You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Styrkyr

Harugumo Question

6 comments in this topic

Members
117 posts
6,785 battles

Quick question for you all out there,

I've got the Kitikaze, grinding my way towards the Hairygumbo now. Up till this point I've been the KhabaKiller gunboat build, (BFT/DE/AFT/IFHE), but since the update, is it still necessary to run IFHE on it? I know that it can now pen 32mm armor without it, but does it make it any better / reduce the number of shatters by running it now? The table that I normally look up doesn't have the upgraded 100mm gun IFHE armor thresholds updated on it yet. If not, I'd love to swap IFHE out for CE. Anyone have an answer for this?

Edited by Styrkyr

[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles
5 minutes ago, Styrkyr said:

but since the update, is it still necessary to run IFHE on it? I know that it can now pen 32mm armor without it,

You need IFHE to pen 32mm.

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
554 posts
5,100 battles
7 minutes ago, Styrkyr said:

Quick question for you all out there,

I've got the Kitikaze, grinding my way towards the Hairygumbo now. Up till this point I've been the KhabaKiller gunboat build, (BFT/DE/AFT/IFHE), but since the update, is it still necessary to run IFHE on it? I know that it can now pen 32mm armor without it, but does it make it any better / reduce the number of shatters by running it now? The table that I normally look up doesn't have the upgraded 100mm gun IFHE armor thresholds updated on it yet. If not, I'd love to swap IFHE out for CE. Anyone have an answer for this?

With a ships such as Haru, DE is not actually really need because the amount of shells its putting out. But it does need ifhe to pen 32mm armor still.

Members
117 posts
6,785 battles

I thought that they recently updated it so that with Akizuki/Kitikaze/Harugumo could pen 32mm armor without IFHE?

[SCREW]
Members
538 posts
5,463 battles
5 minutes ago, Styrkyr said:

know that it can now pen 32mm armor without it

This is incorrect, as far as I know, they changed the HE pen on those 100mms from 1/6 to 1/4 of caliber, so you have 25mm pen without IFHE so you can pen up to 24mm plate without IFHE.

Members
117 posts
6,785 battles

Ah, ok, thanks for clearing that up. So best to stick with my current gunboat build.