Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
urk_the_red

Puff-puff pass?... More like puff-puff crash

7 comments in this topic

[RWBY]
Members
225 posts
4,990 battles

‘Twas a beautiful day on the seas for a death match to obtain rank and glory. The crew of the M.Kutuzov (drunk on vodka naturally) steamed ahead in search of the enemy, only to be spotted! They took crossfire from the dastardly reds (not friendly communist red, evil capitalist red). But, the wily Russian captain had a plan, “I shall smoke up,” he says. The ship disappears in a cloud of smoke and the enemy are confounded...

All of a sudden, a “friendly” (friendly like Stalin and Trotsky) BB rams the Kutuzov pushing her out of her protective concealment and back into enemy crossfire! The valiant crew of the Kutuzov fight to the last man but cannot save their ship from the depths.

Seriously though, this happened to me 3 times playing ranked last night. I’ll admit my torpedo trigger finger has been getting itchy. What gives?

• Funny 1

[SPTR]
Members
3,457 posts
5,660 battles

:Smile_facepalm:Those BB captains should know well that smoke will not help them in any way because of their gun bloom.

But then again, as a kutuzov you really can't be the first one being spotted in any situation, you should know that well also

Edited by The_first_harbinger

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,397 battles

@urk_the_red Did you note the names and report them for unsporting conduct and rigging/throwing a battle? If not to bad but next time report them in a support ticket for in game violations.

[RWBY]
Members
225 posts
4,990 battles

Oh I wasn’t the first one spotted in any instance. (Not for these, I did blow it one game pushing too aggressively) that said I was aggressively trying to use the smoke for area denial.

[RWBY]
Members
225 posts
4,990 battles
1 minute ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@urk_the_red Did you note the names and report them for unsporting conduct and rigging/throwing a battle? If not to bad but next time report them in a support ticket for in game violations.

I think next time I will. At the time I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, but it just kept happening, different games, different BB captains. I just don’t know what they were thinking.

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,602 posts
13,171 battles
14 minutes ago, urk_the_red said:

I think next time I will. At the time I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, but it just kept happening, different games, different BB captains. I just don’t know what they were thinking.

Well I think  There's only about 10% decent players in this game anymore the rest well you gotta carry and expect bad play out of them

Members
3,293 posts
7,966 battles

Ranked attracts BB playing noobs and noobs are going to noob.

If they're so dumb or rude enough to car-jack their teammate's smoke then they're probably not on the ball enough to have a clue about what their detection range is in smoke when they fire their guns.

At best, it's 15.1 km in smoke for North Carolina, as an example. Detection on pretty much all T8 BBs in smoke, firing main guns, roughly bracket within the range of 15 to 16 km, depending on the ship and the build. Unless a BB is going into a smoke cloud ONLY to pause, go dark to mitigate incoming focused fire on their ship, waiting for damage control to come of cool-down and repair they not doing anything productive or smart. 

Edited by lemekillmister

Sign in to follow this