Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Eisennagel

Chloe and Ilyasviel Prisma event at FGO

3 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
9,029 posts

JLmLCcJ.png

Doing the loli... I mean the Ilya and Chloe event, and it didn't help that I started late.    Going to be another long laborious , excampaign with ever increasingly hard bosses.

Can't help but feel that Saber Artoria is struggling increasingly and has outlived her usefulness for my party.   It may not be wise to invest on her further.   I need a new XP investment strategy, especially for a Servant with a much more powerful Noble Phantasm.

Beta Testers
9,029 posts

Darn pretty brutal event but I finally got Chloe von Einzburn as the event reward but had to rely on borrowing Level 80-90 servants from others.  I don't know if I would be lucky enough to roll for Illyasviel.  Oh darn there is still an epilogue stage.   Survived with Jeanne d'Arc and Swimsuit/Archer Artoria.

Cu vs. mini-Cu and MedB for an Irish mythology vs. Irish mythology battle.

Beta Testers
9,029 posts

Success and disappointment at the very end of the event.  

I managed to clear every obstacle, including bosses with 1.35 million HP.

But I cannot clear the last which is to ascend Chloe Von Eizenberg three times.  What kind of F*king mission requirement is that?  I can't level her because it appears I have reached my maximum quota of getting the four star EXP cards that is used to leveling the Servants (wth there is a weekly quota on that?) after I have used up much of mine and the new ones I have earned upgrading my squad to trying to beat back all the crazy bosses at the second part of the event, like the Four Magical Gentlemen (Giles, Cu, Blackbeard and Phantom) and the new magical girl Testament.   

My strategy is essentially to borrow maxed Chloe's from my friends list because she has a very powerful Noble Phantasm that can do hundreds of thousands in damage even if she's a four star.   The trick is to gain not just one, but all the Chloe cards in the event which drops all five because you can take all the extra cards and merge them to the card you are using to take the Noble Phantasm to the next level, until it is maxed at 5.   This is something hard to do with four and five star Servants due to their rarity, but much easier to do with much more available three star Servants.   Hence I labored as hard as binge playing into the middle of the nights trying to get all five cards because you won't have an opportunity to get five four star cards for free.   With maxed Noble Phantasm, that makes Chloe exceptionally powerful for a Servant, even over five stars and this is something I would need going into the game in the future if events are going to be as tough as this.  

At the end, kudos to the crisp writing for the visual novel like chapters of the game and the excellent localization of the dialog that breathes life to the characters so that I would rather spend more time grinding the event than watch the latest release of Attack on Titans episode.  The event is an excellent blend of darkness, the children storybook surreal quality, yet filled with humor and shots fired at otaku pop culture.

Sadly, Miyu and Testament are not available for the throws.  I spent 6000 quartz and no more, trying to see my luck on getting Illyasviel and MedB, but to no avail.  There is no point in getting more four and five stars when I don't have enough ascension and leveling material for them, and available resources must be spent focused on the very best possible I have on hand.  

The next event might be a week from now.  I may try my luck getting the Bride Nero again.  But for now I will give FGO a rest and go back to my other regular games.  I have been waiting for Operation Dynamo to be back on WoWs and try out some destroyers here.

Sign in to follow this