You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
devilarmor

1 on 1 competition / ranked

24 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
9 posts
8,600 battles

hello, Is there a possibility that a 1 on 1,  or  2 on 2 , or 3 on 3 ( based on class and tier ) competition  / ranked battle will be held in the future ?

*CVs shouldnot allow to join in small group ranked battle or maybe do in "all cvs"  ranked battle 

[VW]
Members
1,819 posts
12,265 battles
14 minutes ago, devilarmor said:

hello, Is there a possibility that a 1 on 1,  or  2 on 2 , or 3 on 3 ( based on class and tier ) competition  / ranked battle will be held in the future ?

*CVs shouldnot allow to join in small group ranked battle or maybe do in "all cvs"  ranked battle 

This already exists. Play tier 1 or 2 around 10-16h gmt and you will get what you seek.

Edited by monpetitloup

Beta Testers
9 posts
8,600 battles
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

This already exists. Play tier 1 or 2 around 10-16h gmt and you will get what you seek.

i mean the tier 8 < ranked battle, but its for 1, or 2, or 3 participants

• Bad 1

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,694 battles

I'd be up for 1 on 1 but potatoes would never go for it.  They need to rely on the excuse of being able to blame the rest of the team for the loss.  It would be too devastating to their paradigm if they saw how they performed one on one.

• Bad 3

Members
587 posts

Blame the spud again !

I would very much enjoy the opportunity for 1VS 1Naval Combat....

Even have suggested this before in posts.   

#potatoesmatter

Edited by Toxic_Potato

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

Do a 1v1 and you get a worcester vs a shim... whose gonna win that one? Or a yang with a Conq?

The benefits of a team is to counter the counter to you

Members
587 posts

This has been talked about in the past.  I absolutely think that it would be very popular.  Search also for Thunderdome.  

I like it as a training aid. Also as quick fun. Initially DD vs DD.  Put into a Cap with various Landscapes.  Then yes try a Ranked season. A lot of players have trouble with DDs in knife fights. Many players would like a quick game in between other activities. If the DD vs DD is popular then let players drop a CA or BB into the Cap.

I would play this all day ! 

[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,499 battles

I’ve played 1 on 1 a couple of times a long time ago in tier 1

also in my Murmansk V once a long time ago, don’t think it’s possible anymore ... I’m game  ... no radar though

Members
1,230 posts
20,572 battles
4 hours ago, VGLance said:

I'd be up for 1 on 1 but potatoes would never go for it.  They need to rely on the excuse of being able to blame the rest of the team for the loss.  It would be too devastating to their paradigm if they saw how they performed one on one.

I think it would be great.  Have it open for any ship in the tier, or specific for one type vs another type, or class vs class.  I only have a couple of ships I do well in but would sure like to give this a whirl.  Make it an opt in category like coop or ranked or scenarios or whatever.  Keep track of the records and see what happens.  Sometimes you're gonna get disassembled really quickly.  Sometimes not.

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,694 battles
4 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

I think it would be great.  Have it open for any ship in the tier, or specific for one type vs another type, or class vs class.  I only have a couple of ships I do well in but would sure like to give this a whirl.  Make it an opt in category like coop or ranked or scenarios or whatever.  Keep track of the records and see what happens.  Sometimes you're gonna get disassembled really quickly.  Sometimes not.

More content never hurts.  If you build it, they will come. Especially when missions/tasks/challenges and other incentives are attached.

Members
753 posts
10 battles
4 hours ago, VGLance said:

Could you imagine the crying that would go on if someone dared to bring a premium into 1v1.

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
328 posts
4,076 battles

WoT used to(still?) have weekly and monthly tournaments with all different set ups. 3v3, 5v5 etc. At all different tiers. They used to give out gold to winners but now with steel and coal it would be nice to have something like that available for WOWS.

You could even have 1v1 set ups if you wanted. I would restrict it to types however. Ca vs ca, dd vs dd.

[TURDS]
Members
552 posts
3,604 battles
17 minutes ago, VGLance said:

More content never hurts.  If you build it, they will come. Especially when missions/tasks/challenges and other incentives are attached.

Exactly^ Call it 'Shootout' or something. A modification to MM would take care of it. It could be done between ranked seasons. Rewards would need to be worked out so it's not excessively farm-able. The nature of what the rewards are is also a question. might be wise to put a daily limit/per account on it too.

9 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

I want to take on a Yamato in a V-25.  Might take all day but I think I could sink her.

Death by paper cuts. 

2 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

Could you imagine the crying that would go on if someone dared to bring a premium into 1v1.

Easily fixed by MM; only premium vs premium allowed. Exact ship matches also solves that problem. It would however, be interesting to see, say, top ranked Kutuzov's vs top ranked Atago's just to see the statistical results.

Members
587 posts

A lot of options. Previously a Poster had an idea for a true free setup. At the beginning:

Fight Announcer: Welcome to the Main Event featuring  “Toxic Potato “ VS Curly San. Toxic is in the Permo Cam Benson and Curly San is in Halloween Yuelyang. This fight brought to you by .....

10 second YouTube like commercial 

Fight Bell rings.....

you are dropped into a cap st one end and your unseen opponent is at the other

Game on. Bring whatever ship u want. The statistics may give the devs more info for leveling ships. 

The Poster went into detail about how to do the voice overs and when the names would come out wildly off. 

My point is this is a GREAT idea that has lotsa options. WOWs needs a shorter time version and this is definitely the best idea I have heard yet

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
1,816 posts
10,709 battles

Spend the roughly same amount of server resources serving only two players, or 24? Hmm. Why do I think I know what WG (or any other company) would say? 

Members
1,230 posts
20,572 battles
4 hours ago, chewonit said:

Spend the roughly same amount of server resources serving only two players, or 24? Hmm. Why do I think I know what WG (or any other company) would say? 

Would that really be a limiting factor?  I have no idea what excess capacity WG has available, if any.  But wouldn't a server running a battle for 2 ships use less computing power than a battle with 24 ships?  1/12 the calculations I suppose.  Just wondering what the answer is.

[CLAN]
Beta Testers
203 posts
10,871 battles
33 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Would that really be a limiting factor?  I have no idea what excess capacity WG has available, if any.  But wouldn't a server running a battle for 2 ships use less computing power than a battle with 24 ships?  1/12 the calculations I suppose.  Just wondering what the answer is.

It would be more than. 1/12. Rendering the map, water, etc would take a certain amount of processor and memory and there is also overhead for every game. That’s why there’s a limited number of training rooms available. 

Members
1,230 posts
20,572 battles
13 minutes ago, Mik6669 said:

That’s why there’s a limited number of training rooms available. 

Yea I guess that's the big clue.  Well, that sucks.

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
184 posts
3,054 battles
12 hours ago, VGLance said:

I'll 1 v 1 you... Can I use my Des Moines?

On the topic. I think it would be fun to add some kind of smaller fight, like a quick match if you would. Maybe with just one cap circle to contest.

Edited by Stand_Alone97

[FAE]
Members
2,116 posts
2,507 battles

This should be a forum duel option. Best out of 5. Pick any boat you want. Optional: Pick tiers. 

[PIZZA]
[PIZZA]
Supertester
913 posts
17,924 battles

I would be up for a 1v1....but....not with the current maps.  New, smaller maps would have to be designed for it.  The current maps are far too large for a 1v1 battle as we see at the lower tiers at certain times.  New maps with one cap in the center of the battle zone.  I don't know how large to make the map but a 20 or 25 mile radius around the center cap zone sounds close.  20 minute time limit may also be too long......might have to be lowered to 15 mins.  Just thoughts on it but with the current system, 1v1 may not work.

[SBD]
[SBD]
Members
226 posts
3,213 battles

I would definitely be up for 1v1 or even 3v3 divs, kinda a CB type thing with a 3 person div.