You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Elo_J_Fudpucker

Stealing My Gold

17 comments in this topic

Members
1,105 posts
7,231 battles

What The Actual...

I finished a game and I see this... $125 gold for a camo I didn't select, let alone there are no $125gc camo???????

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.08.31 - 13.43.50.28.png

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
146 posts
6,052 battles

Looks like you ran out of camo you had selected and did not uncheck the auto-resupply with gold. 

• Cool 3

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,728 posts
7,354 battles

It says Type 59, so I'm betting you had some and were using it, and ran out. Another reason to always go back to port between rounds. And Type 59 is, iirc, 125 dubs. It might be 150, maybe it's on discount.

• Cool 1

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
2 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

What The Actual...

I finished a game and I see this... $125 gold for a camo I didn't select, let alone there are no $125gc camo???????

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.08.31 - 13.43.50.28.png

2 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

It says Type 59, so I'm betting you had some and were using it, and ran out. Another reason to always go back to port between rounds. And Type 59 is, iirc, 125 dubs. It might be 150, maybe it's on discount.

Yup and just to show some visible proof other than the wiki, I have some in my inventory that I'll show for the OP.

5b8981a54a9e7_Type59.thumb.jpg.daada92597e126b2cd6af87b7b906a84.jpg

• Cool 1

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
143 posts
1,813 battles

Pirates I tell ye mate Arrgh! Arrgh! ye can slober in your grog or send in a screenshot to support no screenshot then have some Rum.

[PSP]
Members
6,038 posts
8,582 battles

You really have to watch it when you enable camo auto re-supply. The same goes for mods. If you want your for-cost mods to resupply with credits and not doubloons then you need to be sure that you carefully select this option from the drop-down box.

• Cool 1

[-WPG-]
Members
731 posts
3,145 battles
14 minutes ago, BURN_Miner said:

Yup and just to show some visible proof other than the wiki, I have some in my inventory that I'll show for the OP.

5b8981a54a9e7_Type59.thumb.jpg.daada92597e126b2cd6af87b7b906a84.jpg

I'm curious... why did you block out that camo on this screenshot, below the permacamo?

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
3 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I'm curious... why did you block out that camo on this screenshot, below the permacamo?

Just by choice.

[PSP]
Members
6,038 posts
8,582 battles
10 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I assume that as supertester he might have a NDA ship with a permacamo that he can't show, or something similar.

Edited by Snargfargle

[-WPG-]
Members
731 posts
3,145 battles
21 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I assume that as supertester he might have a NDA ship with a permacamo that he can't show, or something similar.

Ah, that makes sense. On my phone and it doesn't show labels like super tester. 

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,416 battles

Yep you had a 125 doubloon camo on and resupply with in game currency checked! It pays to keep an eye on your stock and by the way that camo has displayed right in the center resupply cost 125 doubloons! It was right there in plain site when you mounted it whether you had 100 or 1 and when you run out it is still there in your camo box for purchase!

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,336 battles

All you have to do is uncheck the "resupply using in-game currency" box.  It's not exactly sneaky.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,773 posts
12,881 battles

Ideally, WG should give the "option" for a player to get a confirmation pop up before auto resupply pulls gold or silver (an option for none, either, or both).  If user feels comfortable they can keep track themselves, and wish to avoid an annoying pop up confirmation, then they have that choice.  If the user is worried about what the OP experienced, then they can check the box to get confirmation before expending gold.

Bottom Line is a user should be able to "lock down" all auto-pull of in-game currency if they so desire...while still availing themselves of auto-resupply.

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
629 posts
1,181 battles
12 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

All you have to do is uncheck the "resupply using in-game currency" box.  It's not exactly sneaky.

Been a while since I've checked, but if it's enabled by default, that's a bit sneaky, as is making doubloons the default currency for consumable resupply. Some people aren't as attentive as others, and this is designed to take advantage of that fact. I'm not a big fan of a system like that.

The solution Soshi_Sone proposes would be ideal, in my opinion.

• Cool 1

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,590 posts
14,010 battles

It's annoying and sneaky because the game automatically checks, "Resupply using in-game currency if unavailable" by default if you enable Auto Resupply.  You don't pay attention to your consumables / camo levels you may lose Doubloons from dubious means.  If you put in lots of money and buy Doubloons all the time, it's an annoyance, but for many out there, every bit of Doubloons is precious.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway