You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belyy_Klyk

An Apology to My Ranked Teams

20 comments in this topic

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,950 battles

Kind of a vent post. 

After the chat abuse in 2 games last night I decided to write an apology to any of my teammates who might see. Both of the games were on Sleeping Giant and I play the Grozovoi almost exclusively now in ranked. Both games the people who said the most were at the bottom of the leaderboard and thought I could do a lot more. I am an average player but I do the best that I could in these situations. A dead DD is of no use. A living DD can run to open caps.

Spoiler

I get that people are mad because it is ranked but I would suggest watching the replay of the game if you think a DD purposefully threw a game.

1) To the entire team I am sorry you thought I was the reason we lost the game. I am sorry I destroyed the sole DD on the red team. I am sorry that I was then radared by the Worcester and forced to run. I am sorry that I had to end up on J line with a DM and a Worcester chasing me. I am sorry that I could not destroy all 3 ships and that we lost. Still don’t get how our other 6 ships managed to get steam rolled but I recognize how mad all of you were in chat that your only DD was cornered by 2 radars and we lost by cap points. I did manage to save a star though. What you failed to realize in all your messages during game post game that I ignored was that I removed 3 ships from doing damage to any of you. That is a pretty big impact on the game even though you cannot see it and from the stats screen.

2) To the Zao and Montana. I am sorry you were mad at me for spotting the Worcester, Grozovoi, and Republique for you. I am sorry I was not firing my guns at them from around 9km and that both of you were so mad. I am sorry I gave up on that flank after the Republique was blown up and I saw the Zao give broadside to the red team. I didn’t manage to save a star but I came in second this game. Even though it was my fault for not firing at them from that close. What you fail to realize is a dead DD means your team can’t go and cap the open flag that almost saved the game. I am sorry we lost but if I would’ve opened fire I would’ve gained a couple thousand damage and lost our team points from my death.

TL;DR: both games I tried to survive as long as possible while spotting and doing damage so that if the rest of my team pulled through we would have a chance. People didn’t like it. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,950 battles
20 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

First rule of Ranked, It's always the DD's fault.

So true. I love the challenge of playing them. 

[NOBS]
Members
470 posts
5,384 battles

I've noticed this season that players are trying to win in the first 2 minutes, resulting in losing in the first 2 minutes

I think I've only seen a half dozen battles end on time or points, the rest are ending with 7 sunk boats

[-K_P-]
Members
79 posts
1,661 battles

Bellyy_klyk

I feel for you, when I play Haida, in Random, I get the same [edited] because I sweep around and spot the juicy targets hiding behind islands and out of BB detection range. 

Yeh she is a Haida, so I don't go straight for the caps because she/I cant competently defeat T6-9 DDs, but she can roast Cruisers and Battlewagons with her wandering smoke, especially with the smoke boost captain skill.:cat_paw:

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,769 posts
12,878 battles

I was a BB in a Sleeping Giant match.  Each team had one DD.  Our DD ran to the close cap, capped it, then ran to the other cap...capped it. During these runs, the bulk of the force pushed the enemy's cap.  It was a long drawn out attrition game, but we were up two caps to one.  Our DD held off several enemy ships for a while, but eventually succumbed...losing the A cap.  However, we took the enemy's cap....keeping the two to one advantage.  The game stretched to the end, with the point differential directly mapped to our advantage in caps over the game's duration.

Our DD was at the bottom of the team...score wise.  But in this game, it was his work in first getting those caps...and then in holding off a superior force while we took advantage on the other flank...that was the key to winning the match.  I seldom give karma to the bottom scorer...but he got some from me in this match.

[SAA]
Members
813 posts
26,754 battles
32 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I was a BB in a Sleeping Giant match.  Each team had one DD.  Our DD ran to the close cap, capped it, then ran to the other cap...capped it. During these runs, the bulk of the force pushed the enemy's cap.  It was a long drawn out attrition game, but we were up two caps to one.  Our DD held off several enemy ships for a while, but eventually succumbed...losing the A cap.  However, we took the enemy's cap....keeping the two to one advantage.  The game stretched to the end, with the point differential directly mapped to our advantage in caps over the game's duration.

