You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
1Sherman

This may be a stupid question, but...

13 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
4,715 posts
2,408 battles

I'm currently downloading the test server, but I know from past experience in trying to do so that I'll need to make a Russian account in order to actually go on the test server once it's downloaded. The problem here is that I've always been far too worried that if I make a new account, it will mess up my old account in some way or, worst case scenario, replace it entirely. Therefore, I ask you all this: How do I set up my test server account so that it doesn't interfere with my regular account in any way whatsoever? Thank you in advance for any help I may get.

Alpha Tester
4,715 posts
2,408 battles
29 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

You register using the same email as your regular account from the PT 7.9 round 1 news article then download the Test Client. Although it is on the EU/RU server it is completely separate from your regular account game client.

That seems to have worked except for one thing: I had to use a different email and username to make my test server account because apparently, my old email does not exist or some such (even though it's the one attached to my regular account).

[BRZKR]
[BRZKR]
Members
412 posts
20 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

That seems to have worked except for one thing: I had to use a different email and username to make my test server account because apparently, my old email does not exist or some such (even though it's the one attached to my regular account).

It has to be the same email. If it isn't, you will not get the PTS reward.

Members
705 posts

Use same email as on NA server and you'll be fine.

PTS is a global server, which is why you need to create an account, but you can use all the same login info to create.

In fact, you need to use your regular email so you can claim rewards.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,430 battles

@1Sherman if the email your NA client is registered under then that NA account should not work at all. Also if the PT 7.9 is registered under a different email you will not get the PT test rewards. 

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

You register using the same email as your regular account from the PT 7.9 round 1 news article then download the Test Client. Although it is on the EU/RU server it is completely separate from your regular account game client.

Your supposed to so you can get the rewards however the PT register “will not” except my hotmail account I registered with here at Wows.. it will except my gmail... but will not get any rewards so I stopped doing PT

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,430 battles

@HMCS_Devilfish what sense is there to do the PT if you cant register under your NA account email unless one just likes t see what is coming and doesn't care about the rewards. I do the PT since I have plenty of time and enjoy the opportunity to give input on the new stuff. It beats coming o the forum and whining give me this give me that malarkey!

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
15 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@HMCS_Devilfish what sense is there to do the PT if you cant register under your NA account email unless one just likes t see what is coming and doesn't care about the rewards. I do the PT since I have plenty of time and enjoy the opportunity to give input on the new stuff. It beats coming o the forum and whining give me this give me that malarkey!

No sense for me ..I tried it for a few months  to see what’s up and coming but found it... a grind .. and because of no rewards , stopped

I’ll leave it to players like you if yea do it  to let me know the up and comings

I rarely whine here ... Malarkey is more my Quirky sense of humor I suppose

YO HO HO AND A BOTTLE OF RUM:Smile_bajan2:

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,758 posts
12,430 battles

@HMCS_Devilfish I am happy to the test and hope to Super Test someday but I'm not one to give away what I learn from a test other than to say whether good or bad. 

Malarkey = Bull Crap such as many of the whiners bring to the forum. Quirky humor is enjoyed.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,505 posts
7,374 battles
2 hours ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Your supposed to so you can get the rewards however the PT register “will not” except my hotmail account I registered with here at Wows.. it will except my gmail... but will not get any rewards so I stopped doing PT

Why not just change your NA account to your Gmail?  Problem solved.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
10 minutes ago, OtterWolf said:

Why not just change your NA account to your Gmail?  Problem solved.

I certainly could do that but now with the new Meta of coal, steel,tokens, campaigns, collections I got enough rewards, flags to do me, I enjoy the game and my priorities have changed since the old days.. gotta go play some ranked :Smile_smile:

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
2 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@HMCS_Devilfish I am happy to the test and hope to Super Test someday but I'm not one to give away what I learn from a test other than to say whether good or bad. 

Malarkey = Bull Crap such as many of the whiners bring to the forum. Quirky humor is enjoyed.

No what yea mean about giving away knowledge am playing my Yeuyang in ranked at the moment have had ok mediocre play in this ship in Random but couldn’t find the right play style

so I changed it for rank and discovered with some radical ship changes it’s awesome. But will keep it to myself for now :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1