Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

PSA: Remembrance Night Skin for USS Helena mission requirement

35 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,122
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,105 posts
18,622 battles

That is much easier then I thought:

Complete 20 daily Chains of combat missions

Reward: Permanent camouflage for cruiser Helena

140c19e2-a52c-11e8-bd29-38eaa7374f3c.png

Those are the missions for the daily rewards. If you can spare the time you need only 10 days for the reward.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
161
[SVF]
Members
859 posts
1,277 battles
8 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

That is much easier then I thought:

Complete 20 daily Chains of combat missions

Reward: Permanent camouflage for cruiser Helena

140c19e2-a52c-11e8-bd29-38eaa7374f3c.png

Those are the missions for the daily rewards. If you can spare the time you need only 10 days for the reward.

Easier, yet still more grinding.  I got tired of playing every day during the Go Navy event, might just outright buy the camo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,731 posts
5,464 battles

To add to this, the part 1 of each daily challenge is easily done in randoms/ranked, whereas part 2 is a breeze in operations.(easier to get wins in ops)

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,122
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,105 posts
18,622 battles
25 minutes ago, landcollector said:

Easier, yet still more grinding.  I got tired of playing every day during the Go Navy event, might just outright buy the camo.

Seeing all the other marathons and missions for ships we had I didn't consider this a grind. Within 20 days you just need about 5-7 co op missions per day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
598
[HYDRO]
Members
1,305 posts
3,661 battles

On the other hand, it pisses me off quite a bit why WG can't follow on what they said about the contest, namely this part (by the way the link of the page is missing from NA, you can only find it in EU and SEA):

Quote
  • The winning Camouflage will be obtainable for all players through the completion of an in-game mission chain.
  • All players who submitted a design will get early access to the mission chain.

I don't mind doing the missions normally for the camo, but at least be clear about it next time. I spent a few hours to do a camo, it was fun and interesting to do so, but at least follow through with what you stated...

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
161
[SVF]
Members
859 posts
1,277 battles
2 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Seeing all the other marathons and missions for ships we had I didn't consider this a grind. Within 20 days you just need about 5-7 co op missions per day.

*shrugs*

It's not a whole lot of time per day, true, but it's still ~20 hrs of play over 3 weeks for a 19.28 USD camo.  More efficient for me to just buy it outright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,122
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,105 posts
18,622 battles
2 minutes ago, landcollector said:

*shrugs*

It's not a whole lot of time per day, true, but it's still ~20 hrs of play over 3 weeks for a 19.28 USD camo.  More efficient for me to just buy it outright.

That's only true if you need to spend the time working instead of playing the game. Since I only work 39 hours per week and the rest of the time is free, I can get the 4k gold back I spend on the camo already. And no, I don't need a second job.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
161
[SVF]
Members
859 posts
1,277 battles
1 minute ago, Erebthoron said:

That's only true if you need to spend the time working instead of playing the game. Since I only work 39 hours per week and the rest of the time is free, I can get the 4k gold back I spend on the camo already. And no, I don't need a second job.  

Okay?  I said nothing about your situation, I was just stating my likely path to the camo.  I don't want to play every day for a month again, that's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,680
[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,912 battles

I am gone for the first two weeks of this month. I don't think this is going to be possible unless I play like hell every night that I'm back and complete both chains every night. Alternatively, cruise ship wi-fi is ruinously expensive, and buying it might be the better option.

I mean, the conditions to win are really very fair, and most people who play every night should be able to walk it in. But like the Aigle marathon, the timing for me is... awkward.

We shall see.

 

ETA: Although hang on, this isn't for THE PATCH, it's for THE MONTH. Until the 30th. Yeah, I think I can do that. By grinding the Dallas, LOL.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
307
[BNKR]
Members
644 posts
659 battles
1 hour ago, landcollector said:

Easier, yet still more grinding.  I got tired of playing every day during the Go Navy event, might just outright buy the camo.

I bought it. It looks fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
112
[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
615 posts
7,709 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

On the other hand, it pisses me off quite a bit why WG can't follow on what they said about the contest, namely this part (by the way the link of the page is missing from NA, you can only find it in EU and SEA):

I don't mind doing the missions normally for the camo, but at least be clear about it next time. I spent a few hours to do a camo, it was fun and interesting to do so, but at least follow through with what you stated...

I specifically remember that note about the early access as well (despite having absolutely no artistic skill myself).  Hopefully you got anything else promised from it.

