You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

Dev blog ship balance adjustments T2-T10

64 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
8,922 posts
7,305 battles

ST. Balance changes.

American destroyer Sampson, Tier II and American destroyer Wickes, Tier lll

Torpedo range has been increased from 4.5 to 5 km. These changes will balance these destroyers with other ships in this Tech Tree possessing similar stats.

American cruiser St Louis, Tier lll

The sigma of all guns has been decreased from 2 to 1.8. Reload time of researchable guns has been increased from 8 to 9 seconds.

Large HP, high accuracy and 152 mm guns made this ship one of the most efficient at it's tier. These changes are aimed to balance St. Louis with other ships at this level.

German cruiser Dresden, Tier ll

Reload time of guns has been increased from 4 to 5 seconds.

This cruiser has a pretty high level of damage per minute. Changing this parameter will balance this cruiser in the line with other ships of this tier.

German cruiser Yorck, Tier Vll

The shell velocity of high-explosive and armor-piercing shells to travel 10km has been reduced from 5.65 and 6.72 seconds to 5.09 and 5.14 seconds relatively. AP shells damage has been increased from 5500 to 5600.

These changes will align Yorck's ballistics with other ships in the Tech Tree and highlight the effectiveness of AP shells of German ships.

American destroyer Mahan, Tier Vll

Initial surface detectability range reduced from 7.92 to 7.64 km. The detectability after firing in smoke has been reduced: from 2.98 to 2.86.

These changes are valid for all hulls and the main goal is to increase the efficiency of this destroyer in a melee battle, where Mahan can perform very well. The detectability radius of this destroyer didn’t allow it to fulfill its intended role in a battle and this adjustment brings it in the line with other ships of Mahan’s Tier.

British destroyers Daring, Tier X and Jutland, Tier IX

For historical accuracy the main battery has been changed from 114 mm to 113 mm.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

https://www.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/?hc_ref=ARR9nUMXn_RsmqRex1ZInJWjV4_x7Bj1a7hRhxVHGcqHKNLq8xsMV-DIaixxjmfuAm4&fref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARCFS9JlgkjJUwkHhJCxIwLWhGVmnWnbfF-UDs-UIUpgjaTBn9YB6c_9B8M6cHvdP77B2hi9B--bkhlkZPUIQ3hEv1OlAjS7G6NP414kGyi9FKLQDARyyKjIC7fvjhe00a-NwAw_-HEZKAJNJR7S1FVLhSygsHlQwVjgtyVKYxDiwJ98bgwGwBDz4SM0yJiPcT3Lao42_MRApnRNWC-m2ZXWnF0iVHrpiRzGnEOD&__tn__=kC-R

EDIT: at the end the T9 and T10 UK DDs had their guns changed from 114mm to 113mm. That didn't seem significant, so I put T2-T7 in the title. I fixed it to T2-T10.

Edited by Kizarvexis

Members
1,534 posts
687 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

NOOOOooooooooo! Not T3 St. Louis!

I know right. 

Is that 0.7.8 or upcoming?

[PVE]
Members
8,922 posts
7,305 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

I know right. 

Is that 0.7.8 or upcoming?

It just hit the Dev blog today, so 7.9 at the earliest which is Sep 19th. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

ST. Balance changes.

American destroyer Sampson, Tier II and American destroyer Wickes, Tier lll

Torpedo range has been increased from 4.5 to 5 km. These changes will balance these destroyers with other ships in this Tech Tree possessing similar stats.

The sigma of all guns has been decreased from 2 to 1.8. Reload time of researchable guns has been increased from 8 to 9 seconds.

Large HP, high accuracy and 152 mm guns made this ship one of the most efficient at it's tier. These changes are aimed to balance St. Louis with other ships at this level.

German cruiser Dresden, Tier ll

Reload time of guns has been increased from 4 to 5 seconds.

This cruiser has a pretty high level of damage per minute. Changing this parameter will balance this cruiser in the line with other ships of this tier.

German cruiser Yorck, Tier Vll

The shell velocity of high-explosive and armor-piercing shells to travel 10km has been reduced from 5.65 and 6.72 seconds to 5.09 and 5.14 seconds relatively. AP shells damage has been increased from 5500 to 5600.

These changes will align Yorck's ballistics with other ships in the Tech Tree and highlight the effectiveness of AP shells of German ships.

Initial surface detectability range reduced from 7.92 to 7.64 km. The detectability after firing in smoke has been reduced: from 2.98 to 2.86.

These changes are valid for all hulls and the main goal is to increase the efficiency of this destroyer in a melee battle, where Mahan can perform very well. The detectability radius of this destroyer didn’t allow it to fulfill its intended role in a battle and this adjustment brings it in the line with other ships of Mahan’s Tier.

British destroyers Daring, Tier X and Jutland, Tier IX

For historical accuracy the main battery has been changed from 114 mm to 113 mm.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

https://www.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/?hc_ref=ARR9nUMXn_RsmqRex1ZInJWjV4_x7Bj1a7hRhxVHGcqHKNLq8xsMV-DIaixxjmfuAm4&fref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARCFS9JlgkjJUwkHhJCxIwLWhGVmnWnbfF-UDs-UIUpgjaTBn9YB6c_9B8M6cHvdP77B2hi9B--bkhlkZPUIQ3hEv1OlAjS7G6NP414kGyi9FKLQDARyyKjIC7fvjhe00a-NwAw_-HEZKAJNJR7S1FVLhSygsHlQwVjgtyVKYxDiwJ98bgwGwBDz4SM0yJiPcT3Lao42_MRApnRNWC-m2ZXWnF0iVHrpiRzGnEOD&__tn__=kC-R

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. So they are changing Dresden, because they think her OP?

They forget Emden is the exact same, but a premium. Now Emden will be a Tier II Kamikaze.

Members
1,534 posts
687 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

It just hit the Dev blog today, so 7.9 at the earliest which is Sep 19th. 

gracias.  Missed devblog after facebook in the link.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,743 posts
7,373 battles

It ain't gonna change how effective St Louis is in experienced hands. I mean, it's only got medium range, sigma doesn't affect that very much, you're still going to land an absurd number of hits. The same goes for Dresden, the increase to reload isn't going to change anything. Yorck is still Yorck, and Yorck is still bad.

The changes to Sampson are, on the other hand, going to make her much more effective. Too bad none of us play her anymore. Lol. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,743 posts
7,373 battles
2 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

They forget Emden is the exact same, but a premium. Now Emden will be a Tier II Kamikaze.

Emden has smaller guns, and deals much less damage. However, I've always found both Em and Dres to be OP for their tier, same with Kolberg at T3.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
Just now, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Emden has smaller guns, and deals much less damage. However, I've always found both Em and Dres to be OP for their tier, same with Kolberg at T3.

This is not true. Emden has same 4.1 inch guns as Dresden and Kolberg. IMO, all 3 are only good with IFHE.

[-FH-]
Members
54 posts
705 battles
20 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

20 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Really happy to see this change.  The Mahan just became competitive!!!!

Edited by Gin_Blossoms

[PVE]
Members
52 posts
14,854 battles
21 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

NOOOOooooooooo! Not T3 St. Louis!

Don’t worry Comrade! Bogatyr is still “balanced” and untouched. Lol.

• Funny 2

[HYDRO]
Members
1,338 posts
3,669 battles

Excellent Mahan and Yorck changes. Now a small concealment buff to Blyska and Maass would keep them more relevant to the current meta.

[DPG]
Members
824 posts
4,246 battles
20 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

When I take out the Emden I have to set my lead using the computer down the hall.

• Funny 3

[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
650 posts
7,873 battles
19 hours ago, xyt272 said:

Don’t worry Comrade! Bogatyr is still “balanced” and untouched. Lol.

# Don't touch my Booger!  :cap_yes:

• Funny 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,340 posts
9,433 battles

And we can NOW install the special Hydro Mod 1  on the Duke of York...   

I'd rather put that in the Bismarck...   but NooooooOOooOOOOooOOOoooooo...

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

*laughs in Bogatyr*

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles
59 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

Emden has 1 less gun to a broadside.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
1 hour ago, Amenhir said:

When I take out the Emden I have to set my lead using the computer down the hall.

If you're good with Atlanta, the low-level Germans aren't difficult.  (At least the ones with the 4/4.1 inch guns and 4 second reload.)

Members
4,748 posts
5,466 battles

Ugh. REALLY WG? Mahan gets a 6.4km detection range with CE and camo? WTH are you guys thinking? Poor Akatsuki is a ded bote now. No sense in playing it anymore unless they improve her concealment rating.

To clarify, I'm not so much upset at the change to Mahan. She definitely needed something to be a bit more competitive. I'm more upset at the fact that the main line mid-tier IJN DDs keep getting kicked in the gonads and WG only seems to be concerned with balancing and improving the top tier IJN DDs. IJN T7 torps are among the worst of the lot. They aren't quite fast enough to out pace rudders or reach targets before they can really react to their presence. And they don't hit particularly hard, if they hit at all. To top it off, they're some of the most visible torps for the IJN, so they have a huge reaction time, second or third only to the pointless 20km Type 93s on Shimakaze.

Edit: Seems I was mistaken, flipped two numbers in my math. Though it still stands that Akatsuki is getting kicked in the gonads with this, as She'll have less time to react to a Mahan when she spots one.

Edited by GhostSwordsman
  • Boring 1

[FAE]
Members
2,124 posts
2,531 battles
11 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Ugh. REALLY WG? Mahan gets a 6.4km detection range with CE and camo? WTH are you guys thinking? Poor Akatsuki is a ded bote now. No sense in playing it anymore unless they improve her concealment rating.

To clarify, I'm not so much upset at the change to Mahan. She definitely needed something to be a bit more competitive. I'm more upset at the fact that the main line mid-tier IJN DDs keep getting kicked in the gonads and WG only seems to be concerned with balancing and improving the top tier IJN DDs. IJN T7 torps are among the worst of the lot. They aren't quite fast enough to out pace rudders or reach targets before they can really react to their presence. And they don't hit particularly hard, if they hit at all. To top it off, they're some of the most visible torps for the IJN, so they have a huge reaction time, second or third only to the pointless 20km Type 93s on Shimakaze.

Edit: Seems I was mistaken, flipped two numbers in my math. Though it still stands that Akatsuki is getting kicked in the gonads with this, as She'll have less time to react to a Mahan when she spots one.

Akatsuki also seems to have awful stats and concealment. Though frankly I'm not sure why they even bothered making the t5-7 split. What does Akatsuki bring that Shiratsuyu or the T6 experiences (which are also terrible) don't do? 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,695 posts
10,037 battles
12 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

Akatsuki also seems to have awful stats and concealment. Though frankly I'm not sure why they even bothered making the t5-7 split. What does Akatsuki bring that Shiratsuyu or the T6 experiences (which are also terrible) don't do? 

Akatsuki's great, 6 decent guns including 4 in the stern to shoot the Mahan in the face with as you kite, and 9 rapid reloading 10km torps on a fast hull.

Good boat.

[FAE]
Members
2,124 posts
2,531 battles
1 minute ago, mofton said:

Akatsuki's great, 6 decent guns including 4 in the stern to shoot the Mahan in the face with as you kite, and 9 rapid reloading 10km torps on a fast hull.

Good boat.

Really? I've not seen one make a difference to my games ever since it was released.... 

(I don't mean that in an "you're wrong" way. Just... A sad personal observation) 

(Same observation for Mahan usually ^^^  though the torps do work. They get deleted a lot early. ) 

Members
3,647 posts
13,511 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Bo!.gif.1c8af644e6c3a3ca1a62de88344d1a57.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
674 posts
5,142 battles

So all the changes to T2 through T7 cruisers and no mention of how poorly the Pensacola is fairing in it's new spot.  Last I checked it's average damage numbers were worst in class/tier, worse even than Nurmberg.  Now don't get me wrong, I do not believe the Pensacola has yet reached a stable level, but it is still far worse than any T6 cruiser out there.  If any ship in the T6  cruiser lot needed a boost, it is the Pensacola.