You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

It's Always the DD's Fault

34 comments in this topic

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,884 battles

Of course you also have to remember that if any of those BBs had decided not to follow you.

That the whole team would have been screaming at them as well for not going with the team lol.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts

This has been my experience too. There are games where I [edited] up badly, however I've lost over half of my Karma points playing ranked in the last 3 days. DDs are the new CV and not nearly as effective.

Members
95 posts
6,384 battles

The sad state of players these days, any ship type not doing what they think is correct, they cuss and call stupid.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
64 posts
3,359 battles

My personal approach to playing is not being supported by your approach to playing.  Cease & Desist forthwith from all endeavours that do not assist ME!

Honestly though, there was one random game the other day on Twin Brothers when I'm in a Schors because I sometimes like to just rain HE & the most left sided DD decided to go to the right & the whole left flank just crumpled slowly from the lack of anybody spotting.

I & a few others asked him/her, within 1 minute, not to do that and the two DD's just ended up south of the right cap looking forlorn  & eventually sinking.

Edited by Anonymous50

[WOLF9]
Members
3,159 posts

Ah, yes, Thanks, Snargle- for reminding me why I stopped playing Ranked.

I was almost tempted to play a couple of matches today- so good save!

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
24 minutes ago, bohica_2017 said:

The sad state of players these days, any ship type not doing what they think is correct, they cuss and call stupid.

Had a player threaten every DD on his team with teamkilling if they didn't do what he wanted, then started firing on different DDs randomly. I asked him if his killer was broke and then invited him to pound sand into his favorite orifice, after which I reported him. Thank God for screenshots.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[PSP]
Members
6,043 posts
8,585 battles

Of course, some DDs might be worth cussing at. In the Ranked game just now a Yueyang spend the entire game trying to torp other DDs, with deepwater torps.

[INTEL]
Members
6,632 posts
25,368 battles

As a DD main with thousands of DD battles, I ignore these.

They usually do not know what they are talking about.

• Cool 1

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,658 posts
10,252 battles

Sure glad we have the same ranked system as we have for 10 seasons to maintain forum posts like this.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,333 posts
11,487 battles
2 hours ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Of course you also have to remember that if any of those BBs had decided not to follow you.

That the whole team would have been screaming at them as well for not going with the team lol.

Or the battleships would have been fodder for enemy destroyers.

Members
333 posts
5 battles
9 hours ago, bohica_2017 said:

These days? what? Are you new to the world or are you honestly deluded into thinking this behavior is NEW?! Even as far back as the damn romans there have been people who have claimed they were right and insulted those that didn't believe them!

[RKLES]
Members
7,111 posts
8,758 battles
14 minutes ago, TheNargacuga said:

These days? what? Are you new to the world or are you honestly deluded into thinking this behavior is NEW?! Even as far back as the damn romans there have been people who have claimed they were right and insulted those that didn't believe them!

The disrespectfulness to the extent it is now was not on. The scale or extent that it has become now. Sporadic maybe, but not this bad.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,704 battles
9 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Of course, some DDs might be worth cussing at. In the Ranked game just now a Yueyang spend the entire game trying to torp other DDs, with deepwater torps.

Reading this made me insane. I might need a break.

I'm literally insane now. It sucks.

[ADD]
Members
10 posts
7,695 battles
9 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I may have gotten surprised once and panic launched at a DD. Everybody complimented me on the accuracy.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
41 posts
2,829 battles

DDs do seem to get the most scorn. As a dd player I am amazed at the insults heaped upon us. But in a way they are right. A team needs good dd play to have a chance. I have turned away from trying to sink ships and focused on spotting and laying creative smoke. That said, I can have a run of bad games where I do not perform well. What I really like is the people who take the time to send you a PM afterwards pointing out your many flaws. Amazing how they can get worked up over a 20 minute video contest.  Some people really need to find themselves a girlfriend.......

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,923 battles
On 8/31/2018 at 3:11 PM, w4spl3g said:

This has been my experience too. There are games where I [edited] up badly, however I've lost over half of my Karma points playing ranked in the last 3 days. DDs are the new CV and not nearly as effective.

18 minutes ago, handybilly said:

DDs do seem to get the second most scorn. As a dd player I am amazed at the insults heaped upon us. But in a way they are right. A team needs good dd play to have a chance. I have turned away from trying to sink ships and focused on spotting and laying creative smoke. That said, I can have a run of bad games where I do not perform well. What I really like is the people who take the time to send you a PM afterwards pointing out your many flaws. Amazing how they can get worked up over a 20 minute video contest.  Some people really need to find themselves a girlfriend.......

FTFY, try playing CVs even from time to time above T7 or in ranked, the salt that can come your way is absurd. 

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
18 minutes ago, GabeTheDespot said:

FTFY, try playing CVs even from time to time above T7 or in ranked, the salt that can come your way is absurd. 

Well, to be fair, CVs are so broken their mechanics are being removed from the game to be reworked completely. Why they are even allowed at all at his point until this is has been done is a mystery.

• Cool 3

[ARRGG]
Members
4,678 posts
7,503 battles
On 8/31/2018 at 12:11 PM, bohica_2017 said:

Exactly...ln chat

DD cap!

DD why aren’t you Capping!

Dammit !! DD Cap!!

From my DD point of view ..my support and I need support even asked for it ...

One Cruiser answered  2 gigantic HP BBS followed? But are Torp hiding behind an Island unable to cover the cap not good there Big Boys ..now I don’t expect anybody to take a risk and come in the Cap with me in my speedy small HP Yueyang with it’s 5.8k Detection and I myself have Radar but I’ve looked at the enemy  team and there’s 3 Cruisers with Radar over 10k and because this isn’t my first Rodeo and know if I’m Radared without good support ... I’m pretty much dead

so I spend a little time probing hoping to spot the Radar ships  without announcing my presence by turning the cap and waiting for my ducks to line up ( support) .. it’s like herding cats though if you say anything 

I usually don’t get into chat discussions during game , I may say Radar but that’s it

In the past it wasn’t so but Radar , love it or hate it is a big game changer and you can not just run in  Willy Nilly at the start of the X game with no intelligence data in a DD and Cap with lots of Radar ships present  and expect to survive for long with no support that often turn and hide or run when the shooting starts which frankly I fail to understand cause ... MOST OF ENEMY ARE SHOOTING AT ME!!

• Cool 2

[IXM]
Members
45 posts
802 battles

I've seen this countless times already and I just started playing this game as a DD main. I do make mistakes because I'm new, but at least I'm getting better. What really gets me is when people try to get you to cap or play a normal DD role as a Russian DD that is specifically designed as a gunboat, i.e. Minsk, Kiev. Do people not realize there are DDs in the game that are essentially cruisers? If I try to compete for a cap with a Kagero, Benson, Z-23, I'm almost certainly going to lose. Certain Russian DDs as well as the IJN gunboat line are not traditional DDs, some people must realize this. This doesn't mean I never cap/lay smoke/torp/etc, but I'm not as suited to it as other ships in these gunboats.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,013 posts
13,583 battles
14 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

no support that often turn and hide or run when the shooting starts which frankly I fail to understand cause ... MOST OF ENEMY ARE SHOOTING AT ME!!

Yup, this in a nutshell.....have been targeted by 10 or more reds once radar has me and have often wondered why the red DD in the cap with me isn't getting pulverized like I am. It's an odd thing, kinda like the greens are just watching the show....at least that's how an aggressive dd player can feel at times. Then when we decide to be a little more cautious and not cap right away, the insults begin....at least it is a challenge?:cap_like:

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,030 posts
11,539 battles

Honestly, I lose far more games because BBs won't move forward than I lose due to DDs.  Occassionally I see DDs who refuse to do their jobs, chase carriers etc, but mostly it's BBs who let the enemy just move on forward and set up shop at cap points.

• Cool 2

[-GPS-]
Members
2,525 posts
24,667 battles

Sure there are bad DD players, but the criticism can be maddening. 

I lost a couple of Karma points when a Conqueror started ranting at me for calling on team to shoot a red DD I lit up with YY radar. There were a Des Moines, a Zao and the DD all ready to shoot me if I fired so I didn’t. Radar YY doesn’t shoot in the open like that and win battles.  Did the Conqueror shoot the DD?  Of course not!  That would be beneath his majestic stature. 

Then there’s the “Why won’t you scout for me and cap?” RAGE. Um, cuz you haven’t killed that Worcester yet?  I have torps inbound on his position but they haven’t arrived yet...

Members
1,668 posts
9,743 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

Honestly, I lose far more games because BBs won't move forward than I lose due to DDs.  Occassionally I see DDs who refuse to do their jobs, chase carriers etc, but mostly it's BBs who let the enemy just move on forward and set up shop at cap points.

I suspect that comes down to if you are a good DD player.  If you are you are likely not having DD issues since you are filling the role.  That just opens up other things to go bad.