when all that is needed is for people to learn how to use them and if they aren't willing to then don't use them. Also those whining the most are CV targets who wont bother to learn how to band together more tightly for better combined AA. Clue watch a WW2 US CV task force under attack video. Now tell me how many loner ships did you see? Where were the CVs and BBs in the formations. Where were the CAs and DDs in the formation? Watch several and then tell me how many ships in any Task Force do you see insta deleted in any of the videos.

Oh but Task Force formations will never work in this game! Yea kiss my Butt! Try it several times and prove me wrong. 

CV rework just because a bunch of whiners want their way is unadulterated bovine waste matter!

• Bad 2

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,043 posts
11,539 battles
38 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@ph3l0n and yet CVs are getting yet another unnecessary rework when all that is needed is for people to learn how to use them and if they aren't willing to then don't use them. Also those whining the most are CV targets who wont bother to learn how to band together more tightly for better combined AA. Clue watch a WW2 US CV task force under attack video. Now tell me how many loner ships did you see? Where were the CVs and BBs in the formations. Where were the CAs and DDs in the formation? Watch several and then tell me how many ships in any Task Force do you see insta deleted in any of the videos.

Oh but Task Force formations will never work in this game! Yea kiss my Butt! Try it several times and prove me wrong. 

CV rework just because a bunch of whiners want their way is unadulterated bovine waste matter!

winning

Members
1,604 posts
3,573 battles
34 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

CV's aren't being reworked because of the whiners,  man. CV's are being reworked because no one plays them,  and WG can't make money off a class of ships if no one is playing them,  either to buy the premiums in the line or to pay for the grind to go faster.  The idea behind the rework is to bring the class to a larger number of people by making it more familiar and less of a genre switch when you try to play the class.  Ideally CV's will still be able to deal good damage but without a doubt we'll see a major drop in alpha strike capability but hopefully we'll be able to do more consistent damage.

Either way,  bit too soon to be making any major judgments about it.

[KNTAI]
Members
767 posts
4,049 battles
2 hours ago, r0s1w3d2stnlc said:

If you last played CV before the new American CL line, they added a bunch of high AA DPS ships that can start picking off planes at 8 km and then shred them under 7, not including DFAA (which makes them shred out to max range as well).

More people are playing CV since the rework is near (or because they think the rework might already be in place), so people are running their AA builds on non-USN ships too. Check AA values before each match (ALWAYS) as CV so you don't get surprised, and even if you do, just wait until their health is below 60-65%, and test their AA bubble with HE bombers before you risk torp/fighters.

[KNTAI]
Members
767 posts
4,049 battles
3 hours ago, ph3l0n said:

What in the good lord did you do to this?  You literally took something terrible, and made it worse.  T6 and below is a clown fiesta.  The planes are literally retarded.  How did you look at this and say "Yea, this is fine.".  Honestly, I am asking myself this question at almost every turn with you guys.  Back a total of 3 days and all I can say is "Wow, I can't believe you made this dumb of a decision.".  It seems like this game has been just progressing down hill and no one there is pumping the breaks to say "Maybe this shouldn't get passed QA.".  How could you let it go out in this form?  It was bad with the manual drops, you could have just extended the range that torps appear to say 4km and made it better, but instead you let the AI make the decision on how to drop torps and bombs?  Dude, come on, this is terrible and you should feel bad you released it this way.

Oh hey another class you don't know how to play

> auto drop

That's been around since alpha, and you drop by approaching from the right angle for auto to calculate and at the right time so that the drop actually hits an evasive enemy. These are basic tactics that you're supposed to have learned by T6.

Manual was added during/after beta and only as partial compensation for having nerfed USN CVs into the ground with stock loadouts for tiers 4-8 (which doesn't help because IJN still gets manual as well, making their previously buffed torp drop patterns even more powerful).