You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CraftsyDad

IFHE on Perth?

12 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,867 battles

A must have. I get much more damage with IFHE than without. I actually have it with all my captains that drive 6" gun cruisers.

[LOU1]
Members
2,892 posts
8,004 battles

IFHE is tailor made for 152mm.  I use it on every ship with those guns.  Fire AND damage.  Who could ask for more?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,743 posts
7,373 battles

Absolutely run it on Perth, Vampire, and Haida. With the short ranges they have, you need as much instant direct damage you can get.

[TBW]
Members
6,350 posts
11,894 battles
23 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

IFHE is tailor made for 152mm.  I use it on every ship with those guns.  Fire AND damage.  Who could ask for more?

This right here, it's not a matter of Perth, it's a matter of 152's.

[TBW]
Members
6,350 posts
11,894 battles
50 minutes ago, CraftsyDad said:

How many captains run IFHE on the Perth?

All of them?

Members
280 posts
9,305 battles
2 hours ago, CraftsyDad said:

I think I know what captain skill is next for me = thanks!

I dont run IFHE on my Perth, & my numbers are among the best in the world. I load up on fire flags & play forward spotter till the end game, where the Perth is an absolute monster...

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,020 posts
11,539 battles

I run IFHE on mine, and I like it.  That said, the ship works fine without it too.  If you pick it, you did not make the wrong call.  if you didn't pick it, it's up to you to decide how that call works for you.

[SIDE]
Members
717 posts
3,151 battles
On 8/30/2018 at 7:24 PM, CraftsyDad said:

How many captains run IFHE on the Perth?

Really depends on Playstyle. @bigalow87 and @crzyhawk are right in that you don't need IFHE to do well. That's what I love about this ship. bigalow87 and I are perfect examples how how extremely different playstyles can be that both work very well.

If I remember correctly bigalow, crzyhawk, and I run very different builds. If I am wrong please correct me but at the end of the day Biga runs Just conceal expert, crzyhawk runs conceal expert and IFHE, and I run just IFHE with a pure gunboat build. 

*** HOWEVER *** There is one thing that will help your Perth Game 100%, I will go ahead and assume that every Perth captain will agree with me. But one thing that you absolutely need for your Perth is the Smoke Generator Modification 1. 

Spoiler

Dv0A5CB.jpg

This ship can be an unstoppable beast once you really master the ship, it's a perfect example of Risk versus reward. It's honestly one the best tier 6 cruisers in the game. Play it the way YOU want, any one can make this ship work once you find a playstyle that suits you. I'll post my last games stats in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

UGEIeHV.jpg
vfsJt68.jpg.hmKPaQv.png

Edited by Merlox

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,020 posts
11,539 battles

Very true.  There are a ton of skills out there that the Perth can use.  It depends on how you want to play her.  I run a non-recommended build because I don't run adrenaline rush.  A lot of folks think that Survivability expert is a waste.  You have to figure out what works for you.  The smoke mod, if you have one is fantastic.  I run it on both Perth and on Haida.  I used to run dual fighters, and I miss it.  There's just more that I want than I can afford.  This is what I run.  I'm not the best Perth player around, but I can hold my own with her, and this works for me.  If I change my spec up, I'd likely drop SE and pick up dual fighters again, and last stand.

perth.png