Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Destroyer_KuroshioKai

Ranked Battles Ship Commentaries and Map Discussions

21 comments in this topic

Members
1,674 posts
9,749 battles

In this thread I'll compile my Ranked Battles Ship Commentaries and map discussions.  My primary ship this season is Shimakaze, so she will be more of a series of videos.  To date here are some of the highlights.

• Cool 2

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,764 posts
12,470 battles

My Commentary on Ranked is Hey CA and BB Captains quit telling the DDs to go cap this or that and not back them up! Quit turning and running at the first sight of an enemy ship. If we DDs are willing to go in Harm's Way You Can Too In Your Big Scary Pixel Boats! 

Every Ranked loss I have had so far is due to this cowardly actions. So just quit it and if you aren't going to quit ya Btcn when your team loses!

• Cool 2

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,894 battles
32 minutes ago, General_WTSherman said:

What is your YouTube channel called?  I want to subscribe.

Just click on one of the videos and the the view on YouTube and you will be there. If that's not easy enough here is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-CVV_QxU4CesZL5pvdJw4A

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts

Do you have one about dealing with half your team only speaking Portugeuse and being worse than cancer?

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[SBS]
Members
2,420 posts
2,253 battles

I can't believe Kuro's channel doesn't get more views.  Every aspiring DD player show be watching these videos.

@Destroyer_KuroshioKai have you ever considered applying to be a community contributor?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,744 posts
7,373 battles

I had one of you guys in a match yesterday, he/she was in Woostah. I think I was in Shima. We lost, but it wasn't due to the Woostah.

It was @Komrade_Juice

Edited by Th3KrimzonD3mon

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts

I watched two of these, I do appreciate the going through the thought process style.

Members
1,674 posts
9,749 battles
54 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

Do you have one about dealing with half your team only speaking Portugeuse and being worse than cancer?

Thank WG for the save a star mechanic?

43 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I can't believe Kuro's channel doesn't get more views.  Every aspiring DD player show be watching these videos.

@Destroyer_KuroshioKai have you ever considered applying to be a community contributor?

I havent even bothered to look to be honest.  I'm more focused on getting content out there ASAP.  It appears I put videos out currently much faster than CCs do, probably due to the fact I do not edit or spend anytime to dress up the videos to pull in viewers.  My page is only a couple months old, and I have over 100 videos up already.

I would be interested in learning more about it, just not sure where to start.

42 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I had one of you guys in a match yesterday, he/she was in Woostah. I think I was in Shima. We lost, but it wasn't due to the Woostah.

It was @Komrade_Juice

Juice is a good guy.  He plays with me on CUTER.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
2 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Thank WG for the save a star mechanic?

So, I should only play BB? I main DD. It's miserable.

Members
510 posts
3,489 battles
7 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

If you want to save a star *and* play DD, then run a Wooster or Zao.

Members
1,674 posts
9,749 battles
3 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

It depends on you, you level of patience, and what you play the strongest.  Playing to your strengths is always a good choice.

DD meta is probably the most punishing and definitely the least rewarded.  If playing DD is going to burn you out of course play something else.

For sick [edited] like me, we get off on the hard mode.  I am trying to use the pressure to make me sharper, faster, and a better DD player in general.  Thats kind of pressure is not enjoyable most of the time.  I try to limit myself to a dozen or so ranked games per day as the season goes on to avoid burn out.

• Cool 1

Members
1,674 posts
9,749 battles
1 minute ago, Uber_Ghost said:

Add Harugumo, Stalingrad, and if you have the balls radar Minotaur.

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,765 battles
5 hours ago, Uber_Ghost said:

Yeah that does not work out for most players, they either get Torpedo or blasted in a BB salvo. BBs and DDs seem to be the rulers of tier X  Ranked. Cruisers tend to be cannon fodder this season.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,744 posts
7,373 battles
1 minute ago, Komrade_Juice said:

@Th3KrimzonD3mon Oh hai, Yeah I think I remember you. Did we do the wuster radar then smoke strat?

Indeed we did. The rest of the team, though, didnt seem to understand "strategy", "teamwork", and "dont push for no reason", lol.

Members
1,674 posts
9,749 battles

@Admiral_Thrawn_1

Played a few Gearing games yesterday.  Most went smooth, rather low damage but my contributions usually pushed the ship I was supporting to the top of the score boards.  Here is an example of playing Gearing selflessly.

F3 Shima continues to put in the big damage numbers.  The couple losses I had were from team mates just yoloing into multiple enemy ships and hardly scratching the targets they were so eager to die over.  Were I King, I'd amend the report system to include a rule that if every  team mate reports you at least once you are barred from joining ranked battles for 72 hours.

• Cool 1

Members
1,674 posts
9,749 battles

A different way of playing C cap on Mountain Range.  I'm in my Shimakaze for this game, but any capping DD could hold this position effectively.  To note, I only decide to play this position based off MMing only having one radar, two DDs.  The game has some pretty slick blind firing into smoke working down an enemy Gearing with AP.  I talk a little bit on how I manage to land shot after shot with something as slow reloading as Shima guns.

Sign in to follow this