Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CAPTMUDDXX

Is 15k Coal Super?

31 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

581
[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,764 posts
12,435 battles

2nd container today chose resources and got 15k coal! Is that Super? I think it was!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
418
[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,768 posts
5,806 battles

I was told it was when I received my supercontainer of coal for 15k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
755
[SF-A]
Members
2,850 posts
5,548 battles

Yes. You can essentially pick a consumable upgrade that you want, or just save it.

Edited by pewpewpew42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,550 posts
9,822 battles

It was good not super. Super is when you go to a drive through, pay $20.00 for a $10.50 burger combo and realize that they gave you back $40.00 change as you are heading home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,730
[ARGSY]
Members
5,828 posts
3,974 battles

The best supercontainers are the ones you didn't click "Try Your Luck" for. OP, you got 15,000 coal instead of a resource container maximum of 1,200 that you were expecting/trying for. That's pretty super to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
54 posts
2,689 battles

The last two supers I received was a 1000 doubloons and 50,000 free exp.

15,000 coal seems to be in that ball park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
581
[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,764 posts
12,435 battles

Yes it was a Super Container from the Resources selection. I gave up on try your luck a long time ago!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
243
[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
629 posts
1,181 battles

Some people feel 15K coal is "super". I'm not one of them, though. It's just an "alright" container.

 

I realize most people have coupons, but without them, what can that 15K get you? A ship? Nope. Upgrades? Nope.

Flags? You can take 20 - 40 of some useful flags, but I'd say that 20 - 40 flags is just "alright" & nowhere near the number that would drop in a SC.

Camos? You're not getting any with an XP bonus. You want a few with commander or free xp bonuses, you're in luck, but again, nowhere near the amount that would drop in a SC.

Containers? Okay, this one is decent. You can get 15 of any containers you might need. If you need them, that is.

If patches are your thing, well, you're in luck here. You can get all three!

 

I have no doubt someone will chime in with "It's free stuff", but those are the types of people who'd pi$$ all over themselves like an excited dog if you gave them a free turd, then tell everyone how wonderful the free turd is and all the wonderful things one can do with a free turd.

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,681
[TBW]
Members
6,350 posts
11,894 battles

I always get signals and although I think that 15K coal sounds like a good (?) amount, I would rather have something other than 10 or less days worth of coal from a SC. The coal will come and I will get the Salem when it does. it's the only thing I covet that you can get with coal.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
370
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

2nd container today chose resources and got 15k coal! Is that Super? I think it was!

It should be 17,000 because that's how much a modification module costs and they removed them from SC drops.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
461
[LOU1]
Members
2,890 posts
8,004 battles
7 minutes ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

Some people feel 15K coal is "super". I'm not one of them, though. It's just an "alright" container.

 

I realize most people have coupons, but without them, what can that 15K get you? A ship? Nope. Upgrades? Nope.

Flags? You can take 20 - 40 of some useful flags, but I'd say that 20 - 40 flags is just "alright" & nowhere near the number that would drop in a SC.

Camos? You're not getting any with an XP bonus. You want a few with commander or free xp bonuses, you're in luck, but again, nowhere near the amount that would drop in a SC.

Containers? Okay, this one is decent. You can get 15 of any containers you might need. If you need them, that is.

If patches are your thing, well, you're in luck here. You can get all three!

 

I have no doubt someone will chime in with "It's free stuff", but those are the types of people who'd pi$$ all over themselves like an excited dog if you gave them a free turd, then tell everyone how wonderful the free turd is and all the wonderful things one can do with a free turd.

Ok, let’s say you are saving for Musashi.  You can only count on 1200 coal per day if you (have the time to) earn all three containers.  15k coal represents two weeks of play at 3 containers/day - getting you two weeks closer to your goal.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
461
[LOU1]
Members
2,890 posts
8,004 battles
1 minute ago, w4spl3g said:

It should be 17,000 because that's how much a modification module costs and they removed them from SC drops.

Isn’t it about 13k with the coupon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
363
[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,569 posts
3,740 battles

Well if you were to convert that 15k to the normal resource containers, it's worth about at minimum 10 days worth of the 3 daily resource containers or approximately 30 containers.

 

However the chances of getting a super container every 30 containers is unrealistic.

