Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Marines

Do you feel weekday high tier players are significantly stronger?

Do you feel weekday high tier players are significantly stronger?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel weekday high tier players are significantly stronger?

• Yes, I also find high tier players to be stronger during the weekdays
    • No, I don't think so
    • I don't play high tiers

17 comments in this topic

[1-]
Members
578 posts
3,345 battles

I have been playing T8-10 and I think the players in the weekends are casual and squishy, while those during the weekdays (even weekday evenings) are significantly stronger. Is this my confirmation bias or do you also observe it this way?

[TBW]
Members
6,318 posts
11,869 battles

Seems like 100% of the people agree with me, wait I am the only vote so far, never mind. What's your vote OP? I think there are just more bad players on the weekends. The same good players are playing then too. They just disappear in the potato patch easier on the weekends.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

Really, it's more of an individual game than a team game. Player skill is determined by how we deal with ignorant players

Edited by _1204_

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,225 posts
3,082 battles

I've never noticed a difference. There are always pretty bad players around. Just have to play around them. 

Edited by RivertheRoyal

[HINON]
Members
2,199 posts
6,177 battles

overall the quality does go up across the board because less weekend potatoes are playing on weekdays... so you're more likely to run into more competent opponents and even occasionally competent allies :Smile_trollface:

[VW]
Members
1,821 posts
12,266 battles

Players of all tiers are better on weekdays. The weekends become uncontrollable starting in about 5 hours until monday morning.

[DENY]
Members
288 posts
4,368 battles

Yep more potato during the week end for sure , I've seen more bad things during the week end than during the week.

[1-]
Members
578 posts
3,345 battles

I also have another revelation lately that since the matchmaking often puts me through losing streaks of 8+ matches (or winning streaks of such for which I have no complaint), every time I have 2 consecutive crushing losses, I may as well then go back and play low tiers.

So in the matchmaking's attempt to put me through a losing streak, at least I have some control over it and occasionally carry the team.:Smile_teethhappy:

In theory the matchmaking should be fair and random. That is, pass losses have no effect on the probability of the next loss. However, WOWS's matchmaking does not appear to be fair and random to me at all.

[1-]
Members
578 posts
3,345 battles

By the way, I totally agree with this guy:

On 2/20/2018 at 2:50 AM, KalishniKat said:

After 4000+ battles I have come to the conclusion that there is some algorithm that kicks in when you have had a decent streak that is designed to put you on crap teams or in some way knock you back down. No sooner have I, after a long climb, gotten to 50% plus WR then its 8 to 9 losses in a row..get 80k damage..lose, get confederate..lose, doesn't matter how well you play..lose. It seems as if there some design set in place to keep you from truly moving up. After all..if you get too good and happy you won't spend money on premiums and assorted stuff as much in an attempt to improve right??? It may sound tin foil hat, but I've seen it too many times for it to be a coincidence. 

Source: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/151674-convinced-the-game-is-rigged/

• Cool 2

Members
238 posts
12,078 battles

Typical Weekend Player ...

On 9/1/2018 at 2:09 AM, _Marines said:

By the way, I totally agree with this guy:

Source: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/151674-convinced-the-game-is-rigged/

Wargaming has a U.S. Patent for the rigged matchmaker, cause it's an "Invention" ...roflmao ...

https://patents.google.com/patent/US8425330B1/en

Edited by BigJohnsonLogan
  • Funny 2

[1-]
Members
578 posts
3,345 battles
6 hours ago, BigJohnsonLogan said:

Wargaming has a U.S. Patent for the rigged matchmaker, cause it's an "Invention" ...roflmao ...

https://patents.google.com/patent/US8425330B1/en

"The battle table may provide an advantage to premium vehicles by limiting the tiers of other vehicles against which a similarly tiered premium vehicle may compete." Wow, thank you so much!! So maybe the matchmaking is definitely capable for favouring and unfavouring some ships!

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,574 posts
14,010 battles

Potatoes are a daily thing.  The Weekends?  It just means more Potatoes.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[MOH]
Members
188 posts
1,133 battles

To me, all games go like this regardless of tier:

1. Game starts.
  2. Someone on the team says to focus such and such cap points.
  3. Team generally follows the focus, but one or two people ignore the order, or the entire team lemmings together towards the focus.
  4. Teams start slugging it out against each other at long range.
  5. Someone makes a mistake, over-extends, or gets detonated by a lucky shot or torpedo during #4.
  6. Snowball effect begins to take place as remaining ships are, naturally, focused down.
  7. Someone on said losing team always, always, always makes the statement, "Crap team..."
  8. Salt is thrown, anger is projected, and swear words are vocalized.
  9. Game ends
  10. Repeat

If you're on the winning team, then you're just on the side doing the focusing during #6.  But otherwise, that's pretty much how every random game goes regardless of tier.  :)

Members
60 posts
365 battles
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:57 AM, Ranari said:

gTo me, all games go like this regardless of tier:

1. Game starts.
  2. Someone on the team says to focus such and such cap points.
  3. Team generally follows the focus, but one or two people ignore the order, or the entire team lemmings together towards the focus.
  4. Teams start slugging it out against each other at long range.
  5. Someone makes a mistake, over-extends, or gets detonated by a lucky shot or torpedo during #4.
  6. Snowball effect begins to take place as remaining ships are, naturally, focused down.
  7. Someone on said losing team always, always, always makes the statement, "Crap team..."
  8. Salt is thrown, anger is projected, and swear words are vocalized.
  9. Game ends
  10. Repeat

If you're on the winning team, then you're just on the side doing the focusing during #6.  But otherwise, that's pretty much how every random game goes regardless of tier.  :)

absolutely right. However, most people who do the last 4 thing are usually around my age (10-14) and short tempered noobs who just failed their way up to tier 10. on the weekdays when they are all in school, the somewhat more controlled 20-year-olds start playing and are somewhat better, both at the game, and at being good natured, to each other.

(Disclaimer: This only means that this is less frequent and less heated, but not gone altogether)

Edited by FirebirdXIV
unfinished

[1-]
Members
578 posts
3,345 battles

I think the matchmaking is definitely rigged. Maybe it has a function that balances the player skills of both teams, using the wins of your last 100 matches or so as an indicator. Everytime I carry my team consistently for a handful of matches (~60 win in the last 100 matches), the matchmaking puts me in a losing streak of 10 matches or so.

These are not even normal losses. My team is filled with pink names, people who talk trash in chat, and lemming potatoes. We get totally smashed from the beginning.

It used to be very frustrating when I play high tiers. Now I figure when such weird losses happens 2-3 times in a row, I can just go back to low tier seal clubbing. Even when I lose a lot, low tiers do not frustrate.:Smile_teethhappy:

[R-R-R]
Members
969 posts
6,410 battles

I see more divisions at weekends, either unicum division that always win or potato division that always loses.

Overall, solo experience at weekends is like a gamble. You can hardly control the game outcome with tons of divisions out there in high tiers.

Sign in to follow this