Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sadaas

Anniversary tokens - where to spend

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

0
[SHOOT]
Members
12 posts
6,838 battles

Is the only place to spend Anniversary tokens in the Arsenal?

I'm such a newb...

Edited by Sadaas
found the initial answer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
125
[VVV]
Members
342 posts
2,249 battles
16 minutes ago, Sadaas said:

Is the only place to spend Anniversary tokens in the Arsenal?

I think so.

(P.S. If you can't get enough tokens for a commander, get some anniversary camos. Those things are good. I've been using em to grind the US Cruiser line.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,489
[INTEL]
Members
6,627 posts
25,293 battles

Yes it is.

Get some Dasha 10 point captains for the nations (lines) you are grinding.

Edited by alexf24
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
57 posts
2,646 battles

That is the only place to cash in your tokens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
455
[LOU1]
Members
2,857 posts
7,992 battles

I think it is a way for WG to let you pick what you earn, rather than what comes out of a random container.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,950
[PVE]
Members
8,838 posts
7,257 battles

If you think that you might get the T8 UK Edinburgh cruiser or the German T8 Z-23 destroyer, get one or both permanent camos if you can. Each one is worth 3,000 doubloons and will wait for you to grind to the ship(s).

 

The 10pt captains are a great choice as well along with the one-use camos.

 

If you have any tokens left over that you can't or don't want to spend, they will be converted to credits when patch 7.9 drops early morning Sep 19th.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
280
[-WPG-]
Members
731 posts
3,145 battles

The RN CL tree is probably the last cruiser line I will pursue.  However, if I do, having a T8 permacamo will help with the grind, as well as not having to use good XP boost camos. I'll get that, and probably spend the rest on the premium flags

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,950
[PVE]
Members
8,838 posts
7,257 battles
6 minutes ago, Sadaas said:

Thanks all - great replies, and quick!

You are welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,950
[PVE]
Members
8,838 posts
7,257 battles
3 minutes ago, spiderpup said:

anyone know if the anniversery tokens expiry

Yes, when patch 7.9 drops next Wednesday, September 19th, the unused tokens will be converted to credits at 1 token to 15,000 credits. So spend your tokens by midnight Tue, Sep 18th and buy any containers you need this weekend in case they are removed from the shop before the patch drops. I would spend most of your tokens on the stuff you really want before Mon, Sep 17th just in case.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
981 posts
5,690 battles
9 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yes, when patch 7.9 drops next Wednesday, September 19th, the unused tokens will be converted to credits at 1 token to 15,000 credits. So spend your tokens by midnight Tue, Sep 18th and buy any containers you need this weekend in case they are removed from the shop before the patch drops. I would spend most of your tokens on the stuff you really want before Mon, Sep 17th just in case.

C'mon, Kizar-V: you sound less than confident that the event will conclude smoothly, like a well-oiled machine. Why you have to have such low confidence in WG's coordination of events? It's not like they hosed up the conclusion of any recent events.........is it?

(wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
258
[CVA16]
Members
2,172 posts
9,622 battles

Do those Dasha etc. commanders have any specialties  or "just" a 10 pt captain? (i.e. bonus to certain captain skills)

 

Glad I saw this thread, might have missed the deadline.

 

Edited by Sabot_100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,950
[PVE]
Members
8,838 posts
7,257 battles
27 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

C'mon, Kizar-V: you sound less than confident that the event will conclude smoothly, like a well-oiled machine. Why you have to have such low confidence in WG's coordination of events? It's not like they hosed up the conclusion of any recent events.........is it?

(wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

Until a few events end well, like they did before Go Navy, I will be cautious. :Smile_hiding: If the RN event runs smoothly, then I will dial it back. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
115
[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
449 posts
953 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Until a few events end well, like they did before Go Navy, I will be cautious. :Smile_hiding: If the RN event runs smoothly, then I will dial it back. :Smile_teethhappy:

Well, we're already off to a good start on the Royal Navy event...from what I can tell, it is supposed to go through the end of the 7.11 update, meaning when 7.12 hits, it'll go away, as they state on the event page:

" The event will last for three months, until the end of Update 0.7.11, and it begins at: 4:00 AM PT, September 20, 2018"

However, later on, they have this little gem that says the Sovereigns will get pulled from your inventory when 7.11 goes live, meaning a month earlier than the end of the event:

"Please note that the Royal Navy category and the ability to use Sovereigns to obtain its contents will stay available in Update 0.7.10, so you'll have plenty of time to choose the items you want. With the release of Update 0.7.11, each Sovereign in your possession will be exchanged for 25,000 credits. "

:Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,950
[PVE]
Members
8,838 posts
7,257 battles
2 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

Well, we're already off to a good start on the Royal Navy event...from what I can tell, it is supposed to go through the end of the 7.11 update, meaning when 7.12 hits, it'll go away, as they state on the event page:

" The event will last for three months, until the end of Update 0.7.11, and it begins at: 4:00 AM PT, September 20, 2018"

However, later on, they have this little gem that says the Sovereigns will get pulled from your inventory when 7.11 goes live, meaning a month earlier than the end of the event:

"Please note that the Royal Navy category and the ability to use Sovereigns to obtain its contents will stay available in Update 0.7.10, so you'll have plenty of time to choose the items you want. With the release of Update 0.7.11, each Sovereign in your possession will be exchanged for 25,000 credits. "

:Smile_facepalm:

Yeah, I tagged Pigeon, Turbo and Gneis in that RN thread to bring their attention to that. Hope to hear something back before the event starts on Wed with patch 7.9 dropping.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
262
[5IN]
Members
1,785 posts
8,109 battles

semi-related to the Anniversary token topic, I wish you could buy more than one item at once.  If I want to get a set of camo, I have to buy them as separate transactions, which is lame and time consuming...  Instead of being able to buy as many as I have tokens available to cover the cost.  *shrug*.

 

B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
981 posts
5,690 battles
47 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Until a few events end well, like they did before Go Navy, I will be cautious. :Smile_hiding: If the RN event runs smoothly, then I will dial it back. :Smile_teethhappy:

I know, I was there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
2,725 posts
4,327 battles

I picked Edinburgh paint (already have Z-23 paint from the last anniversary) and will spend the rest on special flags.

I don't think I need any more captains at the moment, and I don't give any f about Dasha...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×