 

So 15k coal is a nice addition, but if you're already using the resource containers, 15k coal is not an impressive prize 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
272 posts
6,055 battles

Well no coal for me, but I got 7 days premium yesterday. Honestly, I do appreciate the premium time, but it was kinda of a downer. For perspective my two other SC's I've received so far were 50 speed flags and 1500 steel. Looks like the dispersion on SC's is even greater than the 17th century ballistics of some BB's. Maybe the next one will be super.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
581
[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,764 posts
12,435 battles

All it takes is a bit of good fortune happiness to bring out the fuddy duddy party pooper nay sayers to throw a wet blanket over the party. Who put the fly in your Oatmeal? 

If you don't like another's wee bit of Joy then don't comment! Some are never happy about anything unless it is going into their pockets!

From Myself and those who a happy about getting 15k Coal to all yee sticks in the mud! BITE ME!!!!!!!

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,581
[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

I still think 15k coal is still to low as a reward for being super. I think it better if it was in the 20-30k range

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,968
[PVE]
Members
8,893 posts
7,288 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

Some people feel 15K coal is "super". I'm not one of them, though. It's just an "alright" container.

 

I realize most people have coupons, but without them, what can that 15K get you? A ship? Nope. Upgrades? Nope.

Flags? You can take 20 - 40 of some useful flags, but I'd say that 20 - 40 flags is just "alright" & nowhere near the number that would drop in a SC.

Camos? You're not getting any with an XP bonus. You want a few with commander or free xp bonuses, you're in luck, but again, nowhere near the amount that would drop in a SC.

Containers? Okay, this one is decent. You can get 15 of any containers you might need. If you need them, that is.

If patches are your thing, well, you're in luck here. You can get all three!

 

I have no doubt someone will chime in with "It's free stuff", but those are the types of people who'd pi$$ all over themselves like an excited dog if you gave them a free turd, then tell everyone how wonderful the free turd is and all the wonderful things one can do with a free turd.

1 hour ago, w4spl3g said:

It should be 17,000 because that's how much a modification module costs and they removed them from SC drops.

6 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

I still think 15k coal is still to low as a reward for being super. I think it better if it was in the 20-30k range

1 hour ago, ExploratorOne said:

Isn’t it about 13k with the coupon?

This.^^^

The special  upgrade mods are 12,750 with a coupon. That coupon refreshes every patch. So you if use the coupon before Sep 19th, it will be refreshed on Sep 19th when patch 7.9 drops.

 

 

52 minutes ago, zippychippy said:

has anyone gotten a supercontainer with steel yet?

Multiple people have. You get 1,500 steel.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
243
[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
629 posts
1,181 battles
7 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

All it takes is a bit of good fortune happiness to bring out the fuddy duddy party pooper nay sayers to throw a wet blanket over the party. Who put the fly in your Oatmeal? 

If you don't like another's wee bit of Joy then don't comment! Some are never happy about anything unless it is going into their pockets!

From Myself and those who a happy about getting 15k Coal to all yee sticks in the mud! BITE ME!!!!!!!

Are you some sort of snowflake that can't handle a differing opinion? You opened it up to discussion when you asked "Is it super?"

Perhaps your future posts should include a disclaimer stating that replies which contradict your opinion frighten and/or anger you. That way, you're sure to have only like-minded people reply to your posts, and a happy little circljerk can ensue without interruption.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,968
[PVE]
Members
8,893 posts
7,288 battles
Just now, Dr_Wigglespank said:

Are you some sort of snowflake that can't handle a differing opinion? You opened it up to discussion when you asked "Is it super?"

Perhaps your future posts should include a disclaimer stating that replies which contradict your opinion frighten and/or anger you. That way, you're sure to have only like-minded people reply to your posts, and a happy little circljerk can ensue without interruption.

 

2 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

2nd container today chose resources and got 15k coal! Is that Super? I think it was!

See the part I bolded from the OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
243
[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
629 posts
1,181 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

 

See the part I bolded from the OP.

He answered his own question. End of story, is it?

Perhaps he should have tagged every mod & WG employee on the forum to lock his thread, since no more replies were warranted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,968
[PVE]
Members
8,893 posts
7,288 battles
3 minutes ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

He answered his own question. End of story, is it?

Perhaps he should have tagged every mod & WG employee on the forum to lock his thread, since no more replies were warranted.

Whatever floats your boat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
43 posts
2,481 battles

I would say it is special.

 

I haven't seen an SC in months, congrats...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×