You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
hateH2o

Co-op AI is responding Faster and Smarter

37 comments in this topic

[H8H2O]
Members
5 posts
8,131 battles

I have just had five of the most intense Co-op battles. The Bots are working together extremely fast and adjusting to op-force tactics. The bots are shooting and evading more quickly than ever. In contrast, the human side bots are not showing the same speed of reaction to threats and map conditions.

[TBW]
Members
6,342 posts
11,892 battles
8 minutes ago, hateH2o said:

I have just had five of the most intense Co-op battles. The Bots are working together extremely fast and adjusting to op-force tactics. The bots are shooting and evading more quickly than ever. In contrast, the human side bots are not showing the same speed of reaction to threats and map conditions.

Is it more fun and engaging though? Do you like it? Is it just less rewards for more work now?

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[LOU1]
Members
2,882 posts
8,004 battles

Second thread today on this.

In Update 0.7.8, we have further improved the logic of bots in Co-op Battles. The bots will now be more responsive to the dynamic and changing situations of battle.”

[KERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,035 posts
4,217 battles
13 minutes ago, hateH2o said:

That would be great if it was also team side bots.  I just had a teamside bot carrier crap all over me, and by crap, full load of torp bombers.  So, team bots remain tier 1, while enemy bots have leveled up?

Or is this just meant to punish co-op players until they give up and leave game?

• Cool 2

[H8H2O]
Members
5 posts
8,131 battles

I do not like it. I would just go Random for this much challenge. The new Co-op challenge increases the intensity without the reward from Random battles.

If the game stays this way, I will have to change my play style preferences or not (not play). 

Edited by hateH2o
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 3

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,257 posts
24,787 battles

I haven't seen any difference in bot behaviour.

Members
5 posts
437 battles

I had a co-op battle yesterday where an enemy Wyoming  turned away and ran and hid behind an island like a little girl and it was at full health

[KERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,035 posts
4,217 battles
3 minutes ago, cuzinfred said:

I had a co-op battle yesterday where an enemy Wyoming  turned away and ran and hid behind an island like a little girl and it was at full health

So they ARE getting smarter!

That said, having played a few matches now, yes, enemy AI is smarter, yes, team AI is dumber, and if you're going to punish players this harshly, an increase in rewards is warranted or player concurrency will decrease.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[USCC]
Members
55 posts
9,684 battles

I thought it was just my imagination. Glad to see others have noticed it....the bots are on crack today. Much tougher to be a DD, damn they hate DD's.

[PSP]
Members
6,041 posts
8,584 battles
1 minute ago, thegreenbaron said:

So they ARE getting smarter!

One of these days, perhaps even withing some of your lifetimes, we will see an AI become self-aware. That is surely going to open up a whole new can of worms. Of course, science fiction authors have been speculating on this for years, which is a good thing as at least some people need to have thought about it before the event occurs.

I do know that it's nearly impossible to torpedo AI ships in scenarios now unless you make a suicide run in within 2 km. 

[FOG]
Members
272 posts
4,574 battles
9 minutes ago, Filthy said:

I thought it was just my imagination. Glad to see others have noticed it....the bots are on crack today.

This was exactly my opinion when in a few early morning Tier I games. Got sunk in my Black Swan in about 30 seconds.....really had to concern and use island blocking etc. to win. I could not see any increase in awards and am not seeing that this intense effort is going to be worth the awards. If this is the way is at Tier I I hate to see what high Tiers will be....

[NNA]
Members
144 posts
5,331 battles

I recently played a T3 co-op game where a low health bot playing a USN DD was able to evasively maneuver for almost two minutes against the focused fire of 4, well seasoned, players before being sunk. I was amazed at how player-controlled like the maneuvers were.

Members
1,525 posts
672 battles
5 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

This was exactly my opinion when in a few early morning Tier I games. Got sunk in my Black Swan in about 30 seconds.....really had to concern and use island blocking etc. to win. I could not see any increase in awards and am not seeing that this intense effort is going to be worth the awards. If this is the way is at Tier I I hate to see what high Tiers will be....

I didn't play yesterday (or yet today).  Have they changed since then?

[INTEL]
Members
6,628 posts
25,323 battles

Yes, but.

They are still stupid.

They still go after the lowest HP boat (most damaged).

OTOH green bot CVs are still better (in many instances) than regular CV players (at least in lower tiers).

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,761 posts
12,435 battles

I have been saying that for weeks! The AI has been adjusted to almost Human and if you lose a ship(s) first they will slaughter the rest.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,856 battles

You really want a challenge just for fun go into the Training room 12v12 put all the bots on moving and firing and set them to the hardest level.

they are accurate, use heals and DCP, and even apply some decent strategy.

[FOG]
Members
272 posts
4,574 battles

As a test I just completed a Tier I Coop battle with 7 live teammates. Seriously, under these conditions who would have ever thought that you would hear the phrase "You are our last hope...."

Tier 1 Coop Battle Results.jpg

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,626 posts
14,017 battles

I don't see a difference.  The bots still blob to the middle of the map and mindlessly charge forward.  Some even still beach themselves permanently like Austin Powers.

I see no improvement in bot AI.

• Bad 1

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles
1 hour ago, hateH2o said:

I do not like it. I would just go Random for this much challenge. The new Co-op challenge increases the intensity without the reward from Random battles.

If the game stays this way, I will have to change my play style preferences or not (not play). 

the funny thing is, i always find bots opponents more challenging than most human opponents in random

human rarely use aimbots, while coop bots all use built in aimbots and will never miss my ship even if i'm a 13km spood beasting khaba

human miss 13km spood beast khaba 9 times out of 10

plus, human give a lot of broadside to me all the time, bots all just full speed rush me bow in and i never get to citadel any bot -.-

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,626 posts
14,017 battles

The bots even still have the stupid AI flaw.  They always go for the lowest HP ship if they have range / LOS.  I can be in <6km of a bot ship, but if the AI sees a ship with lower HP than me, it will ignore me at 5km to shoot at a target 20km away with less HP.

It makes BB play ridiculously easy as you are targeted last.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[BLUB]
[BLUB]
Members
9 posts
5,233 battles

Knock, knock. The end is nigh.

I don't really like seeing myself say this, but the bots might be too good now. When I play Coop it's to have some quick relaxing fun. It's a bit too intense to be relaxing now. Heaven only knows how much complaining there will be when my casual gamer wife comes on to division play with me this weekend. This will probably take her off the map permanently. It happened before when they would not stop tweaking world of Tanks.

Coop was a readily accessible level of game play for players who didn't want to deal with the pace of random.  I'm on board with the folks who see these as being too similar an experience now.  We may be on the cusp of a solid game being "improved to death" similar to World of Tanks.

• Cool 3

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,626 posts
14,017 battles

How are people having difficulty with these bots?  We're still winning all the time, the bots still get easily rekt.  They still have extremely questionable targeting tendencies.  It is still very much a game of who can do the most kills and damage compared to everyone else on the team, because there is nothing to really contest the players other than each other.  I mean, they even pop DCP on one fire! :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway