You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WestPac_CG22

Question about Credits

11 comments in this topic

[NNA]
Members
139 posts
5,245 battles

So I've been modifying the cost of my consumables using credits instead of doubloons and noticed that I was losing credits after battles instead of gaining them. So I changed them again to kind of a half-way credit and doubloon cost, but noticed that on some ships, even if I have a great game, I still lose credits or barely make any credits. I noticed the amount received, but also noticed that the amount spent was almost as high as what I earned. I opened the drop down and noticed that under spent is an item called Service and that the cost for my Dallas was -77,040 credits. I just played the Cleveland and noticed the service for that ship was _32,000 credits. 

My question is: Why is the cost for ship service so high? Is there something I missed when supplying my ship? I have signals, but those are either paid for with doubloons or from the stock that I already have. Again, my consumables for the Dallas are all the free and paid for by doubloons. Don't really have a beef or anything, just curious and wondering if some ships are maybe just not worth playing if I may end up losing credits instead of earning them. 

2018-08-30 (2).png

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,301 posts
11,393 battles

Way back when like patch 2.3 or so. They made a predetermined cost to take ship out of port.

It used to be cost was associated with damage taken. And was unfair to higher tier ships when the battleships would sit in the back to avoid taking damage and for a tier 10 making it impossible, even with premium account, to break even.. 

So now, if your ship takes no damage, or is sunk, the fee to sail it out of port is the same. 

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,879 battles

It was around Update 0.5.16.0 I think that the Service Fee became standard. Basically what happen was that Battleships would like to snipe and avoid damage so they would pay less so WG made it so that you would have to always pay and that changed nothing with how Battleships play. Depending on how well you play, eventually Service Fee's become forgettable because you reach a point where you make enough to gain money and pay for service. At least, that is how I am because I got the ships I want.

• Cool 1

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
3,978 posts
9,855 battles
3 minutes ago, WestPac_CG22 said:

Is there something I missed when supplying my ship?

No you did not miss anything .  Service costs is always the same win or lose .  It can only be mitigated by flags or clan bonus's . The higher the tier the higher the service cost  . This is WoWs way of either making you spend money for doubloons (after all the are company and so have to make money to continue exist) or play lower tiers to finance your higher tier play . And also as posted above . 

Hope this helps you understand .

:Smile_honoring:

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
3,301 posts
11,393 battles

By the way, you ate using real money the worst way.

Resupplying consumables with credit is much smarter.

If your credit poor, play with standard consumables, they are free.

Do more damage = more credit income.

Do damage to higher tier ships = more credit income.

Do a higher % of damage of ships total hp = more credit income.

Hope this helps. 

• Cool 1

[NNA]
Members
139 posts
5,245 battles

Thanks everyone! That does explain things and it looks like I'll have to adjust the way I outfit my ships for a bit.

[SCREW]
Members
59 posts
2,171 battles

If you have a prem ship you can play that to get the credits you need for consumables. I find operations with normal consumables to be good for credit gain as well. I almost always use premium consumables except in operations and catapult fighters. If you don't have a premium ship save free xp for one of those. 

[NNA]
Members
139 posts
5,245 battles

I've got a few premium ships that I play. The Atlanta, Indianapolis, Monaghan, Blyskawica and the Katori. I do pretty good on the Atlanta, the Monaghan and the Blyskawica.

[VW]
Members
1,811 posts
12,262 battles
1 hour ago, WestPac_CG22 said:

So I've been modifying the cost of my consumables using credits instead of doubloons and noticed that I was losing credits after battles instead of gaining them. So I changed them again to kind of a half-way credit and doubloon cost, but noticed that on some ships, even if I have a great game, I still lose credits or barely make any credits. I noticed the amount received, but also noticed that the amount spent was almost as high as what I earned. I opened the drop down and noticed that under spent is an item called Service and that the cost for my Dallas was -77,040 credits. I just played the Cleveland and noticed the service for that ship was _32,000 credits. 

My question is: Why is the cost for ship service so high? Is there something I missed when supplying my ship? I have signals, but those are either paid for with doubloons or from the stock that I already have. Again, my consumables for the Dallas are all the free and paid for by doubloons. Don't really have a beef or anything, just curious and wondering if some ships are maybe just not worth playing if I may end up losing credits instead of earning them. 

2018-08-30 (2).png

The cost is so high because hey want people like you to spend dubloons (real money) to buy stuff in game. Personally i would never spend dubloons on these things because dubloons are so much more valuable. Buy premium camo for your tier 10 ships, you will no longer need to pay repair costs assuming you have a decent game. Use dubloons to buy a premium ship such as sharnhorst, roma with toilet paper roll camo, or to convert free xp when they offer 35 for 1 to buy musashi or Kronstadt, then play those ships to earn silver. You should always have a large silver reserve to finance occasional losses in high tier games.

[CAST]
Members
1,393 posts
5,775 battles

In addition to the excellent advice & explanations you've received above, I see from your stats that you are primarily a Co-op player.  There is nothing at all wrong with that, just understand going in that it's much harder to rack up high damage (and therefore XP/credit) games in PvE than it is in PvP battles. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,539 posts
3,731 battles

You're playing co op, so that's why your credit income is rather low when playing high tier ships like the Cleveland, but it seems you were using a tier 9 ship since a 72k service cost with a -20% reduction is 90k base service cost which is a tier 9 ship service cost in co op battles.

Ease up on the premium consumables as you don't need them at all for co op battles except for maybe damage control party II