I haven't found these mission chains to be too bad, provided you have the time to log in during the time frame as the others stated.  Maybe they could get something of a discount if you have X number of missions done to take off the doubloon cost?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
98
[-S-R-]
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
209 posts
1,417 battles
2 hours ago, GhostSwordsman said:

To add to this, the part 1 of each daily challenge is easily done in randoms/ranked, whereas part 2 is a breeze in operations.(easier to get wins in ops)

Unless they changed it for September ranked isn't listed as a supported mode for the dailies right now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
598
[HYDRO]
Members
1,305 posts
3,661 battles
35 minutes ago, Optio_Praetorii said:

I specifically remember that note about the early access as well (despite having absolutely no artistic skill myself).  Hopefully you got anything else promised from it.

I haven't found these mission chains to be too bad, provided you have the time to log in during the time frame as the others stated.  Maybe they could get something of a discount if you have X number of missions done to take off the doubloon cost?

To be honest I don't mind not getting the camo early. The cruiser split gave me loads of duplicate camos, new ships, credits. But since WG set a rule for themselves for having people who submitted designs get an early start and they haven't corrected or made any further clarifications, I expect to see it.  And while the people who submitted designs were few (I think 700-800 across all servers) I feel they should get what was described and stated.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
265
[RKN]
Beta Testers
933 posts
8,744 battles
3 hours ago, GhostSwordsman said:

(easier to get wins in ops)

You must be playing with the right people. I’ve been put on some pretty bad ops teams lately. When coupled with the increased difficulty of operations it results in 20 minutes waisted time for rewards less than a 8 min co-op game.

Edited by SavageTactical
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
753 posts
10 battles
2 hours ago, landcollector said:

*shrugs*

It's not a whole lot of time per day, true, but it's still ~20 hrs of play over 3 weeks for a 19.28 USD camo.  More efficient for me to just buy it outright.

And that is how Wargaming designs these events. They dangle something nice and shiny behind a huge grind wall knowing a large percentage of the players are just going to pay to skip the grind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,680
[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,912 battles
9 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

a huge grind wall

Please.

The Indianapolis Marathon was a huge grind wall. North Cape was a bigger one. Some of the permanent campaigns are bigger still, especially if you don't have that many T8 ships you can rotate.

This? Is not. I am a seal-potato hybrid, and were it not for being about to go on holiday for two weeks, I would still be looking at a dead-easy 4000 doubloon (IIRC) custom camo, free, just for doing what I love. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,944
[PVE]
Members
8,818 posts
7,254 battles
21 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

hello guys, where's the link? what are you talking about? lol

Evidently, there was a contest for players to submit a camo design for Helena. The perma-camo will be available via daily mission chains that you complete. Evidently, the people who entered are getting early access to the missions and put out a PSA to the others who entered. If I'm right, the rest of us will get a news article soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
258
[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Evidently, there was a contest for players to submit a camo design for Helena. The perma-camo will be available via daily mission chains that you complete. Evidently, the people who entered are getting early access to the missions and put out a PSA to the others who entered. If I'm right, the rest of us will get a news article soon.

ok thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
112
[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
615 posts
7,709 battles

Hey @Happy668 it's a few sections down under "Daily Challenge."  You'll see the Helena award under the Hard tab.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/september-missions/

Hopefully they put a bit more advertisement out.  They've done these mission chains before, however the "Hard" prize is usually a few dragon type flags - this one's a bit more valuable :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,122
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,105 posts
18,622 battles
32 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

hello guys, where's the link? what are you talking about? lol

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/september-missions/

Got to Daily Challenge hard

2 hours ago, Optio_Praetorii said:

I specifically remember that note about the early access as well (despite having absolutely no artistic skill myself).  Hopefully you got anything else promised from it.

I haven't found these mission chains to be too bad, provided you have the time to log in during the time frame as the others stated.  Maybe they could get something of a discount if you have X number of missions done to take off the doubloon cost?

I think they had something else in mind to get the camo when they said this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
598
[HYDRO]
Members
1,305 posts
3,661 battles
1 minute ago, Erebthoron said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/september-missions/

Got to Daily Challenge hard

I think they had something else in mind to get the camo when they said this.

I opened up a ticket with Support asking for clarification, will post the response I get here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
258
[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts

anyone got the picture of the camo? unless it looks really good, i don't know i want to get the helena at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
753 posts
10 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Please.

The Indianapolis Marathon was a huge grind wall. North Cape was a bigger one. Some of the permanent campaigns are bigger still, especially if you don't have that many T8 ships you can rotate.

This? Is not. I am a seal-potato hybrid, and were it not for being about to go on holiday for two weeks, I would still be looking at a dead-easy 4000 doubloon (IIRC) custom camo, free, just for doing what I love. 

What may seem easy for you may be a huge grind wall for someone else. To get all the cool new shinies you have to work at WOWS like it is a second job or pay money for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×