Our DD was at the bottom of the team...score wise.  But in this game, it was his work in first getting those caps...and then in holding off a superior force while we took advantage on the other flank...that was the key to winning the match.  I seldom give karma to the bottom scorer...but he got some from me in this match.

I was going to say that I was that DD!  But it was a different game.

• Funny 1

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
689 posts
6,093 battles
39 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Excellent post...many times it is just holding off the enemy from taking a cap quickly and your team taking two will win the game even if you are deleted without sinking anything or doing hardly any damage...sometimes a BB just has to be the punching bag for the enemy time delaying and tanking damage while the rest of the team snakes away the cap advantage which puts the enemy on the ropes causing them to force a push instead of controlling the engagement.

"The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." SUN TZU

Come to papa...

[PSP]
Members
6,038 posts
8,580 battles

I've sunk three of the enemy and capped three caps in Ranked, coming in top of my team, and was still blamed for the loss when my teammates all ran to a corner and let the enemy retake the caps. Why? Apparently because I didn't support the BBs (yes, BBs) enough with smoke or "rush into smoke" to flush out enemy DDs.

Not everyone who plays this game is an adult or a mature teenager. I know it's a habit of us older folks (man, when did I start applying that term to myself) to talk about how "back in my day" kids had more responsibilities but it really was so. I was driving tractors, trucks, and combines at age 14 and was serving in the Army at age 18. Now, however, many young people remain children well into their 20s, and they act like children. 

Edited by Snargfargle

[REVY]
Beta Testers
260 posts
1,680 battles

I'm finding there are ALOT of bad DD players in ranked. So in other words no different than randoms. I've just given up on Ranked altogether. 

[REVY]
Beta Testers
260 posts
1,680 battles
28 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Not everyone who plays this game is an adult or a mature teenager. 

You mean players with names like "poopybutthole1" I swear to God I weep for the future of humanity. 

• Funny 1

[-K_P-]
Members
79 posts
1,661 battles
4 minutes ago, firemedic1428 said:

You mean players with names like "poopybutthole1" I swear to God I weep for the future of humanity. 

Then again the internet did vote for a ship to be names Boaty-McBoatface....:Smile_facepalm:

[PSP]
Members
6,038 posts
8,580 battles
3 minutes ago, Crij said:

Then again the internet did vote for a ship to be names Boaty-McBoatface....:Smile_facepalm:

Well, I did rename my "Seagal" commander to this.

worked.jpg.0b5a5507822fc87ccd535a13b8084a9a.jpg

Members
855 posts
3,426 battles
2 hours ago, firemedic1428 said:

I'm finding there are ALOT of bad DD players in ranked. So in other words no different than randoms. I've just given up on Ranked altogether. 

Its not just the DDs, its the BBs to. I have seen pretty good play from most cruisers in ranked thus far, but the others,, throwing. 

[REVY]
Beta Testers
260 posts
1,680 battles
2 hours ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Its not just the DDs, its the BBs to. I have seen pretty good play from most cruisers in ranked thus far, but the others,, throwing. 

I think cruisers is probably the toughest class to well in Ranked so it makes sense good players play them. Yes you have DPM but no armor and no stealth, just large squishy citadels.

[WNSTN]
Members
215 posts
10,240 battles

think i saw you on a stream

[THOR]
Members
80 posts
3,159 battles
On 8/31/2018 at 12:00 PM, Turbotush said:

First rule of Ranked, It's always the DD's fault.

Thanks that was so funny and true. Rush in the cap  with you 5.6k concealment with 3 radar ships that radar to 10k. DD destroyer killed. What a potato dd I will report you.

[-K_P-]
Members
79 posts
1,661 battles
On 8/31/2018 at 2:17 PM, Snargfargle said:

Well, I did rename my "Seagal" commander to this.

worked.jpg.0b5a5507822fc87ccd535a13b8084a9a.jpg

Actually I recently encountered a Boaty-McBoatface as a player's alias.