You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
enderland07

What would it take for you to play tier VIII again?

82 comments in this topic

[MIA-A]
Members
1,980 posts
6,579 battles

One of the reasons I don't play tier VIII is not enough other people do, so the population is low, meaning it often gets sucked into TX games.

It made me wonder what incentives there would need to be in order to play a bunch of the tier VIII premiums I have (or didn't buy, like Roma). Or even to rebuy some tech tree ships like the Mogami or Bismark.

What would WG need to do to make you play your VIII ships again?

[CK5]
Members
782 posts
6,253 battles

I already play T8 much more than any other Tier simply because I am trying to complete the Halsey campaign.

• Cool 3

[JUICE]
Members
814 posts
6,369 battles

Ranked?

I still play my tier 8s once in awhile, really all it takes is more server population and there will be less up tiering or down tiering all together. One other thing that would help a lot would be to get rid of the "protected" match making at tier 4. That is the root of the entire problem. New players grind happily away up to tier 4, unlock tier 5 jump in a match and all of a sudden they are facing a Scharnhorst or similar tier 7 ship. They do not know how to handle that get dev striked and the frustation begins.

Some hang around and keep playing others quit the game and here we are at higher tiers mad because "my tier 8 keeps getting up tiered"

Just my 2 cents................

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,258 posts
24,831 battles

I play a tier 8 every day.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
16,660 posts
17,308 battles
6 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

i still do...majority of my fav ships are T8s 

The advantage that tier 8 has is that most WW2 era navies had ships that really existed at that tier.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
677 posts
6,073 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

The advantage that tier 8 has is that most WW2 era navies had ships that really existed at that tier.

thats because the T9s and T10 in this game ...came later in the war or after the war...and some were just on paper.  

[WOLF8]
Alpha Tester
1,042 posts
4,375 battles

I really enjoy tier VIII. I don't understand why people think they aren't competitive. You are capable of damaging, sinking and capping in a VIII, you just can't make as many mistakes.

• Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Members
1,165 posts
12,869 battles
25 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

One of the reasons I don't play tier VIII is not enough other people do, so the population is low, meaning it often gets sucked into TX games.

It made me wonder what incentives there would need to be in order to play a bunch of the tier VIII premiums I have (or didn't buy, like Roma). Or even to rebuy some tech tree ships like the Mogami or Bismark.

I still love my kagero and a few other ships + there are always lines/classes to grind through.

The xp potential is great when you get up-tiered - after a while it's not as intimidating and it becomes fun

[CLAN]
Beta Testers
203 posts
10,893 battles

What does it take for me to play tier 8?

Well pretty much starting the game. Most of my matches these days are in my favourite tier 8 ships. 

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

Tier 8 is completely broken... I will only play it if WG makes a tier 11 so i get +3 MM:Smile_smile:

[ARRGG]
Members
4,680 posts
7,503 battles

I play mostly my X ships and mid tier, rarely Vlll anymore... how much fun is it facing X ships in s Vlll 

• Cool 2

[1-]
Members
578 posts
3,356 battles

I will pay WG 1,000 doubloons to play ranked games in Tier 8.

55 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

I have a different explanation. I noticed that during weekend peak times, it's more like 1/3 downtiers, 1/3 same tiers, 1/3 uptiers. It could be that during non-peak times, the matchmaking cannot put together Tier 10 games in a limited time (especially consider so many are in Tier 10 divisions, making it extra hard), so many Tier 8 ships get dragged into a Tier 10 game.:Smile_teethhappy:

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,036 posts
11,539 battles

Better matchmaking.  I have no interest in being in t10 battles.  i do not like the way t10 battles get played.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[TBW]
Members
6,351 posts
11,894 battles

I am grinding 9 tier 9's 2 tier 8's and 1 tier 7, so I am playing tier 8 and will play it twice as much when my tier 7 has enough XP to research the 8. I also have a lot of tier 8 premiums I like to play. Did people quit playing tier 8? I always was a non conformist.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,219 posts
8,804 battles
1 hour ago, enderland07 said:

37% top tier battles
18% tier 9 battles
45% tier 10 battles

From Lert's tier 8 experience test.

His experience which echo's mine is you see tier 10 about half the time. If any tier should be complaining it should be tier 9 which doesn't seem to see many top tier battles which actually makes tier 7 a sweet spot.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,036 posts
11,539 battles

45% down two tiers is definitely worthy of complaint.

Members
996 posts
5,739 battles
1 hour ago, enderland07 said:

Have you asked WG to offer you or grow you a set?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 7

[OPG]
Members
3,909 posts
5,503 battles

A good premium cruiser....preferably French.  Since I started playing this game....there hasn't been a single new Tier 8 premium cruiser added.  I'd really like a premium French heavy cruiser that could synergize well with my Henri captain.

Edited by yashma

Members
567 posts

WG needs to Give out to tier 8 ships only doubloons for every battle win or lose. 10 for loss 20 for win randoms only.

I originally thought 100 per loss 200 per win. That was Too Much.

This would swamp the tier with Tier 8 ships guaranteed. 

• Cool 2

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles

In world of tanks there recently was an event called Frontline, it was PVP 30 vs 30 armored warfare exclusive to tier VIII vehicles.  It was quite interesting in the fact that once your tank was destroyed you could play another tier VIII tank while your destroyed tank was on cooldown, so you could go from one tier VIII to another until the game was over.  It was very popular with players, and it would be rather cool if WG did similar event in Warships. 

• Bad 1

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,979 posts
9,855 battles
1 hour ago, Patton5150 said:

I play a tier 8 every day.

Same here .

:Smile_honoring: