Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

DoY Toe to Toe with two T9 BBs

9 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,775 posts
12,891 battles

....I survived with some help.  But had some permanent damage that sort of marred my beautiful snow camo.

dy1.thumb.jpg.9b1fccf0c1569759cc67dc90c7bf9d65.jpg

dy2.thumb.jpg.59d65938983af5605a2a814f21f55f9e.jpg

• Cool 3

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

Looks like those dam* gunners used the barbecue grill again against commander's orders.... :cap_fainting:

• Funny 2

[VW]
Members
1,832 posts
12,276 battles

When running and maneuvering she can survive such an ordeal. I guess you have ar or with one turret less that is quite a feat!

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,757 battles

Lol and it would have to be the quad gun turret instead of the dual gun turret that gets knocked out. But still sounds like impressive fight! Love my DOY and she serves me well.

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
292 posts
4,947 battles

At first I hated the Doy, but I took her out for a few games recently and she put up some pretty damn impressive numbers!  She leaves port much more often now

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,524 posts
3,515 battles

Seems like the KGV seems the DoY have really weak turrets, mine get knocked out regularly and I see them getting knocked out

Members
753 posts
10 battles
9 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

....I survived with some help.  But had some permanent damage that sort of marred my beautiful snow camo.

dy1.thumb.jpg.9b1fccf0c1569759cc67dc90c7bf9d65.jpg

dy2.thumb.jpg.59d65938983af5605a2a814f21f55f9e.jpg

I hate the graphic for the knocked out turret, it gives me flashbacks to April 19th 1989 when Turret Two exploded on the Iowa.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,775 posts
12,891 battles
3 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

Seems like the KGV seems the DoY have really weak turrets, mine get knocked out regularly and I see them getting knocked out

16 inchers at point blank will tend to do that.  It was incapacitated first...and I immediately expended a DCP (which I usually hang on to for fire...but it was all AP from those beasts) to prevent another incapacitation from destroying it.  Saved it once....but the next couple of salvos put it out.  I was really worried about an overmatch cit through the bow. 

Funny thing is this all happened in the first ten minutes.  I then drove around the rest of the match with only two out front...having to play the hip swing game to put my four in the back on targets.

Sign in to follow this