Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Otters, Nature's Squeaky Toy

12 comments in this topic

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,338 posts
3,646 battles

I have yet to eat otter. Ate pretty much everything there is to eat. Kangaroo, alligator, rattlesnake, elk, antelope, rabbit, muskrat(good GOD that smells), ostrich, quail, duck, etc etc.

But no otter yet. Or seal or whale. (I get enough seals here. And both that and whale are just.. unethical IMO). Pretty much most of the african stuff I shy away from too.

I'm suddenly hungry.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Members
150 posts
10 battles

destructive little creatures. i  would relocate or trap everyone that gets in my pond.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,316 posts
3,662 battles

No otter thread is complete without this gif.

angry-otter-gif.gif.a15fd9d6835c70fafdfe5f14b9bd8749.gif

Edited by warheart1992
  • Funny 1

[PSP]
Members
6,038 posts
8,582 battles
6 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

I have yet to eat otter. Ate pretty much everything there is to eat. Kangaroo, alligator, rattlesnake, elk, antelope, rabbit, muskrat(good GOD that smells), ostrich, quail, duck, etc etc.

But no otter yet. Or seal or whale. (I get enough seals here. And both that and whale are just.. unethical IMO). Pretty much most of the african stuff I shy away from too.

I'm suddenly hungry.

One of my organismal biology instructors said that his goal in life was to eat one member of every Major taxon on earth. The list of things he had eaten was quite impressive. When doing my grad research I ate some rats. Of course, North American native rats are only distant cousins of the Norway and black rat. Cotton rats graze on forbs and are not a whole lot different to a squirrel in taste. Kangaroo rats actually have light-colored meat, similar to rabbit, and are quite good. I haven't eaten any of the Carnivora though. When I was stationed in Louisiana the post just bought meat locally. Apparently there were no chicken farms nearby because we never had chicken. We had rabbit and frogs legs every week though.

I was just reading about the blue whale last night. Before they began to be hunted with the modern harpoon in the late 1800s their population was estimated to be 300,000. By 1970, there were only 2000 left in each of the three groups. Fortunately, populations have rebounded somewhat but the species still faces the problem of having gone through a major genetic bottleneck.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,958 posts
2,203 battles

Otter pup is looking for the milkbar.  He probably hasn't been weaned yet.  One of the cutest critters on earth, and possibly the one guaranteed to drive you crazy fastest.

Unethical to eat.

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,338 posts
3,646 battles
8 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Unethical to eat.

but...but.... oh fine then.

[PSP]
Members
6,038 posts
8,582 battles
11 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Unethical to eat.

chow (n.)

1. "Food," originally especially "Chinese food," from Cantonese chaau "to fry, cook."

2. The edible dog breed of the same name. 

If you're hungry enough anything is fair game. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donner_Party

Edited by Snargfargle

[WOLF3]
Members
5,958 posts
2,203 battles

So does that make it ethical to eat humans? 

Members
1,508 posts
659 battles
16 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Otter pup is looking for the milkbar.  He probably hasn't been weaned yet.  One of the cutest critters on earth,

Until you watch one eat, then you go "yep, that's a predator".

Still wouldn't eat one.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,958 posts
2,203 battles

Has your wifi reception been a little flaky of late?

Some truly meme-able moments in this one.

Sign in to follow this